• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore DE Details Revealed (Reduced Load Times, 2 New Overworlds, 10 Dungeons + More)

Zedox

Almost definitely, the more I play the more I see potential for what a sequel could add but what I'm seeing is that the foundation is rock solid. The team behind the game really knew what they wanted to make and it shines through even if they didn't necessarily have the time or budget some of their peers do.

I honestly feel the game wouldn't have felt out of place on the OG Xbox's line up, and that's something id like to see more of from MS.

Also Armature, if your reading this, let me just throw this out there:

Wouldn't it be nice if Joule could do a little more with that extractor device....

*cough* grapple hook from Titanfall 2 *cough*

I pray for ReCore to be one of their manstays like Halo, Gears, Forza as the foundation of the game is rock solid. They can make it a little bit more cinematic, have less stuff on the hud but more visual cues for stuff and make the game more detailed (graphical upgrade) and it would be an AAA game worthy of it. The story is pretty good and has a good foundation to expand upon as well.

I feel like ReCore is going to be apart of their "new IP" group with Sea of Thieves, and Ori.

Sometimes I seem to instantly pull a core out of a robot, but I have no idea why it happens. I also saw some reference in a loading tip about how I can instantly pull a core but I get a better core if I play the tug minigame.

How do I do an instant core pull?

If you get your combo high enough or if the bot that you are fighting is a really low level, you can instant extraction.

Gestault

I wish there were more toggle options for the main hud elements. Like, even something like the storm level indicator, for my taste, should only pop up when it's about to change or actively changing.

The nuances of the combat take a while to unpick. All simple elementa but combined can be amazing.

Movement, jumping, colours, corebot attacks (frame switching...), switch attack, interrupts, instant extract bombs, cores vs parts, status effects, aoe attacks. Love it.

EmiPrime

What's the name of the fast travel point Violet says to go to for the tank frame? I uh, forgot 10 seconds after she said it.

If you get your combo high enough or if the bot that you are fighting is a really low level, you can instant extraction.

One of the tool tips says you need a combo above 10.

I keep trying to extract all the cores in a fight...but this goes wrong at the start as I get interuppted by the other enemies.

Zedox

I keep trying to extract all the cores in a fight...but this goes wrong at the start as I get interuppted by the other enemies.

That's the beauty of the game. Gotta manage all of that while fighting. :)

EmiPrime

You don't want to extract all the cores, it stops you from accumulating parts IIRC. Just mix it up with blowing stuff up and extracting for a healthier inventory and remember instant extract resets your combo.

You don't want to extract all the cores, it stops you from accumulating parts IIRC. Just mix it up with blowing stuff up and extracting for a healthier inventory and remember instant extract resets your combo.

Ah interesting - I just assumed I'd get enough parts from the open world bits.

I do like having a fishing mini-game in the middle of fights though! :)

Hey, can someone help me with this ramp puzzle?

Once you get the new bot. how do you hit the speed ramps quick enough to make it passed the timed door that's closing?

Shiggy

Still playing the trial version. Just reached the Core Foundry. Given the low review scores I'm pretty surprised. I like the rather straightforward combat with the extracting and bot helpers.

Thank God there's that fast traveling robot though.

shingi70

Banned
I have to assume that Microsoft has future plans for recore if they went out the way to fix and repromote the game in this way.

peppers

TAQVxIh.png

ODgbwER.png
good boy Mack
(1080p high/very high)

lakers714

Neo Member
Also on the PC Version it now supports Ultrawide Resolutions which is awesome granted the menus are still 16:9 but gameplay is now available for those with ultrawide monitors which is awesome

blakep267

I was watching some streams and I'm seeing that nobody shoots the yellow boxes that are lying around. I haven't played the early levels in a year but I thought it was obvious that they contained extra goodies. People just walk past them

gamz

I was watching some streams and I'm seeing that nobody shoots the yellow boxes that are lying around. I haven't played the early levels in a year but I thought it was obvious that they contained extra goodies. People just walk past them

I had no idea until I watched a stream.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if I'll be able to finish another playthrough before Destiny lands, but I just had to go back and start all over again with this update. Feels great to be in Far Eden again, dash-jumping around with Mack.

It's really cool that ReCore is getting another shot at building a fanbase. It deserves some kind of success.

Sygma

Sometimes I seem to instantly pull a core out of a robot, but I have no idea why it happens. I also saw some reference in a loading tip about how I can instantly pull a core but I get a better core if I play the tug minigame.

How do I do an instant core pull?

you need to reach x10 combo and it ll instantly pop up. It doesn't work on Prismatic Cores bots tho

Shiggy

Do enemies on the overworld get more difficult as you level up, or does their strength only increase when you reach new areas while those enemies in old areas remain weaker?

Continued the game yesterday. Forgot almost every combat mechanic. I died embarrassing number of times on Floor 1. I had to take my time playing some other dungeons to get back into the game.

By the end of last night I was able to make it to the penultimate floor. Swapping Corebots in the middle of the battle is the key. Very tight and somewhat punishing platforming, loving it.

PaulloDEC

For anyone having issues with the Windows Store version failing to update, clearing the store cache actually worked for me, to my immense surprise.

Looking forward to getting stuck in tonight. Right off the bat I noticed that the higher value AA options are gone from the options menu; I'm guessing they couldn't fix whatever the issue was with those.

Sydle

I have to assume that Microsoft has future plans for recore if they went out the way to fix and repromote the game in this way.

I sure hope so, it has a lot of potential. I'd love to see what they could do with more variety in terrain, climate, weapons, and abilities. Maybe mix up the enemy types with organics and machines.

Erekiddo

I'm actually having some issues because of the order I did this in.

I purchased the disc version of Recore a while back and never opened it. (But thought I had)

I saw the Definitive Version for free earlier and thought it was an upgrade because I had bought the base game.

Microsoft has since revoked it and it's telling me to buy it.

I've now unwrapped the game and put it into my Xbox One and let it install updates, but it is still not showing up in my games library.

This is my first time playing and I was having a lot of fun, I just finished the intro and my Xbox one restarted... That's never happened before until this moment. As soon as the cutscene ended, the screen went blank to load and just ended up restarting my Xbox One.

The joy :/

Gator86

This is my first time playing and I was having a lot of fun, I just finished the intro and my Xbox one restarted... That's never happened before until this moment. As soon as the cutscene ended, the screen went blank to load and just ended up restarting my Xbox One.

The joy :/

Yup, I had that happen too. First time I've had something hard lock and automatically restart my Xbone.

I just finished the first dungeon. It's okay so far but I kind of hate the combat. It's bad. Remapping the controls would be a solid option to have as well.

Fuchsdh

I appreciate the moment-to-moment elements of the gameplay thus far, but I can't help but feel like all these mechanic menus are needlessly cluttered and confusing.

Erekiddo

I'm actually having some issues because of the order I did this in.

I purchased the disc version of Recore a while back and never opened it. (But thought I had)

I saw the Definitive Version for free earlier and thought it was an upgrade because I had bought the base game.

Microsoft has since revoked it and it's telling me to buy it.

I've now unwrapped the game and put it into my Xbox One and let it install updates, but it is still not showing up in my games library.

Apparently the Play Anywhere feature is only applicable to digital games, not physical. WHAT!

Sygma

How many cores are needed for the tower now?

I reached shifting sands and then the game pretty much told me to get t8 nk, I guess that's their way of making players deal with how big the zone is. Still sad that there s not a lot of narrative in it despite the recent release

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Apparently the Play Anywhere feature is only applicable to digital games, not physical. WHAT!
the console would need to be always online for physical.

Edit: well i guess they could have you put the cd into your pc /shrug.

Erekiddo

the console would need to be always online for physical.

Edit: well i guess they could have you put the cd into your pc /shrug.

Yeah, I mean I get it now but it was incredibly confusing at the time.

My PC is leaps and bounds more capable than my XBO but I don't feel like spending $20 on a game I can literally walk into another room and play.

EmiPrime

How many cores are needed for the tower now?

I reached shifting sands and then the game pretty much told me to get t8 nk, I guess that's their way of making players deal with how big the zone is. Still sad that there s not a lot of narrative in it despite the recent release

30, I think. I used to need 20 to get passed the gate after the
boss fight against Victor at the base of the tower
but now it tells me I need 30, presumably for the whole tower this time.

Top Bottom