• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Reebot

And that's got a chance of happening? I don't know RE3's sales, especially upon its re-releases, but I know for its launch on PS1 it was critically well received overall.

REmake 2 would give them a big head start in mechanical assets right? Like the modernized RE2 controls and animation and such could be used for REmake 3, really?

Wait I'm confused; success of REmake 2 corresponds way more heavily to a potential REmake 3 than Zero's re-release. You seemed confused by that at first, but now are onboard.

So yeah, REmake 2 will need to be a complete ground up rebuild. If it does well, it could probably be repurposed for 3, although most of the location are not shared between games.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely looking forward to RE2make on account of RE2 being a great game, but I couldn't bring myself to finish RE3. I'll still probably play a RE3make if it ever gets released, but I'll be interested to see how they re-jigger it.

DOWN

Banned
That would be the plan, since RE2 and RE3 take place in Raccoon City. A lot of the work done in RE2make could be reused in RE3make. Much like how a lot of the work of REmake went into RE0. RE3 actually sold 3.5 million copies and is their 10th best selling game. So I don't think they wouldn't consider it due to sales. So I think it's a safe bet that if RE2make is sells well that RE3make would be next. Once we see what RE2make is, it'll give us an even better idea of what to expect.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

That's far away but I'd love to see that happen. The complete series in HD is a nice dream.

R3make has a nice look to it

DOWN

Banned
Wait I'm confused; success of REmake 2 corresponds way more heavily to a potential REmake 3 than Zero's re-release. You seemed confused by that at first, but now are onboard.

So yeah, REmake 2 will need to be a complete ground up rebuild. If it does well, it could probably be repurposed for 3, although most of the location are not shared between games.

Yeah I simply didn't know if RE 3 was more aligned with the two newest remasters or if it needs the RE2 overhaul and I now understand that it's most likely it would be developed piggybacking off of REmake 2 using it's engine work if successful.

Reebot

Yeah I simply didn't know if RE 3 was more aligned with the two newest remasters or if it needs the RE2 overhaul and I now understand that it's most likely it would be developed piggybacking off of REmake 2 using it's engine work if successful.

Well side-note to this discussion, if you haven't played RE 2 and 3 go check them out; both are still fantastic games.

Jawmuncher

I'm definitely looking forward to RE2make on account of RE2 being a great game, but I couldn't bring myself to finish RE3. I'll still probably play a RE3make if it ever gets released, but I'll be interested to see how they re-jigger it.
RE3 is my favorite of the old school games actually. I want RE2make to be succesful so I can get that sweet Nemesis.
So I played 1,2(my fav),a bit of 3, REmake, and 4...where does 0 sit?

It'll probably be your least favorite. But it's still a good game for what it is.
In terms of mainline RE games, the bad ones when people rank are still good games overall. Not counting those who dislike action or survival horror styles.

i'm going to do some A and B ing this week

FAzQ3xtl.jpg

want to see if Rebecca looks better. so far i don't like her new fake eye lash extensions

Bergerac

It'll probably be your least favorite. But it's still a good game for what it is. In terms of mainline RE games, the bad ones when people rank are still good games overall. Not counting those who dislike action or survival horror styles.

Funnily enough I think 0 is closest to 2 in terms of themes and events.
Two characters wind up in a nightmare situation, meet up, work together, come across a wacky ex-Umbrella scientist hellbent on revenge. It's pretty close to RE2's basic events.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ahh...the Gamecube

I miss Eternal Darkness (pretty sure that has a zero percent chance of ever being remade)

Nintendo keeps renewing the Eternal Darkness license (which they don't do for every old IP of theirs they aren't doing anything with), and if they don't do something with the IP in the next year or two they lose custody over it, so at the very least Nintendo seems to want to keep the Eternal Darkness IP for some reason.

Though Gamecube on horror games was weird. There were very few Gamecube horror games, basically all there was were the Resident Evil games and Eternal Darkness, but the ones that were made for the platform were all insanely good mostly. REmake, RE4, and Eternal Darkness. Zero isn't AS good, but it's still good.

Jawmuncher

Nintendo keeps renewing the Eternal Darkness license (which they don't do for every old IP of theirs they aren't doing anything with), and if they don't do something with the IP in the next year or two they lose custody over it, so at the very least Nintendo seems to want to keep the Eternal Darkness IP for some reason.

Could be what Retro is working on. That or a rerelease would be nice.

Neff

I'm going to say already that I'm very very happy with this port.

But yeah it's no REmake.

But then what is?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dead Aim was awesome in general, come at me bros.

On topic, the train segment is one of my favorite RE areas. Quality take a huge dip after that area, unfortunately, but like I've said before - being a lesser classic RE is still head and shoulders above most games.
I find the Chronicles games to be the unsung gems of the series, despite technically being compilations in terms of story. That's actually part of what made them so appealing.

Train is also my favorite, but I don't think the quality dips afterwards. Every area in RE0 is dripping with just as much atmosphere as the Spencer Estate or Raccoon City. I could be biased because it's the first classic RE I played, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I find the Chronicles games to be the unsung gems of the series, despite technically being compilations in terms of story. That's actually part of what made them so appealing.

Train is also my favorite, but I don't think the quality dips afterwards. Every area in RE0 is dripping with just as much atmosphere as the Spencer Estate or Raccoon City. I could be biased because it's the first classic RE I played, though.

Totally forgot about Umbrella Chronicles. I have it sitting on my shelf and I haven't finished it yet. Man that game is hard though.

It gets worse, it's about as bare bones as it gets. There is no menu or anything. You just put the disk and it allows you to install both games as if you just bought both games from the store then when you want to launch a game, you'll just have to choose which one you want from your library.

WTF!!!????

Well.... thanks so much for the heads up man! :)

digital it is

Jawmuncher

Totally forgot about Umbrella Chronicles. I have it sitting on my shelf and I haven't finished it yet. Man that game is hard though.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the weapon handling in that game. In how you had to unlock better weapons and such. Wish it had just been light gun shooter all the way through. When I downloaded a save with all weapons, I enjoyed it much more when I could play it as a regular light gun shooter.

~Kinggi~

Banned
CVX missing is really the greatest mystery of this whole thing. I mean, shit was already remastered. Port it to steam already like you did RE4/. Shit makes no sense. Goddamnit DO IT MANG JUST DO ITTTTTTT

Jawmuncher

CVX missing is really the greatest mystery of this whole thing. I mean, shit was already remastered. Port it to steam already like you did RE4/. Shit makes no sense. Goddamnit DO IT MANG JUST DO ITTTTTTT

Dusk Golem was talking about that. I think they will, but are probably gonna touch it up some. It should be by far the easiest title to work on. Since it's already all in 3D and is now on MT framework.

Akibared

It gets worse, it's about as bare bones as it gets. There is no menu or anything. You just put the disk and it allows you to install both games as if you just bought both games from the store then when you want to launch a game, you'll just have to choose which one you want from your library.

Damn that makes me want to go digital. : ( Does this unlock at midnight?

Hopefully it means they are doing something with it. CVX is my least favorite in gameplay and main narrative (fireballs...wth), but the lore elements and potential was up there with REmake and 5. Still worth getting out there to more people.

This one is going to really be fun diving back into tomorrow. It's been long enough that it should feel like a new experience.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PS3 version shots. Overall, background remastering is notably better than REMake. Much sharper and cleaner. Character model's are a bit aliased at times though, probably won't be an issue with the 1080p on PC and the newer consoles.

They fucked up the font though.

Dusk Golem

PS3 version shots. Overall, background remastering is notably better than REMake. Much sharper and cleaner. Character model's are a bit aliased at times though, probably won't be an issue with the 1080p on PC and the newer consoles.

Wow, the new
Tyrant Prototype model
actually looks a lot creepier. They hadn't shown it in any of the previous screens or videos, so first time seeing it, but they made it look a lot creepier than the original.

that's a good-looking tyrant

I was JUST typing that out. XD

Jawmuncher

If you're someone who is still on PS3/360 looks like you don't have much to worry about.
This is a RE reaction image in the making.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
If you're someone who is still on PS3/360 looks like you don't have much to worry about.

This is a RE reaction image in the making.

ha, I was just putting something like that together. Her expression is perfect for it

EDIT: 30 more minutes!

Dusk Golem

Are you sure? Did you check?
I got my code ages ago.

that happened to me. pre ordered a while ago and GMG sent me the code late today while others got the code way before me.

contact them in case.

I was debating sending one, but I'll try. I bought two copies of Zero but gave the one I bought on Steam to a friend, and I am up and excited for Zero HD tonight, so yai.

Jawmuncher

I can't take that 1/10 seriously. I can see it being bad to some. But it reminds me of Jim Sterling's 3 out of 10 review of RE6 review.
At worst I see RE0 to be a 5-6 out of 10 if you REALLY dislike it.

Top Bottom