• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reborn (sci-fi action RPG set in Neo-Tokyo) announced for PS3/PS4

Reborn_2013_09-19-13_029.jpg

Reborn_2013_09-19-13_028.jpg

The concept art looks fantastic.

A team with no pedigree, gameplay "inspired by" lots of stuff but not actually doing anything creative on its own (didn't we take another KS project to task for this recently?) and the typical "Blade Runner" cyberpunk visuals instead of something fresh. I personally need to see more than concept art before I "day one" this, especially with 2077 on the horizon

A team with no pedigree, gameplay "inspired by" lots of stuff but not actually doing anything creative on its own (didn't we take another KS project to task for this recently?) and the typical "Blade Runner" cyberpunk visuals instead of something fresh. I personally need to see more than concept art before I "day one" this, especially with 2077 on the horizon

Pretty much. Let's not fall into the Kickstarter trap of getting carried away and funding bold ideas with teams that we have no idea whether they can execute.

element

I agree, but 13,000 a month is absurd. Maybe try living not in the most expensive part of sf? East Bay anyone? Health insurance costs money, but not that much...
$13k is actually on the low side. That takes care of salary, insurance, retirement, taxes, computers, power, rent, and any other expense related to an individual employee.

Read more here, http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2011/11/13/10000-is-the-magic-number/

A programmer will probably be between $70k and $80k yearly, which ends up $6500 a month just in salary alone. Everything else adds up really quick.

Not to mention acquiring software such as a proper UDK license, Adobe products, Maya/Max, and other tools.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
150,000? That seems more attainable.

Has there ever been a kickstarter game without a PC version to get even close to that amount? Especially with the lack of pedigree this has. $150,000 still seems like it will be really tough to get.

The plot synopsis sounds like a Ninja Gaiden script that got tossed away for being too stupid. Seriously just replace Musashi Miyamoto with Ryu Hayabusa and it makes total sense

Dark_castle

Descriptions sound awfully similar to FFXV. lol

And license board system?? They need to be careful with how they name and implement it, or else Square will slap them with a C&D.

Otherwise, 150k should be attainable. But the project seems way more ambitious for that amount, unless they downsize things.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
$150k budget is completely unrealistic, unless the dev team is 3 people or less. Very skeptical here.

Dunan

Much as it disappoints me to see Tokyo chosen again and again and again for the setting of seemingly every Japan-based game, I kind of liked seeing Ameyoko in Ueno:

...because I'm in that area every week.

Still, how about a Neo-Sapporo or a Neo-Nara once in a while?

Much as it disappoints me to see Tokyo chosen again and again and again for the setting of seemingly every Japan-based game, I kind of liked seeing Ameyoko in Ueno:

...because I'm in that area every week.

Still, how about a Neo-Sapporo or a Neo-Nara once in a while?

Sapporo is boring as hell and Nara is an historical city. Neither make much sense as a location.

Mentok

Banned
I don't know a lot about development, but 150,000 seems really light to achieve the concept art and vision they're looking for.

Blinck

This is very strange, I'm almost sure that this is a personal piece from Raphael Lacoste ( currently working as Assassin's Creed art director) and not actual concept art for this game.

http://cghub.com/images/view/350889/

"
Artist's Comments

messing around with cityscape composition"

Usually when it's art for a project the artists say so.

This was painted and posted in his portfolio almost 1 year ago, I find it very hard to believe that he would post it so early before this game reveal.

Seems they've been a PS4 licensed developer since April and have global product approval for all of SCE. They already have a PS4 devkit. Wondering if they are getting some assistance then.

Dunan

Sapporo is boring as hell and Nara is an historical city. Neither make much sense as a location.

But the game is set nearly 200 years in the future. Two hundred years in the past, Sapporo was wilderness. All kinds of things can happen by then.

Ran rp

This is very strange, I'm almost sure that this is a personal piece from Raphael Lacoste ( currently working as Assassin's Creed art director) and not actual concept art for this game.

"
Artist's Comments

This was painted and posted in his portfolio almost 1 year ago, I find it very hard to believe that he would post it so early before this game reveal.

wat

and this piece is from 2011

Where did gematsu get the art for the gallery?

The cityscape concept art looks amazing at least. If that's actually art for this game and they capture that vibe, I'll be all over this.

"
Artist's Comments

ruh roh

Top Bottom