• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really weird shit that you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got tons of these, but here's one that comes to mind.

Sometimes i wonder what people's reactions would be if i was seriously injured in an accident or something. Not that i would want to have that accident, but just that i would be interested to know how much of a reaction it would garner and how much people appreciate me.

Yeah, i know it's fricken weird.

I have a fear of looking at pictures of people I know alone. If I'm with some one else its fine. One reason why I will never walk around my house naked.

I used to get this strange feeling that I was leaving a part of me behind when I spat on the ground. I also can't get my hair cut from a saloon, for the same reason...

I HATE throwing stuff away. That explains why my room is such a mess.

oneHeero said:
I make music videos in my head of songs I'm hearing, or of real life occurrences, I find a song that matches it and literally put the 2 together in my head.
I've done this too. :lol There are a couple songs I could probably storyboard a whole video to.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
I have numerous methods to washing my hands. I'll just list two.
Take a crap: Wash under nails, outside of nails, hands, arms, hands with 3 different kinds of soap

Take a piss: wash under nails, outside, hands twice, sometimes three times, sprinkle water on my feet, 2 different soaps

Everytime I use my own toilet I Lysol it down before use. (I am the only one that uses said toilet)

Anytime someone comes over and touches something of mine, I Lysol it the hell down. I've ruined game controllers this way

I am over 20 and still lose control of myself when I get angry. Most of the time I am alone breaking shit around my place

I almost always use my foot or elbow to turn on things / open doors in my house

When I was younger and alone somewhere I would shake my head randomly a certain amount of times

I am very paranoid, I check my entire place about 10 times before I even think of going to sleep

I swear a midget sneaks into my garage at night, I have no other explaination for the weird noises I sometimes hear

I_D

Concept17 said:
Do this to, sometimes while running as well. Moreso when I was younger.

Almost every child learns how to walk by balancing on his/her toes, then eventually the balls of his/her feet.

A lot of people simply stick with that method, rather than walking on their heels; so this really isn't that odd.

I know a guy who has walked on his toes for his entire life. He has the most muscular calves I've ever seen. :lol

Usually if I get into a book or tv series I end up reading/watching it in one night (or until I finish it). Hell, I finished Gundam Wing in 3 days and read most of my high school english books in the first couple days.

Whenever I'm bored (aka in class) I like to pretend that I can shoot a laser out of my eyes and then i follow the route it bounces off objects. I sometimes follow this imaginary laser around the room for a good 3 or 4 minutes.

Not only do I not step on cracks, but if the floor/cement I am walking on is divided into large squares then I also picture two diagonal lines emerging from the corners of the squares and drawing an X. This X can not be stepped on either. I don't think this is OCD in that I don't do it all the time, just when I'm bored.

Oreoleo

All these people rehearsing future conversations.. am I the only that "rehearses" conversations that I know I will never have with someone? For example if it's a sensitive subject or just a totally BS topic of conversation I like to see where it will go.

And whoever mentioned putting a specific shoe on first, I never noticed but I TOTALLY do this. Right foot first, every time.

CavemanLawyer said:
Whenever I'm bored (aka in class) I like to pretend that I can shoot a laser out of my eyes and then i follow the route it bounces off objects. I sometimes follow this imaginary laser around the room for a good 3 or 4 minutes.

Not only do I not step on cracks, but if the floor/cement I am walking on is divided into large squares then I also picture two diagonal lines emerging from the corners of the squares and drawing an X. This X can not be stepped on either. I don't think this is OCD in that I don't do it all the time, just when I'm bored.

That's sick!! :D I used to do that whole crack thing when I was in younger. :lol But, I can just imagine how goofy I'd look trying to do that now.

bjork

CavemanLawyer said:

Holy shit. I do that too.

I remembered another one, in the "I visualize lines" theme: when I'm driving, I imagine a line going back and forth across the street that connects the telephone poles and lightposts. Sometimes the line is straight, sometimes diagonal, all depending on the spacing of the poles. Then when I look in the rearview, I imagine that my car pulled the string tight and sewed the street shut.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
After playing a lot of tic tac toe, go or something like that, I start imagining the patterns on what I see. For example, in a classroom, the seats with people on them are crosses and the ones without are circles. I go sit somewhere to form a line of 4. :lol

When I told about this to my mates, we stopped playing tic tac toe in class.

I also have the "seeing Guitar Hero/Audiosurf blocks when I close my eyes" -thing.

I crack my neck, wrists, ankles, back and fingers.

Lately I've started to try to keep burps in my mouth after drinking soda or something. It doesn't work.

I check if the zipper/buttons of my pants are open pretty often.

I almost always leave just a bit on the bottom of soda/beer cans or bottles.

maladroid

I walk home everyday, and whenever I see a dandelion, I must kick it.
A couple of weeks ago, I set a condition that I could only walk two steps in each square of the sidewalk.
I fake-yawn when I'm nervous.
I try to stop sneezes mid-sneeze. This oftens leads to a snorting sound and pain at the top of my mouth.

I also go over the conversations I've had during the day and see how I could have handled them better/differently. I don't think it's that weird, though (I do it in my head, just before I go to sleep).

Scarecrow

I like to imagine I can pop out claws like Wolverine or swing with web shooters like Spiderman. Problem is that I pantomime these motions. It's usually when people aren't around, but if someone does catch me in the act, it's kind of humiliating :(

Also, I kind of stick my tounge out a little from my mouth ( :d ) and don't notice I'm doing so.

bjork

Scarecrow said:
I like to imagine I can pop out claws like Wolverine or swing with web shooters like Spiderman. Problem is that I pantomime these motions. It's usually when people aren't around, but if someone does catch me in the act, it's kind of humiliating :(

Also, I kind of stick my tounge out a little from my mouth ( :d ) and don't notice I'm doing so.

I used to do this with Big Van Vader's hand sign. He just makes a V with his fingers on both hands, kind of like spock, then he... I guess it's a bark that he does. I used to do this at work when I stocked WWF figures like ten years ago.

When I driving while listening to music, I'll imagine that trees and other objects passing in my side window are matching the beat of the song.

bjork

Jack Scofield said:
When I driving while listening to music, I'll imagine that trees and other objects passing in my side window are matching the beat of the song.

Sometimes when I drive and there's oncoming traffic, I make a "car passing" sound as they go by. NYEEEEEERMmmm...

Finn

shiwasu said:
I fake-yawn when I'm nervous.
I do this too, and I'm actually surprised at how many people have mentioned it in this thread. I'm starting to think that there's actually something biological to this, and it's not just some odd habit. Perhaps being anxious messes our intake of oxygen, which leads to the yawning?

When I'm alone in the car I'll put my elbow on the windowsill and my hand near my mouth so I can sing along with my music at stoplights without being noticed.

I once ate a block of Ramen that wasn't cooked.

I don't fake yawn, but I fake cough a lot.

I'm always the first to finish eating, no matter who I'm eating with.

maladroid

Finn said:
I do this too, and I'm actually surprised at how many people have mentioned it in this thread. I'm starting to think that there's actually something biological to this, and it's not just some odd habit. Perhaps being anxious messes our intake of oxygen, which leads to the yawning?
I think it's psychological (at least for me). I was doing it a bunch just before an oral presentation a couple of weeks ago, and I think it's because I associate genuine yawning with sleepyness/boredom. These states are usually attained when I'm relaxed, so maybe by fake-yawning I'm trying to emulate that relaxed state, or something.

JaCy

Dice Man said:
Every time I pass a coworker in the hall at work, I clear my throat right after I say hello or whatever.

Same here, it just happens.

I never eat cereal, unless its soggy as hell. I'll let it soak up for like 5 minutes before I eat it.

Get GAF memes,gifs or jpeg saying stuck in my head all day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
WickedAngel said:
I can't go to sleep without checking my alarm a few times (Even when I know I set it). I don't know why.

That would be a minor case of OCD... they say everyone has it a little bit.

thebagofsand said:
I have a fear of looking at pictures of people I know alone. If I'm with some one else its fine. One reason why I will never walk around my house naked.

I used to get this strange feeling that I was leaving a part of me behind when I spat on the ground. I also can't get my hair cut from a saloon, for the same reason...

I HATE throwing stuff away. That explains why my room is such a mess.

For some reason this is a very eerie post for me... what you say is almost scary. Why can't you look at pictures alone?

iddqd

i tend to "check for cameras" everywhere i go.
even in my own shower.

this started when i was 15 or so.. i should have never watched sliver.

Really weird shit that you do

Err........ i read GAF?

Nah seriously

i walk up steps and have to adjust my sequence to ensure i finish the top step on my right foot.

I count syllables in my head, and try to end sentences with 10 syllables

I speak sentences in my head first before responding

I read car number plates and if the syllable count won’t be 10, i stop reading them

I think everything through in my head before a word passes my lips

I have to check my alarm is set 5 times, and once when i get into bed

I can’t do mundane crap. If i’m not creating something new or improving a system i get on a downer

I try to see if there is a pattern between women’s backside size and eye colour. Brown/Hazel eyes generally seems to notify a nice ass is following behind

I look at people and imagine them with other peoples heads on whenever i have to give a conference (generally seems to help)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ogni-XR21

Whenever I walk by the xerox machine in our office I press the stand-by button to save some electricity.

When I hang my laundry and I use clothespins I try to use only same colored pins for one piece of laundry. If possible I will either use the same color for the next piece in line or I try to use a color similar so the pins end up in a gradient order (i.e. dark blue, light blue, green, yellow, orange, red, ...).

I think I have a case of above average OCD. It's not that my world falls apart when I don't do certain things but it doesn't feel entirely right when I don't. It actually feels like getting bad luck when I don't. One specific example is having to put bottles or cups (well all objects with labels) face forward when placing them somewhere.

Lobster

Banned
I can't listen to music that I can't imagine a music video too.

Like with that Yael Naim song..I always imagine that Valve games have been announced for Imac..

and the rest builds from there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sometimes, when I'm sitting around, I'll squint with one eye, and using perspective, try to fit the outline of my toe or shoe against the outline of something else. I become insanely relieved when something fits really well.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i try to come up with something witty/funny when reading these kinds of threads... only to discover that i'm not so witty/funny.

HELP MEH GAFF, MAKE ME MORE LIKABLE

JimiNutz

Banned
When my parents used to drive on the freeway I'd stare out the window and imagine Sonic running alongside the car. I'd make him jump and dash over and in-between oncoming cars and obstacles.

Every now and then I burst into hysterics for no real reason and practice laughing like the joker. It always makes me feel better.

When I'm in a room that has a good high view of people below me I stare out the window and imagine some guy randomly pulling out a gun and executing people.

I tap out drum beats to songs by biting my back teeth together.

I shadow box in the shower. I bob my head each side of the water stream, lean, roll imaginary punches, and throw combinations of hooks and uppercuts.

I sing in the mirror and pull really over exaggerated faces while taking pictures. Like this
210419.jpg

I wash up all my pots and pans before I eat the food I've cooked.

I roar when I stretch

I can't play computer games lying back. I have to be sat upright and leaning forward.

I have become a one-dimensional character that spews out catchphrases spontaneously (when I am with my friends). Most of my friends have subsequently adopted my catchphrases.

Along with the catchphrases, I also patented some motion with my hands/arms; think the signal for money (figure rub), but the opposite of that with the fingers flicking outwards.

Sometimes I would rub my hand against a part of my face and then sniff it afterwards... usually it smells like dried food. :S

I act like a homo when I am with close-friends just for fun (ie. I poke them or say some sexual shiz). It freaks them out pretty quickly I must say. :lol

I also sleep really late, often time for no apparent reason.
I also check my gmail constantly even though I usually do not get any important emails.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Perhaps this is not something I "like" to do, but I have a pretty grim history with braking gilrs hearts. It sucks because I am a nice guy and I also very "empathic", which means that I feel their sadness and pain so in the end, I crush myself...

its just a vicious cycle...

SO yes, this is my "really weird shit I do", break peoples heart...

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I write posts, but a lot of the times never post them.

Lucky this one made it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
not so much now, but I whenever I was walking towards someone head-on, after we passed, I used to cut across their trail before they did mine. no idea why.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Really glad I'm not the only with that music video thing. Every song I listen to I have to make a music video in my head. I even like songs more if I can make a better music video.
:lol

G-Bus

Banned
I talk to my dog. Sometimes pretend he's responding to me and have conversations with him about random things.

When I'm in the video store I get really strong urges to rent movies I already own.

I yawn when I get nervous, anxious. A lot.

Type out posts and re-read them multiple times only to erase them and not post anything.

I have a very strong and irrational fear of vomiting. Haven't vomited in over 10 years.

dogonfire

I never watch DVDs that I own, and once I buy one I can't watch the movie on TV either. I gave away my Tommy Boy DVD so I could watch it on TBS.

I spend way more time on courses that have nothing to do with my career goals.

Not really weird, but I never outgrew riding on the back of grocery carts. Uh, not in the seat. You know what I mean.

I always go grocery shopping between 10pm and 6am. This helps with the last one.

G-Pink said:
I do this, but more often, I go over past conflicts or conversations I've had and imagine things I should have said.
Same here, but in the process I become disappointed at myself for not saying something that should have come as common sense.

When it comes to TV, I don't watch X show, except for a couple of episodes here and there, while it is on the air, just wait for it to come out on DVD.

Kipz

massive bear, tiny salmon
Whenever a girl in short shorts walks past I do a butt-slapping motion. No matter how public the area it's something I feel I must do.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when I go into a toilet cubicle, I'll hold my breath until I've done a quick visual check of the toilet to check for massive splatter/non-flushing. If all is clear, I'll take a little sniff of the air to make sure its not nasty fart/shit air. Only if it passes both tests will I use the cubicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom