• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

tsab

Anybody else have a problem with the driving controls? I feel like I'm having a derp moment when I play this game -- the truck never turns in the direction I think it should. I want to like this, but it's killing my enjoyment.

360 controller recommended

ezekial45

Banned
We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

My digital game order page is completely empty. I've never made a purchase for digital product on Amazon before.

tsab

We're sorry!

An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Try clearing your browser cache, restart the browser and try visiting (or use another browser if you have)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OCX22C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ezekial45

Banned
Nope. Still happening.

EDIT: Now that I think about, I really worried that i'm going to be charged for all the times i re-entered my info in.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is such a bizarre release.

Delayed for, what, four months, with no explanation or ETA or anything from the publisher or developer.

Numerous, large patches released with no patch notes.

Now, DLC out of no where, and it's free. Why? Who knows. Neither the publisher nor the developer have said a word.

XDDX

I just want to check if the game comes with the DLC for free if you buy it from Amazon.

The price is really great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This is such a bizarre release.

Delayed for, what, four months, with no explanation or ETA or anything from the publisher or developer.

Numerous, large patches released with no patch notes.

Now, DLC out of no where, and it's free. Why? Who knows. Neither the publisher nor the developer have said a word.

I'm assuming it's free as an apology for the mess of a release.

woober

So I bought the game for myself, but I also want to gift it to my friends. How would I do this on Steam? Everytime I try to claim my extra codes, it says I already own the game. Any way to gift this or do I have to do it the lame way and email it to them.

Firebrand

So I bought the game for myself, but I also want to gift it to my friends. How would I do this on Steam? Everytime I try to claim my extra codes, it says I already own the game. Any way to gift this or do I have to do it the lame way and email it to them.
You currently can't enter keys to register them as gifts in your inventory. You'd have to give those people the keys directly.

Anybody else have a problem with the driving controls? I feel like I'm having a derp moment when I play this game -- the truck never turns in the direction I think it should. I want to like this, but it's killing my enjoyment.

Try enabling one of the control options. Tank controls or something? I did that and the controls felt much better.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
According to the system requirements, you need DX10.1 compatible card.

According to Intel the Intel HD graphics are 10.1 compatible. SysReqLab says the computer fails but it says that for everything, even games I can play. So I was hoping for direct testimonial about it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Can anyone tell me if/how well this runs on Intel HD laptop graphics?

The game is Woody, you're PC is the zombie.

batterupj0zid.gif

52club

Just want to say this game is incredible. Reminds me off an old arcade game (Off-Road I want to say) mixed with an old EA helicoptor game (can't remember the name) then topped off with an old arcade coin gobler top down shooter. Still can't believe I picked this up for $3 on the PC.

tusken77

Just want to say this game is incredible. Reminds me off an old arcade game (Off-Road I want to say) mixed with an old EA helicoptor game (can't remember the name) then topped off with an old arcade coin gobler top down shooter. Still can't believe I picked this up for $3 on the PC.

Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road + Desert/Jungle Strike + Jackal.

leng jai

This game is brilliant, especially for 3 bucks. The gameplay is simple yet addictive and the graphics are really gorgeous while keep a rock solid framerate. Blowing shit up is so satisfying and never gets old.

grkazan12

Just finished the main campaign today and damn is it good. The gameplay feels really good, the story's basically GI Joe meets expendables, and the graphics are beautiful..DAT FIRE and SMOKE and everything. Seriously but this game people.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Love the A/V and feel of this game but I've encountered a couple of bugs so far. I'm on PC, naturally.

First, I'm using my PS2 pad with a 360 pad emulator and it's working great, except that my monitor goes to sleep after a set period of time, as if I were just sitting here inactive instead of playing the game. Is that something I can fix? I could always disable monitor sleep, but I'm hoping there's a game-specific solution.

The second bug was that the helicopter crate landed directly on me. It opened and I entered the helicopter instantly, but the "open the crate!" prompt never went away. My time ran out and it was instant game over. I figured it would just cost me a life. Fuck that.

Remfin

First, I'm using my PS2 pad with a 360 pad emulator and it's working great, except that my monitor goes to sleep after a set period of time, as if I were just sitting here inactive instead of playing the game. Is that something I can fix? I could always disable monitor sleep, but I'm hoping there's a game-specific solution.
Nothing you can do about that; Windows doesn't treat joystick (gamepad) input as actual input (probably due to the fact analog controls are always updating some minor amount even when still)

Daigoro

Nothing you can do about that; Windows doesn't treat joystick (gamepad) input as actual input (probably due to the fact analog controls are always updating some minor amount even when still)

shouldnt the game being on the screen count as input, like watching a film or soemthing?

ive played plenty of games on pc with a controller and not had the monitor go to sleep on me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
shouldnt the game being on the screen count as input, like watching a film or soemthing?

ive played plenty of games on pc with a controller and not had the monitor go to sleep on me.

Yeah, this is the only time this has happened for me when playing a game.

I think maybe it has something to do with the fullscreen/windowed mode options. When the screen goes to sleep, it automatically switches to windowed mode.

epmode

I believe the issue here is DX10. I have similar problems with every DX10 game I own.

I just permanantly switched the Windows power options into Always On and disabled the screen saver.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I believe the issue here is DX10. I have similar problems with every DX10 game I own.

I just permanantly switched the Windows power options into Always On and disabled the screen saver.

Interesting. It's possible this is the first DX10-required game I've played with a controller. Thanks for the info.

StAidan

I wasn't planning on getting this game, but a friend gifted it to me on Steam, and boy am I glad he did. I've had a lot of fun with it so far, even though I suck at it. (Using the 360 controller, but I'm not much good with twin stick controls.)

Sweet, sweet explosions.

epmode

It isn't DX10, it's just developers not knowing they need to disable the screensaver during their game.
My screen goes black in both Two Worlds 2 and Just Cause 2 even if I'm using keyboard and mouse. Switch TW2 back to DX9 and the problem goes away.

binary

Played the trial game on XBLA after hearing Giant Bomb gush about the game. The game blew my mind. I automatically dismissed it when I learned it was ANOTHER twin stick shooter, but this game has to be played to be appreciated. I was sold on the story elements, the destructible environments and of course the helicopter! I'm going to make my friends buy this game. They'll love it.

Picked this up during the XBLA Boxing Day sale. Really enjoying it so far.

Played split-screen with my partner, who was signed into her profile on the XBox, but it only listed her score with "Player 2" and not with her gamertag. Also, when she started the game later, her progress and XP levels weren't there. Is this a bug/feature?

jgkspsx

I automatically dismissed it when I learned it was ANOTHER twin stick shooter, but this game has to be played to be appreciated.
Exactly my situation. Awesome game. I didn't realize it was by the Just Cause guys, but that's exactly what I was thinking of while playing it.

sephi22

Man I had this game through the PSN play promotion and didn't bother to play it till now. It's pretty fun. The intro movie is hilarious.

I still need to touch the baconing, bloodrayne, and payday:the heist. Played a lot of third strike.

Also, I got this message from PSN that my vehicles dlc was ready and I downloaded, but it's only 180kb. Does it come with a coupled title update, because I h agent updated this game since week 1 and I don't know how to find the vehicles in game. My ps3 does not have Internet access at the moment so I can't check

Edgeward

Came back to this after not playing it since release and prior to patches and dlc stuff, as I wanted to try out the new vehicles. Froze on start-up and then froze mid-mission. Sigh. Gonna redownload it and hope that fixes it but I never encountered any of that when I played it on release.

tsab

Man I had this game through the PSN play promotion and didn't bother to play it till now. It's pretty fun. The intro movie is hilarious.

I still need to touch the baconing, bloodrayne, and payday:the heist. Played a lot of third strike.

Also, I got this message from PSN that my vehicles dlc was ready and I downloaded, but it's only 180kb. Does it come with a coupled title update, because I h agent updated this game since week 1 and I don't know how to find the vehicles in game. My ps3 does not have Internet access at the moment so I can't check

I am pretty certain that the PSN version had an update prior the expansion that included the new content. You'll need to update the game

Top Bottom