• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the bonus copy of RE5 a Steam exclusive offer? That was the case unless GMG added RE5 to their deal recently.

I pre-ordered from GMG a while back and they sent me two codes last night. One of the game and one for the DLC. Both activated on Steam and I pre-loaded the game overnight.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I pre-ordered from GMG a while back and they sent me two codes last night. One of the game and one for the DLC. Both activated on Steam and I pre-loaded the game overnight.

It is a retail key though, no steam pre-order.

Animator

This game is utter shit so far. I have only played Prologue, Chris chap 1 and halfway through Chris chap 2 but it is pretty much army of two but you are boxed in corridor narrow spaces all the time and fighting against enemies that have the worst fucking AI I have ever seen in a game. Seriously this is embarrassing.

Hopefully some of the other campaigns have better environments/gameplay so I can at least feel like I haven't completely wasted my money on this.

Riposte

How does it control with KBM?

Not totally sure, but seems okay, if not a little unusual due to having to hold down two keys (or a key and a mouse button) at once sometimes. It does have shortcuts over the controller though (including shortcuts for setting skills for after you clear the game... that seems like it could be fun lol).

Ifrit

HOLY SHIT split-screen support?! Big props to Capcom (`_´)ゞ

Now I have to buy this just to support this decision in a PC game.
I'm not even kidding, interest in the game went from "maaaaybe at $5... someday" to 100% sure Day 1 buy.

Yeah, this all sounds great. I'll definitely get this game now, this decisions need to be encouraged

QTE Assist option sounds nice, I've heard many complaints about those unexpected (and overused afaik) cutscene lolyouredead QTEs

Riposte

lol, joined a game with a guy being AFK (on No Hope, no less)... so I pushed him halfway across the area he was in (the section after hallway where the zombies rush you) until I got bored and left. I wonder what he will think when he comes back to his game.

The game is crashing on startup for me :(

Try disabling fraps or similar programs.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
What's the easiest way to get a Dual Shock 3 recognised by the game? Also, hey Gyrian, let's play Mercs some time. =)

Takuan

What's the easiest way to get a Dual Shock 3 recognised by the game? Also, hey Gyrian, let's play Mercs some time. =)

MotionInJoy, have it emulate a 360 controller. Apparently it sends miscellaneous data to China, so use at your own risk. I do.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
bh62013-03-2218-13-28i0k5h.png

bh62013-03-2218-04-367bkyo.png

bh62013-03-2218-11-28sbj6w.png

Quoted for the faint of heart

Ros8105

So the "Out of video memory" crash, is this a AMD driver issue? 7950 here and keep getting this message every half an hour or so. No fraps running or anything like that.

I can't have 15 on the camera settings where it puts your character as far to left as possible cause then I won't see anything of what's happening on my left side. I think I need to change it to 10 or lower cause alot of times when playing in Extra Content I will get surprised attacked when aiming and walking.

nbthedude

Is there anyway to get rid of in game voice chat? I want to use Steam chat.

Ugh.

Turning the chat volume to zero in game does nothing.

Domstercool

Is there anyway to get rid of in game voice chat? I want to use Steam chat.

Ugh.

Turning the chat volume to zero in game does nothing.

I had to do it by going into windows and moving the default voice device to another one, so that skype would work without RE6 repeating the voice.

mic5kkek.jpg

MutFox

Banned
Hope there is a mod to make this game co-op but for more than 2 people...
Or maybe it already is...

I pre-loaded yesterday, just waiting to get off work so I can play... :p
Gonna play the whole thing 2 player co-op, my brother is waiting for me... :D
Pretty much the reason I enjoyed RE5 so much...
Co-op has been one of my favorite things since the NES...

MooMoo

Aw was kinda hoping the RE.net stuff would be compatible across platforms. Oh well, not like I achieved much on the 360 version anyways :p

Man, RE6 Mercs is amazing. I've only done the first stage with two characters so far, but I think I already like it more than RE5 Mercs. I managed to land spot 52 (or 56?) on the leaderboards with Chris.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I only made it through the prologue because I'm crazy tired. Sleep schedule is out of whack...I need to detox the caffeine and sleep tonight. I'll plow through this tomorrow if it gets better. The QTEs were...a bit much, and the game is on rails. I want to play RE2 with these graphics, not tap arbitrary buttons in a hallway in response to obvious encounters. But they don't even expose the auto-QTEs until after you complete the prologue and the main menu shows up. So I'm hoping it gets better.

Plays liquid smooth with Vsync+120Hz+6950CF. CF actually seems to work here.

Damn, should have preorder it. Anyway, bought for 29 Euro. I expected it to cost more than that, tbh.

I usually expect a flat conversion on steam. Is the game still $39?

How do you guys access Mercs mode right from the get go without finishing all the campaigns in advance?

Says here I need to finish all the campaigns first when I try to access Mercs mode from the Extras menu.

Anyhoo, the game runs really well when compared to the asstastic performance when running the benchmark. Got the game running at High settings (except Motion Blur = Off, AA = Off), and 1440x810 on my archaic rig (Core 2 @ 2.8GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670) @ 40 FPS.

Riposte

How do you guys access Mercs mode right from the get go without finishing all the campaigns in advance?

Says here I need to finish all the campaigns first when I try to access Mercs mode from the Extras menu.

That shouldn't be right. Mercs should be accessible right from the start. Perhaps you somehow skipped the prelude or something and that may be required?

That shouldn't be right. Mercs should be accessible right from the start. Perhaps you somehow skipped the prelude or something and that may be required?

I tried it after doing the prelude, and also went back to the main menu to change the horrible default FOV.

Hmm... perhaps I need to start any campaign first?

EDIT:- Here's what it looks like for me now. I can select Agent Hunt and Onslaught but the two Merc Modes are greyed out.

Riposte

It's pretty obvious the prologue is the typical opening cinematic of a game, just interactive. From that respect I can appreciate it.

It does nothing for the story and aside from the beginning, it is not really visually interesting. It is just not good.

EDIT: That's a really weird bug ambientmystic.

derFeef

Ugh I should wait for a patch or a driver update, every once in a while it crashes when I open steam overlay or the ingame menu....

I am enjoying it so far though, but it's really slow at the start (in a good way).

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If the jeep texture is a bug, it's one I got as well. It looked bad. When I had the textures set to high, one part of the jeep also had a weird flashing.

I'm just glad it's running better than the benchmark.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well gameplay wise I'm not really seeing what all the hate was about so far. Feels almost exactly like RE5 but with more freedom in player movement (with all the rolling shenanigans you can do).

Top Bottom