• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-loaded here! Sounds like all of the fixes and improvements will alleviate many of the problems people had with the game. Looking forward to digging into it tonight.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, pretty sure the RE5 and other bonuses thing was only if you preordered through Steam itself.

Lord Phol

I'm guessing there's no reason not to use the QTE-assist in this game?
Planning on doing a whole playthrough this evening so don't want to get annoyed someehere in the middle of it because I picked the"wrong" settings.

How do I use the residentevil.net stuff on this version? I don't see a way to link my Steam account on the site...

Edit: Derp, I was logged into the PS3 site.

dokish

Banned
I just played through the 'intro section', with Leon and Helena. Is the whole game gonna look like this? QTE after QTE, with tons of cutscenes in between? That's unbearable.

I skipped a lot of 'AAA' titles this gen (Batman, Borderlands, Dead Space, etc) and I'm kinda glad I did, because they seem be inspired by one another.

Aside from a very few games, I think its time to gaming on 3DS/Vita and never care anymore for consoles.

They should lunch a Mercenaries spinoff and get this over it. It was clear that after 4, that's the direction they wanted. Operation Raccon City was basically this.

Riposte

I just played through the 'intro section', with Leon and Helena. Is the whole game gonna look like this? QTE after QTE, with tons of cutscenes in between? That's unbearable.

I skipped a lot of 'AAA' titles this gen (Batman, Borderlands, Dead Space, etc) and I'm kinda glad I did, because they seem be inspired by one another.

Aside from a very few games, I think its time to gaming on 3DS/Vita and never care anymore for consoles.

Most of the game is not like the Prelude. It has QTEs though.

EDIT: I'm confused by RE.net... Do your points not carry over between platforms?

LQX

You skipped all those great games saying they, "seem be inspired by one another", then decided to pick Resident Evil 6? That's kind of backwards no?

Started the Leon campaign and so far the framerate has been a rock solid 60 for me. Some parts of the game look REALLY nice, but then some of the textures are so bad. Would be cool if they did an HD texture pack down the line.

Honestly I bought this against my better judgement, I rented it on 360 when it came out and didn't much care for it but they seem to have made just enough changes for me to give it another shot.

Semblance

I hate that the prelude isn't skippable and locks you out of some options. I just wanted to tweak things to my liking, not learn how to aim and shoot, Capbros. At least it was short.

e: I don't have anyone online to play with right now and I'd rather not go brolo or, worse, try my luck with randoms. This sucks, I want to play. :(

Riposte

I hate that the prelude isn't skippable and locks you out of some options. I just wanted to tweak things to my liking, not learn how to aim and shoot, Capbros. At least it was short.

You'd think with all of these changes they would make that section optional. Would go a long way with first impressions. It is pretty useless both as a piece of the plot and as a tutorial. Just not good.

Jawmuncher

You'd think with all of these changes they would make that section optional. Would go a long way with first impressions. It is pretty useless both as a piece of the plot and as a tutorial. Just not good.

Whoever was on development that day really should have stepped back and looked at that prologue and how worthless it is.

Yeah, that prologue thing was pretty unnecessary.

Also, does the game take an ungodly amount of time to load up for anyone else? Black screen for about a minute or two for me with the loading cursor from Windows.

Manac0r

OK twice now, after the helicopter crash and you get to the stadium, the game crashes to desktop saying Out of video memory. Which is bull, as its only using 400mb and I got 1.5 gig. I disabled desktop composition and it still happens, can't do that intro for a third time.. It's not even saving my checkpoints... any ideas?

Riposte

OK twice now, after the helicopter crash and you get to the stadium, the game crashes to desktop saying Out of video memory. Which is bull, as its only using 400mb and I got 1.5 gig. I disabled desktop composition and it still happens, can't do that intro for a third time.. It's not even saving my checkpoints... any ideas?

Do you have fraps running? Heard that might be a problem.

Riposte

Ha, so it seems like Agent Hunt changes mean you can just jump into any area without having to play it first. Didn't realize that. Kind of silly, but I suppose it is nothing new (you could always jump right into the final chapter of anyone's game).

Z3M0G

*The very long chapters have been broken up into stages, much like how it was in RE5 (e.g. 1-1, 1-2). This makes it easier to stop a game and play another chapter without losing much progress.

Good god... can console versions please have this!?!?! Probably too much to do in a patch though... :(

The insane level lengths is the only thing that kept me from continuing to play this with randoms online after I finished it once...

Riposte

Good god... can console versions please have this!?!?! Probably too much to do in a patch though... :(

The insane level lengths is the only thing that kept me from continuing to play this with randoms online after I finished it once...

Everything under "What's Changed" applies to the console versions.

dokish

Banned
You skipped all those great games saying they, "seem be inspired by one another", then decided to pick Resident Evil 6? That's kind of backwards no?

lol I fully agree with you. Because Resident Evil is a franchise I (used to?) love, and those ones were new IPs, I decided to give it a chance, even with all the bad comments here on GAF. Because you know... GAF. Countless games that were trashed here were actually great gaming experiences.

Well, after playing all the major shooters and action games this gen, I don't feel like putting 10+ hours through the same stuff over and over again.

-

If this wasn't a Resident Evil, this game would go down so hard. I mean, what's so special about it? The plot seems a mess (you even have to "play in the right order" to get it), you don't have any kind of relevant character development, you do all this useless chores, go from point A to B instead of actually exploring the environment and doing puzzles, you shoot tons of bad dudes with guns, kick some doors, then move to another area to shoot tons of dudes. I'm tired. I wanna walk, take my time, explore a room, search for new weapons and ammo, see what's in the corner, etc.

RE5 was bearable just because it was new and because of 'timing', but RE6 just repeats itself until exhaustion. Ugh... I really wanna finish the game, just for the sake of finishing it (big ol' RE fan here), but ugh... I think I will just play a little of each campaign, watch the ending on YT and that's it. I already saw the "secret ending" on YT and RE7 seems like it will be the same crap.

I used to watch those 'The first 10 minutes' videos before I make any purchases, they really give you an idea what the game looks and FEELS. If I like it, I buy it. Sadly I never did this with RE6.

It hurts me to see what this industry has become. :(

RedSwirl

Did they do ANYTHING engine-wise to the PC version? I was holding out hope for DX11 (hey, Lost Planet 2 had it) or really just some more features period and some better textures. Is the PC version visually just the 360 version at higher resolutions and frame rates?

Semblance

Played some co-op Mercenaries with dot. No idea what was going on, but I was having a blast all the time. I <3 quick shot.

What do you guys use for camera / aim speed though? Having trouble finding settings that I'm comfortable with still.

It's basically walk a few steps, cutscene, few more steps qte, walk, run, cutscene, shoot, qte, walk. The entire game is like that more or less. Which is my biggest complaint about it. You don't play for long without being interrupted with a cutscene or QTE.

Did they do ANYTHING engine-wise to the PC version? I was holding out hope for DX11 (hey, Lost Planet 2 had it) or really just some more features period and some better textures. Is the PC version visually just the 360 version at higher resolutions and frame rates?

Yeah, I believe they did nothing (or very little).

I was expecting this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45520507&postcount=107
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45521646&postcount=121

Top Bottom