• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Yeah I generally prefer the Cody/Nurse variant but am buying the Steam version. Not too bothered either way as I prefer default costumes usually, in fact I've never liked many of the RE costumes. The only exceptions were Jill's outfits in original REmake and even then I still prefer the default.

Me too, the only alt costume for Jill which I liked was her RE3 outfit.

I got the Steam version too, still waiting for it to unlock. But mostly I also prefer the default costumes than alt costumes.

I played up until the surprise
scorpion boss
and got killed.
Game seems cool so far, next time I'll leave room to pick up
the shotgun

Are you playing on normal difficulty? The
shotgun
makes the fight pretty easy. Just aim
low
and run back to the
door where you've entered the room

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How is the RE1 costume unlocked?

BroBot

It gets worse, it's about as bare bones as it gets. There is no menu or anything. You just put the disk and it allows you to install both games as if you just bought both games from the store then when you want to launch a game, you'll just have to choose which one you want from your library.

I know this seems unlikely but I have to ask; were the games available in your download list after installing them from the physical disc?

Manu

Less than 4 hours to go. As a RE fan I'm psyched since I've never played this one.

I know some people think it sucks but I don't care. I like many games in the series other people hate (and the other way around too.)

Can't wait.

Azalean

Banned
Never played RE0 before and the mixed reception making me wary of a purchase. I really enjoyed REmake (played both GCN around release and HD remaster) though so maybe I'll like this one as well.

Those extra costumes are paid DLC!? I thought they where included in the remaster. WTF. I wouldn't be so upset if they said from the get go they where paid DLC but I already thought they said they where included from the start. God damn it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those extra costumes are paid DLC!? I thought they where included in the remaster. WTF. I wouldn't be so upset if they said from the get go they where paid DLC but I already thought they said they where included from the start. God damn it.

Should have guessed.

Some are included, I read somewhere others are pay DLC. I assume pre-order bonus ones will be pay DLC at least.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To my knowledge, the only paid DLC costumes are the pre-order costumes. Unless I'm missing some information, but I see no source provided, I think there's some serious misinformation going on maybe.

Capcom did say the T-Shirt stuff was DLC (people got free if they participated in voting on), and the pre-order costumes (Cheerleader, Nurse, Prison, Wolfgang) are DLC, but is there any source on the others, since I've heard alternatively to this before.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Not even finished the train yet, but the back tracking and item management are already doing my nut in.

It looks insanely good though, can only imagine what a classic RE game developed for PS4 would look like

x-Lundz-x

Not even finished the train yet, but the back tracking and item management are already doing my nut in.

It looks insanely good though, can only imagine what a classic RE game developed for PS4 would look like

Honestly I liked the item management part of the game. We will see how much I do now that its been 13 years.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I realize the costume stuff has an air of mystery about it.

A representative of Capcom suggested on this forum that owners of REmake who preordered 0 would get the Origins bonus. I don't know that anyone has confirmed this. I myself will know (at least on the PS4 platform) in a few hours.

As far as the others go, has anyone beaten it yet? Curious to know what is available at game clear. I will update the OP as verifiable information becomes available.

I guess it's also worth noting that, while we have seen videos of many costumes, I don't believe Capcom has officially announced some of them. This may indicate that they are DLC only TBA. Any sourced information would be appreciated.

To my knowledge, the only paid DLC costumes are the pre-order costumes. Unless I'm missing some information, but I see no source provided, I think there's some serious misinformation going on maybe.

Capcom did say the T-Shirt stuff was DLC (people got free if they participated in voting on), and the pre-order costumes (Cheerleader, Nurse, Prison, Wolfgang) are DLC, but is there any source on the others, since I've heard alternatively to this before.

ArALJL4.png

This is live on PS store now.

edit: From complete pack

[Rebecca]: S.T.A.R.S. 1996, S.T.A.R.S. 1997, S.T.A.R.S. Prototype, Sportswear, Cheerleader, Nurse
[Billy]: Wolf Force, Cody (Street Fighter)

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's weird, but I feel oddly... relaxed when I visit this thread. Happened the same with RE remake. Maybe it's because it takes me back to a time when gaming was simpler? I'm just glad this is coming out.

Reebot

Every game pre-BIO5 has a great, unique save theme that encompasses everything about the game's tone and atmosphere. Even GS4.

Dead Aim was awesome in general, come at me bros.

On topic, the train segment is one of my favorite RE areas. Quality take a huge dip after that area, unfortunately, but like I've said before - being a lesser classic RE is still head and shoulders above most games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My favorite locations of Zero are actually later in. I like the Train and the Training Facility, but I'm much more fond of
the torture chambers and the church laboratory

I do think the last area is the weakest, but not by a large margin or anything, and they do have one of the... oddest RE enemies there.

DOWN

Banned
So long as this doesn't bomb majorly, odds are we will see RE3 HD, right?

And there's a sliver of a chance by the end of the gen that the whole main series will be available in HD on PS4 and Xbox One?

-MD-

And there's a sliver of a chance by the end of the gen that the whole main series will be available in HD on PS4 and Xbox One?

If a RE3 remake ever happens it'll depend on RE2's sales, not so much RE0's.

Jawmuncher

I think RE3HD will rely more on the success of RE2. But it would be nice to get the first 3 remade and CVX touched up.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This is the third time I've bought this game...and I've yet to ever play it. Never played it on GC and never got around to it on Wii. Glad to see it got ported and looking forward to finally trying it.

Jawmuncher

Why would it depend on RE2? Because you think it would need a total remake too?

More because that's the title with a closer relation. If they wanted to go the lazy route they could just release a new port of RE3 using the PC versions and touch up the backgrounds. But I think everyone here would prefer a REmake style for both RE2 and RE3. Thus why if RE2make does well, I could see capcom going "We should do RE3 as well like this, people want it". RE0 success would if anything help with some straight ports of other RE games though.

Is the Rebecca x Wesker scenario revealed to be a fantasy of Wesker's that ties into him having film of photos of Rebecca in the RPD basketball uniform hidden in his desk?

DOWN

Banned
Are you suggesting a remaster of a playstation 1 title?

Why wouldn't it?

On account the backgrounds in RE2 and RE3 are minuscule in resolution, yes.

More because that's the title with a closer relation. If they wanted to go the lazy route they could just release a new port of RE3 using the PC versions and touch up the backgrounds. But I think everyone here would prefer a REmake style for both RE2 and RE3. Thus why if RE2make does well, I could see capcom going "We should do RE3 as well like this, people want it". RE0 success would if anything help with some straight ports of other RE games though.

And that's got a chance of happening? I don't know RE3's sales, especially upon its re-releases, but I know for its launch on PS1 it was critically well received overall.

REmake 2 would give them a big head start in mechanical assets right? Like the modernized RE2 controls and animation and such could be used for REmake 3, really?

Jawmuncher

And that's got a chance of happening? I don't know RE3's sales, especially upon its re-releases, but I know for its launch on PS1 it was critically well received overall.

REmake 2 would give them a big head start in mechanical assets right? Like the modernized RE2 controls and animation and such could be used for REmake 3, really?

That would be the plan, since RE2 and RE3 take place in Raccoon City. A lot of the work done in RE2make could be reused in RE3make. Much like how a lot of the work of REmake went into RE0. RE3 actually sold 3.5 million copies and is their 10th best selling game. So I don't think they wouldn't consider it due to sales. So I think it's a safe bet that if RE2make is sells well that RE3make would be next. Once we see what RE2make is, it'll give us an even better idea of what to expect.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Top Bottom