• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

tusken77

Renegade Ops is the current game in PSN's '12 Deals of Christmas' with up to 55% off the normal price. It's £5.10 or £4.59 for PS+ers. For such a solid, quality game that is an absolute STEAL.

Had pre-ordered on Steam, and thanks to this thread, just checked the game and I have both the new campaign and the extra characters.

To access the campaign, I just went to the single player option and I was now able hit right to select the new campaign (which then brings you to the level select). New characters showed up when I would normally select a character.

Pretty nice that (it seems) to be free for a lot of people on PC considering what a nightmare the launch was, but going by some of the posts so far, now they have issues delivering the DLC. Hope everyone gets access soon, just the first level of the new campaign is pretty awesome. Loved going down the mountain, ramming into everything.

Adnor

Banned
Now I have the characters and the other campaign.

Do you really think this is a free DLC for the pc users? I mean, Steam has the price of these DLC on the store, so maybe this is an error?

Sober

Now I have the characters and the other campaign.

Do you really think this is a free DLC for the pc users? I mean, Steam has the price of these DLC on the store, so maybe this is an error?
I think pre-orders had it considering they had to deal with the delay-delay again deal on launch. I bought it during the autumn sale so I'd have to buy it it looks like.

mrgone

Havn't gotten the DLC yet here, either. They seem to be going out in waves for some reason, though. Could also be slow with all the other craziness that's going on with Steam right now

SmokyDave

Game hasn't worked for me for ages (hit level 6ish and then it would crash to desktop after loading my save). Really hope this update makes it playable again because I was having a blast.

duckroll

Cold Strike is a pretty good DLC add-on for a game like this. The environment looks different from the stuff in the normal campaign, and it fits with the holiday season to boot. Kinda nice.

Cold Strike is a pretty good DLC add-on for a game like this. The environment looks different from the stuff in the normal campaign, and it fits with the holiday season to boot. Kinda nice.

Yeah, I enjoy crashing through Igloo bases.

Also like playing as Crystal, since I never played the first character in the original game who had the defensive power, so it's fun to go through with a different play style.

Bought during the Thanksgiving sale and I have the DLC too. Looks like it's time to finally play my steam copy (beat it on 360)

I take it this was the couple hundred meg update I got over the weekend?

So Coldstrike is supposed to be free? I pre-ordered the game through a 4 pack but nothing is showing up.

If you got it on Steam, some people in the forums are saying that restarting Steam then check the DLC tab in the Game Properties. Not 100 percent working though. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293371&page=3

Keep in mind that in game, you won't find the content through the DLC menu, it's in the regular single player option, you can now select between two campaigns (the original and the DLC).

If you got it on Steam, some people in the forums are saying that restarting Steam then check the DLC tab in the Game Properties. Not 100 percent working though. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293371&page=3

Keep in mind that in game, you won't find the content through the DLC menu, it's in the regular single player option, you can now select between two campaigns (the original and the DLC).

It worked. Well just restarting didn't work. I deleted everything on steam except steamapps and the executable. Beat Hazard also wasn't working and now is.

Every time I have problems on steam that's what I do, it just redownloads everything except the games. Works 99% of the time.

ArjanN

It worked. Well just restarting didn't work. I deleted everything on steam except steamapps and the executable. Beat Hazard also wasn't working and now is.

Every time I have problems on steam that's what I do, it just redownloads everything except the games. Works 99% of the time.

I'd use the check file integrity option in Steam before deleting anything, in case you don't already know about that.

1-D_FTW

Is there any audio que? I finished the first level and swear I didnt see him.

No. I just got him on my first play through. It was right after I delivered the last load of passengers and was heading E, NE of the plane after getting the objective to destroy the SAMs (think that's when it was). Although it might have been just before then when I was tasked with the last stage of defending the plane. But I think it was just after that. Pretty sure it was calm and I was headed towards the SAMs.

iratA

Can someone tell me, does the 'Renegade Ops (Bundle)' on EU PSN Christmas Deal include the extra coldstrike campaign etc?

I just can't see whats in the 'bundle' from the description.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

HELL YES

capture9yksg.png

duckroll

Yeah, I enjoy crashing through Igloo bases.

Also like playing as Crystal, since I never played the first character in the original game who had the defensive power, so it's fun to go through with a different play style.

Crystal's force field is pretty crazy overpowered honestly. Definitely fun to use.

Is the free DLC working for anyone that got it in a 4-pack? I hosted and pre-ordered long before the game came out and did receive a game update but the DLC wasn't listed in my library.

I didn't think to restart the client last night but will check when I get home from work today.

MrDaravon

Does anyone know if they ever patched the 360 version? I still have two characters that I literally cannot choose any longer (it hangs forever after I select them for a level).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I got the dlc, didn't pre-order, didn't get 4 pack, got the game only a week or so ago.

tusken77

Is this really true?

Yes. The PS3 version runs smoothly while, as mentioned by several in this thread, the 360 version suffers from some micro-stutter. I've also seen it reported in other places such as Eurogamer. But, that said, this was when the game had just been released. Perhaps one of the patches has corrected the issue by now.

Yes. The PS3 version runs smoothly while, as mentioned by several in this thread, the 360 version suffers from some micro-stutter. I've also seen it reported in other places such as Eurogamer. But, that said, this was when the game had just been released. Perhaps one of the patches has corrected the issue by now.

I think it has as i'm going through both demos and they seems oke doke to me.

wouwie

Are the new levels worth buying? Loved the game so i'm definately interested in more but i'm wondering about game length. Anybody played them yet?

Top Bottom