• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Registers Trademark for "Alan Wake's Return"

KDC720

But wait I thought *kinda spoilers for American Nightmare*
Alan was able to return to the real world at the end of American Nightmare. Unless I interpreted that ending wrong.

Anyway, QB looks great so far, and I am pumped for what Remedy has up their sleeves.

WadeitOut

Dear diary,

Today people on NeoGAF hypothesized that a game called Alan Wake Returns would be a remake of the game Alan Wake. I blame Monsanto.

Garlador

There are just two games I wanted an Xbox One for: Lost Odyssey 2 and Alan Wake 2.

... Put Alan Wake in Killer Instinct.

Gbraga

Alan Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Dreams do come true!

I need this in higher res.

v88y7Lo.jpg

derFeef

This feels waaaay to detailed to be a simple easter egg. This board, the easter egg in Quantum's Break TV show and now the trademark...I feel it might be finally happening.

Also why let it be seen in previews... I mean they are recording new stuff with Mr. Scratch even. I guess the whole "Night Springs" for QB is Alan Wake related.

Gbraga

I mean, if it really is a game with that name, I'd expect something smaller like American's Nightmare.

Yes, Return is a sequel to Departure, but I don't think anyone expects a full blown sequel to be about his return, but after it.

It would be pretty nice if it was another webseries to serve as a prequel to a real Alan Wake 2 though. Loved Bright Falls.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Really interesting that we see return listed as #3 on the "hero's journey" list. Departure, game 1 is #1, but strangely #2 initiation has a question mark...

Alan wake wrote quantum break? and you are in his subconscious?

Holy crap I'm getting excited if they somehow link all of this! i will flip my shizzle

How crazy would it be if Quantum Break is really an Alan Wake game? At the end of the game it ends on a cliff hanger teasing Alan Wake's Return.

Bluth54

QCtOTAe.jpg

Hero's Journey
1. Departure - The 1st manuscript
2. Invitation 2
3. The Return - The 2nd manuscript

It really is happening, isn't it!?!
Yep after seeing that I would say that Alan Wake's Return being Alan Wake 2 is about as confirmed as it can be without Remedy coming out and saying it.

Departure - Alan Wake 1
Initiation - American Nightmare? Maybe the question mark signifies we don't know the initiation yet. Maybe it's a TV series or some other type of media bridging the 2 games.
Return - Alan Wake 2

PooBone

Departure - Alan Wake 1
Initiation - American Nightmare? Maybe the question mark signifies we don't know the initiation yet. Maybe it's a TV series or some other type of media bridging the 2 games.
Return - Alan Wake 2

Pretty much this, for anyone who played American Nightmare. Good job guys!

Majestad

Banned
Quantum Break seems like a huge AAA production, so it makes me wonder if it is even possible for Remedy to have worked in two games simultaneously. Alan Wake coming back is almost guaranteed, but what I would like to know is if the project has already started development.

Bluth54

Quantum Break seems like a huge AAA production, so it makes me wonder if it is even possible for Remedy to have worked in two games simultaneously. Alan Wake coming back is almost guaranteed, but what I would like to know is if the project has already started development.
Remedy does have a smaller team that has worked on mobile games in the past, maybe they started on Return while QB was wrapping up?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Obviously you may want to spoiler tag the response, but how is American Nightmare an "initiation?"

EDIT:
Then again I suppose if you see "initiation" as a prelude or beginning to something, the end of American Nightmare could be seen as exactly that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not many of you guys finished the second DLC ("The Writer") for Alan Wake, did you? Or at least remember the ending to the DLC. (A shame if you haven't played it though, The Writer is one of the best chapters in all of Alan Wake, my second personal favorite chapter).

return.png

I did notice that part when I glanced at the board back in the Quantum Break thread, but we've known that Alan Wake's next novel is named 'Return' for a while now. Initiation is interesting, however, could mean a few things. Either American Nightmare or
the easter egg they were recording for Quantum Break, maybe
?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not many of you guys finished the second DLC ("The Writer") for Alan Wake, did you? Or at least remember the ending to the DLC. (A shame if you haven't played it though, The Writer is one of the best chapters in all of Alan Wake, my second personal favorite chapter).

return.png

I did notice that part when I glanced at the board back in the Quantum Break thread, but we've known that Alan Wake's next novel is named 'Return' for a while now. Initiation is interesting, however, could mean a few things. Either American Nightmare or
the easter egg they were recording for Quantum Break, maybe
?
But whats Initiation and how does American Nightmare fit in? Because AN takes place after Return.

Top Bottom