• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Sectus

And I presume it works the same way when modding character costumes in RE6? .arc File replacements as well? I'm intrigued to know how you replaced her outfit with that pretty little number.

Just curious, thanks in advance.

That costume replacement I did in that screenshot was done differently. That was done via memory editing. It is actually super easy to do, assuming you know the basics with memory editing.

judhudson

Awww yeah, just bought this. Funny thing is, I'm terribly bad at these games and die quiet often. I don't really play multiplayer (I may give it a go if I can convince my fellow friends to get it) but I do love the standard game. I hope there is a trainer or a cheat for infinite ammo/health. I just want to kills zombies/las plagas or whatever they are.

I have such a morbid curiosity with this game. I played the demo on the 360 and PS3 and thought it was terrible. Hoping it was just that one version was better than the other. But I'm a huge fan of the first 3 Resident Evils+Code Veronica(4th was not a Resident Evil, it was just an amazing action game.) I thought, it was decent to look at by console standards, but it just plain wasn't fun. That said, my impressions were based totally on the the PS360 demo. I sincerely wish this was $15 as I would just buy it then to cure my interest. But as it stands, even at $40 I think I'll wait for a Steam Sale. If that never comes, I don't think I'll be too heart broken. Now, I wish, that my problem with it was technical, as I'm assuming that the PC version runs like a dream. I just don't think that that is enough...

Surely I can't be the only Resident Evil fan that feels this way. When it released I told myself I'd wait for the PC version as I knew it'd be the best. When I actually played it(the game itself), I couldn't help but feel incredibly disappointed. I'm not alone. Right?!

Gyrian

Well worth the admission just on Mercs alone.

Loving all the amazing IQ screen onslaugh, and we're only getting started!
Now if only Maldo could be persuaded to create a few upgrades for the weaker environment textures... :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So will the Season Pass stuff be ready to buy as soon as the game launches? I got my copy from GMG and it wasn't part of the deal. I need to have all the mercenaries stuff available.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the combat in this more compared to the console versions. I do genuinely believe the higher framerate makes the combat much more fun due its responsiveness and smoothness. Along with the FOV/Camera tweaks it's been a blast replaying it so far. Plus I love how No Mercy really doens't fuck around in trying to kill you, it's great.

One question, and it's a stupid one, but where is the QTE Assist option ?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm loving the combat in this more compared to the console versions. I do genuinely believe the higher framerate makes the combat much more fun due its responsiveness and smoothness.

It went a long way with DmC. Made the game feel MUCH better.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the combat in this more compared to the console versions. I do genuinely believe the higher framerate makes the combat much more fun due its responsiveness and smoothness. Along with the FOV/Camera tweaks it's been a blast replaying it so far. Plus I love how No Mercy really doens't fuck around in trying to kill you, it's great.

One question, and it's a stupid one, but where is the QTE Assist option ?

If I'm not mistaken (based on the console version), you can't activate it in-game, you have to do it from the options in the main menu.

It's not a bad looking game.

raiden-laugh-o.gif

It's not bad. Though, I don't think it looks much better than RE5

Riposte

So will the Season Pass stuff be ready to buy as soon as the game launches? I got my copy from GMG and it wasn't part of the deal. I need to have all the mercenaries stuff available.

It doesn't look like it. Information on it is kind of vague from what I can find.

EDIT: Even without the season pass, you have all of The Mercenaries content. (Unless you count Onslaught mode for some reason.)

Riposte

I forgot that usually these threads have a list of usernames (in this case steam IDs) don't they? Or perhaps a steam group? It seems like a good idea for getting together for mercs, the campaign, or whatever. How should I go about this exactly?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You could either put a list in the OP, or link to a Google Doc and have people add their info there (this will probably be the easier option).

gdt

Thinking about getting it for $32 on GMG right now....but I know I won't get to it for awhile. Still working through some holiday games plus Crysis 3, God of War, some DLC, plus Bioshock on Tuesday, which will swallow me whole.

I'll probably pick it up during the summer sale.

MightyKAC

So I'm like about 2 hours in on the first Chris level and I get a MASSIVE spike of slowdown where before I was cruising at about 60 fps.

Mind you I ran the benchmark and got an S rank.

WTF gives here.

Edit: AAAAnnnnnd now I just crashed. "Out of memory error" :p

Them hordes on No Mercy. Dat 300 limit.

*playing Mercenaries on PS3* "Where's everyone?!" :( THAT'S WHY YOU DROP THE COMBO CAUSE THERE'S NO ONE TO KILL!!!! :|

Can't wait for RE7 on next gen.

That costume replacement I did in that screenshot was done differently. That was done via memory editing. It is actually super easy to do, assuming you know the basics with memory editing.

Thanks a bunch for that. Will wait for a nice, simple solution from you though. I've only ever dabbled in hex editors not memory editors.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Debating whether or not to double dip on this, I poured like well over 120 hours into RE6 on my ps3 and it was a goddamn blast. If it handles anything like RE5 on the PC did this port should be fantastic.

Also it is weird but capcom has gotten really good at PC ports.

Also as some one who hated the original demo but got the game anyway I can safely say that the demo is a really piss poor representation of the actual game but Leon's early chapters really do suck just don't let it ruin the experience. This game is also a lot more about the dodge and melee mechanics than the shootbang.

Basically if you're behind cover or playing slow you're playing the game wrong.

I have such a morbid curiosity with this game. I played the demo on the 360 and PS3 and thought it was terrible. Hoping it was just that one version was better than the other. But I'm a huge fan of the first 3 Resident Evils+Code Veronica(4th was not a Resident Evil, it was just an amazing action game.) I thought, it was decent to look at by console standards, but it just plain wasn't fun. That said, my impressions were based totally on the the PS360 demo. I sincerely wish this was $15 as I would just buy it then to cure my interest. But as it stands, even at $40 I think I'll wait for a Steam Sale. If that never comes, I don't think I'll be too heart broken. Now, I wish, that my problem with it was technical, as I'm assuming that the PC version runs like a dream. I just don't think that that is enough...

Surely I can't be the only Resident Evil fan that feels this way. When it released I told myself I'd wait for the PC version as I knew it'd be the best. When I actually played it(the game itself), I couldn't help but feel incredibly disappointed. I'm not alone. Right?!

Definitely not alone, but the PC port has me intrigued as well. Some of the footage I've seen looks cool. Not sure if I should wait of what.

So I'm like about 2 hours in on the first Chris level and I get a MASSIVE spike of slowdown where before I was cruising at about 60 fps.

Mind you I ran the benchmark and got an S rank.

WTF gives here.

Edit: AAAAnnnnnd now I just crashed. "Out of memory error" :p

I've read injectors might cause crashes (eg sweetfx, fraps, ..)

Vossler

Picked this up after giving my 360 version to my sister. Been a fan, just needed to wait for PC version to clean up the graphics. Pre-Loading now!

Riposte

Approximately 3 hours until it unlocks (and I assume you won't be able to get the preorder deal on steam). I'm out until then.

VariantX

So glad I followed my gut instinct and waited it out until Capcom fixed a bunch of the game's issues. Not only did they do that, but my patience was rewarded with a souped up PC port that costs a little over half of what it originally did.

Riposte

Oh, I almost made this thread, close one. Can't wait to finally play this tonight, I did a fresh run of RE5 over the past few weeks. Gon' bust some zombie kneecap.

Kneecaps are not to way to go in this game. You want to stun them with headshots for the most part.

Shinta

Banned
Kneecaps are not to way to go in this game. You want to stun them with headshots for the most part.

Headshots, shoulder, arms. They all work very well. Then there's quick-shots, or a running melee hit. Lots of stun options!

But yeah, I was initially surprised how well arm shots work. Stuns and turns them around.

Prepurchased this before heading out the door to work this morning. Figured I might as well take the plunge since I avoided the console versions.

Left it preloading so hopefully I can get into it once I finish Tomb Raider later tonight.

scarybore

Can't seem to get co-op working with a friend so far which is a major pain in the ass. I saw a post on the Steam forums that I may have to wait for the game to unlock in other regions before it will work but that makes no fucking sense.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, I'm starting with QTE Assist enabled. No shame.

I can't find the option anywhere lol. I'm obviously being an idiot so if anyone can point to where it is in the menus (inside or outside the game in the menus) then please let us know.

I've already spent 20 - 25 hours with the full game and full QTEs on 360, I'm gonna have more fun this time! :p

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I feel like a weirdo sometimes for not minding QTEs. Doing this without QTE assist.

Also I'm glad my Internet connection has unfucked itself now, so I can continue downloading this. Should be finished by the time 10AM rolls around. Hopefully friends are around to play with.

Top Bottom