• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

Rolodzeo

So, with RE4HD in the last humble bundle I remembered this project and it'd be amazing if this mod ends being officialized by Capcom. Perhaps we could do something about it (petition maybe? they seem to be hearing some feedback lately with the RE2 survey).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So, with RE4HD in the last humble bundle I remembered this project and it'd be amazing if this mod ends being officialized by Capcom. Perhaps we could do something about it (petition maybe? they seem to be hearing some feedback lately with the RE2 survey).

That seems like a really bad idea, at least until its released.

I really doubt they would include it since its entirely not their work.

Rolodzeo

Yeah, I agree that it should be finished or near completion before doing anything, but look what happened with the restored content mod for kotor II some months ago. I think it's possible.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Yeah, I dunno how well that would fly with corporate, or if they think the hassle would be worth any potential sales. I mean, for their perspective, the release of this mod might drive sales of the game up a bit, and that just means more money for them.

Unless they could do something like an official DLC release, and then have a percentage of the texture pack DLC sales go to the creators. But then again, that might not be feasible if the pack gets released for free anyway. Capcom would have to make a deal and get involved sometime before then.

I doubt they're that cool though.

Water

PSA: RE4 WAS JUST ADDED INTO THE CAPCOM HUMBLE BUNDLE

I'm guessing 99% of people reading this thread already have the game, but just in case.

Tonight I'm posting some shots from the room where you get the Queen's grail. Enjoy, and feel free to follow the project at re4hd.com or via Twitter ( @re4hdproject )!

102302.jpg

102308.jpg

102309.jpg

102305.jpg

102301.jpg

102304.jpg

102303.jpg

102306.jpg

102307.jpg

LordCiego

Just checking this again after the capcom bundle sale, its still looking like one of the best retexturing (and in this case modelling) mods ever.

Cant wait for the final version, halfway done from what I see in the web, keep up the good work.

KingBroly

Banned
I think your work is unbelievable, man. You must really love RE4 to put in so much work.

I will say however that the last shot you put up, the blood is throwing me off a bit.

czk

Typical COD gamer
However, my only question, is.... is there a mod that causes the game to perfectly mirror the GCN controls? I know REHD on 360 and PS3 used some shitty ass PS2 deadzones, is that the case with the PC version?
I would also like to know this before buying the game on pc.

Drencrom

Love to check the progress made on this mod, the texture and model improvements really are astonishing and incredibly professional.

The nice thing is Albert recently registered for GAF, so once the account is activated, he'll answer these last few questions. :)

And really, the credit for finding the real-life sources goes to him and his efforts going back to around 2008.

Great to hear!

How many hours have you guys spent working on this mod at this point?

Sykotik

This project is consistently great. I can't wait for release!

This might be a stretch, but hell, I figured I may as well ask; do you guys have the means to alleviate the botched 60fps support, mainly with the QTEs?

I've tried lowering game speed to .25 on cheat engine, and it still doesn't resolve the QTE issue. I have to play at 30fps to succeed at QTEs.

Anyway, looking phenomenal, as always. Thanks guys!

After the success of REmake HD Capcom should be throwing money at these guys to get official PS4/XBO/NX/PC release. This would sell very well with that kind of jump in textures.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry but the game's difficulty wasn't designed around pointer controls.

That doesn't really change that pointer controls are more fun though. It'll depend on where you get your enjoyment from the game, the challenge of the gameplay, or the execution of the gameplay.

thelastword

Banned
I swear I saw on steam or a steam community page that this was released.... Keep working on it, I just got the HD version on PC, so please let us know when it's ready...

ref

That doesn't really change that pointer controls are more fun though. It'll depend on where you get your enjoyment from the game, the challenge of the gameplay, or the execution of the gameplay.

I agree, I had more fun with the Wii release than the others.

That being said though, I agree it makes the game easier. Normal controls does make it feel more tense, especially when overwhelmed.

Usually I'd be really impatient with waiting for this to play the PC release, but the quality of the texture work here is otherworldy and I am at peace with waiting how long it takes to play this with these upgrades.

RE4 is really one of those games I can always come back to after a few years and want to play. It's second to Hitman: Blood Money for me.

Fireflu

This work is just mind blowing.

You guys deserve a medal for this! So excited to playthrough the game again when its all done.

vgamer1

Figured this would be a decent place to ask.

Got this game in the humble bundle, and can't get it to run regardless of what I try on windows 10...

Look at those 3D S holes!
Spike holes

102308.jpg

Sorry but the game's difficulty wasn't designed around pointer controls.
True, but that's due to the increased precision of IR aiming. Also the game is a lot more fun and interesting with the Wii Remote. Most people in the thread have played the game, so the replays would be more in the interest of fun, rather than completion.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Question - I have Windows 10, and the 360 controller doesn't seem to work with RE4 Ultimate Ediition. Anyone know why/how to fix?

KyleCross

After the success of REmake HD Capcom should be throwing money at these guys to get official PS4/XBO/NX/PC release. This would sell very well with that kind of jump in textures.

I want this to happen too, Cris and Albert deserve to be paid for this fine work. But Capcom is going to Capcom. They're not going to release yet another PC version after UHD, and they'll most likely just port UHD to consoles. What I fear most is Capcom C&Ding the project cause they feel it is making them look bad.
Doesn't Super Salvador use the same model and textures as the normal version? I thought it was just the actual chainsaw that was different.
They're very close, Super Salvador is more "battle damaged."

BreakAtmo

I want this to happen too, Cris and Albert deserve to be paid for this fine work. But Capcom is going to Capcom. They're not going to release yet another PC version after UHD, and they'll most likely just port UHD to consoles. What I fear most is Capcom C&Ding the project cause they feel it is making them look bad.

Can a company really C&D a mere texture mod? I'm not sure if I've ever heard of that happening. Usually they only do that to things like outright remakes of their games, which would be a free alternative were an official remake ever created - competition they don't want. This mod is the opposite - we have to give money to Capcom before we can use it, so it benefits them.

I agree though that Capcom should pay Cris and Albert a bunch of thank-you cash for their work, patch the textures in officially, and port the Actually-Ultimate HD Edition to consoles - PS4&Xbone at least, and I imagine that the PS3/360/Wii U, and maybe the Vita, could run it if the textures were downscaled. Would still trump the original by a lot.

Curious - what would everyone here think if Capcom did this without paying Cris and Albert for their work? It would be a win for consumers and Cris and Albert never expected to be paid for this anyway, so TECHNICALLY there would be nothing wrong, but I'd still find it to be in very poor taste.

KyleCross

I don't pretend to know the legality of it, but I always thought if a company really wanted to be a dick they could do it. But yeah, you don't really see companes C&Ding mods. Did the guy who did Hot Coffee even get in any trouble?

But it's Capcom, and frankly I don't put anything past them.

Like I said, it is a fear; and fear is often irrational. They just have done such tremendous work on this, and for one of the best games ever made too. I'd hate to somehow not to get to experience it.

The forum thread for the HD texture project is stickied on the Community Hub for the game on Steam. I don't think Capcom's PC guys have any issue with this existing (and they shouldn't, it's amazing).

Also people talking about the Wiimote pointer controls need to realize you can easily hook up a Wiimote to a PC and get them in the PC version. Except now they are better balanced because the pointer won't ignore accuracy stats and different guns and stocks will actually make a difference. The sniper rifle scopes won't be bad like they are on the Wii version as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The forum thread for the HD texture project is stickied on the Community Hub for the game on Steam. I don't think Capcom's PC guys have any issue with this existing (and they shouldn't, it's amazing).

Also people talking about the Wiimote pointer controls need to realize you can easily hook up a Wiimote to a PC and get them in the PC version. Except now they are better balanced because the pointer won't ignore accuracy stats and different guns and stocks will actually make a difference. The sniper rifle scopes won't be bad like they are on the Wii version as well.

Doesn't it not work well for the PC version? I know I've heard it worked great in RE5 but not in RE4 Steam edition.

Top Bottom