• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption - 360 & PS3 comparison (Bish-approved!)

Truespeed

Hopefully, Leadbetter, over a DF, will get over his iPad fixation and get to work on something that will generate actual page hits.

ryan-ts

So is there actually anything concrete here or what? Or is it people just taking the words from various websites resulting in conflicting opinions which in turn results in me learning nothing about the actual differences between the two games?

jiggles

Banned
Cday said:
I'm sure if it was confirmed that it didn't have XMB soundtrack support that at least of few people would pop off with stuff like

"Preorder canceled"
"GAME X HAS IT WHY CAN'T BLAH BLAH BLAH"
"FUCK YOOOOUUU R*"
"Just saved me $60"
etc

Hey, if I can't play my Lady Gaga while riding through the fields, the game ain't worth shit.

coopolon

It seems like there are more people in this thread whining about console wars and discussing how stupid comparisons are then there are console wars and stupid comparisons.

Edit: Nevermind.

Pooya

Truespeed said:
Hopefully, Leadbetter, over a DF, will get over his iPad fixation and get to work on something that will generate actual page hits.
looks like they don't have the game yet.

imtehman

Banned
coopolon said:
It seems like there are more people in this thread whining about console wars and discussing how stupid comparisons are then their are console wars and stupid comparisons.

And this surprises you?

Brannon

Man, I have a smile on my face. Old times. 1990's GAF in full effect right here. I love it!

But which version blows the other version out of the water?

MercuryLS

Banned
Brannon said:
Man, I have a smile on my face. Old times. 1990's GAF in full effect right here. I love it!

But which version blows the other version out of the water?

I hear the DS version is the best.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
miladesn said:
We don't know yet:lol .
these are confiremd
PS3
-Exclusive content: gang outfit and gang hideout
-support for custom soundtrack (XMB)
-Home avatars
-resolution ???
-600MB install (mandatory)
-Gamespy

-720p 2xMSAA (confirmed by MazingerDUDE)

there were some framerate comparisons by Magnus and he said framerate is better on 360.
He wrote about lots of other things like lighting, tearing, pop in etc (nothing important, small things), I can't find his posts, they are in the official thread.

that is all.

So, the 360 version doesn't allow me to play the music on my HDD while playing this game?

Dan Yo

Banned
KratosKilla said:
This thread is getting out of hand. I think moderators should be controlling a thread like this because there has already been a page and a half of jokes and useless comparisons.

Also when did neogaf turn into gamefaqs? There is a lot of fanboy bickering going on.
Ever since people started name-dropping Neogaf on Gametrailers.

Pooya

Vilix said:
I know that. That's why I highlighted what was listed as a PS3 pro.
Because it's game specific on PS3, some may want to know if it is there or not, it's common knowledge that custom soundtrack works in all 360 games.
The list isn't a pro/con list, it's the info we know about the game, Gamespy for online for example is a con.
edit:updated the list for accuracy.

Facism

Gamespy isn't a con. It's a crime against humanity. Would rather have a gif of a dog fucking a cat's face when i choose to go online then have to suffer shytespy.

Sanic

Truespeed said:
Thanks for the promotion. The fact that you have no idea what it symbolizes makes it even more special.

You may want to not take it as a personal attack. Chill, dude.

Karma said:
Sure, why not? If they like the softer look of subHD on one game why not another?

IIRC both versions of GTA4 were sub HD.

Anyways can anyone answer

AranhaHunter said:
I've been curious about this and I think this is as good a thread as any to ask this, what makes a review go on metacritic? What I mean is the Eurogamer, Eurogamer Spain reviews seems to be for both the PS3 and 360, but it's only on the PS3 meta and not on the 360. Likewise Gamesradar PS3 review is up on meta, but not the 360 one. I'm sure there are more examples and other examples of some reviews that are on 360 but not on PS3, but you get my point. So does anyone know why that is? What makes a review go up on meta?

Or nobody knows?

kuYuri

Is this the first time a console game this gen is using Gamespy for online? First time I've even heard that GS is going to be used in RDR.

Dan Yo said:
Ever since people started name-dropping Neogaf on Gametrailers.

Probably true. Gametrailers has a surprisingly large community, but the forums are poorly run and the user base heavily skewed towards the PS3 section.

This thread, until there are images that we can pixel count, should root them out.

Facism

Strider2K99 said:
Is this the first time a console game this gen is using Gamespy for online? First time I've even heard that GS is going to be used in RDR.

It's used in GTA4. You spend more time losing connection to lobbies and being dumped back into SP, waiting on load times, than you do actually managing to get into shitty 3 player matches where voice chat doesn't work properly.

It's also used in Red Alert 3 PC to a similar disasterous effect.

Disgustingly bad 'service.'

beast786

wayward archer said:
orht1w.jpg

Alan Wake?

I keed.

Strider2K99 said:

Borderlands used it, if I recall. And perhaps Section 8.

Loudninja

Facism said:
It's used in GTA4. You spend more time losing connection to lobbies and being dumped back into SP, waiting on load times, than you do actually managing to get into shitty 3 player matches where voice chat doesn't work properly.

It's also used in Red Alert 3 PC to a similar disasterous effect.

Disgustingly bad 'service.'
I keep seeing this but honestly it never happen to me.

Top Bottom