• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 announced

Click

Banned
I bought and played the shit out of R2, just like I did with GAF in R:FoM.
R3 won't be any different. :lol

Loved them both. Obviously FoM was better but R2 was a really fun game too, especially the online co-op mode. I loved Competitive too.

Can't wait to see more of this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TTP said:
Wasn't that just some kind of vision Hale had? Or was it real? Fuzzy memory.
It was real. He had visions of it early on but Earth actually got teleported into the Chimeran solar system. It wasn't very clear in the game the first time through though. I also edited my original post a bit since I think you are probably right in your guess.

theBishop

Banned
This is the most schizophrenic series in the history of videogames. It's practically the Final Fantasy of shooters.

That said, I prefer the vibe of this trailer to the action movie of R2. Hopefully it's not a total zombie survivor game.

Parts

The art direction here was minimalist but excellent, the exact opposite of R2. Colour me pumped if this is a sign of things to come (I loved R2 but like FoM a LOT more.)

jett said:
Taking the focus to civilians instead of military crap would be an excellent move.
God, that would be awesome.

MightyKAC

All I gotta say is, this game better look really, really REALLY fucking good if it wants a snowballs chance in hell of succeeding.

Ashes

Banned
They're taking three years to produce this. I'm interested to know what the hell they're going to do with the extra year? I think this will be more open then what we've seen so far in the resistance series.

before R1? i though in R1 the narrator lady said that chimera took over europe super quick and USA was trying to stay out of it or something? so isn't the american invasion after R1?

either way, i hope the trailer really IS implying that it's focused on civilians and not the kind of teaser that sets up unrelated backstory scenes. (ie: we still end up being a marine guy and the trailer is only focusing on what is going on for the average american at that point in time)

please have move support, awesome co-op, and online code that actually works. a few months after R2 released i was suddenly unable to connect to any game at all ever in the world ever. no reason for it either. patches did nothing. just stopped working. period. which is funny because all i wanted to do was co-op anyway.

Camwi

I was expecting to hate R2 before I played the game because of the backlash that it got on NeoGAF and because of Insomniac themselves saying that they let their fans down. But instead I loved the game, just like I loved the first one.

I really hope that they don't take fan input too much into account and screw with the flow of the series. I think Insomniac has done a fantastic job so far (though I do wish they'd bring back the weapon wheel).

Ashes

Banned
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
before R1? i though in R1 the narrator lady said that chimera took over europe super quick and USA was trying to stay out of it or something? so isn't the american invasion after R1?

either way, i hope the trailer really IS implying that it's focused on civilians and not the kind of teaser that sets up unrelated backstory scenes. (ie: we still end up being a marine guy and the trailer is only focusing on what is going on for the average american at that point in time)

please have move support, awesome co-op, and online code that actually works. a few months after R2 released i was suddenly unable to connect to any game at all ever in the world ever. no reason for it either. patches did nothing. just stopped working. period. which is funny because all i wanted to do was co-op anyway.

Didn't the live action adverts for R2 do this? shame if true.
Also, the statue of liberty is on the R3 Logo. So I'm guessing, we'll get atleast one stage or clip about New York.

Atrus

Gold Member
The biggest draw for me to the Resistance series is in finding out how Humanity gets out of the current predicament it's in, if only to see if its possible for any 'good' writing to solve this situation instead of the usual sci-fi trope of finding a magical super-weapon that solves everyone's problems or fast-forwarding technological progress. ie. Stargate.

I don't see how there's much hope left in the remnants of Humanity anyway. Just about everyone is killed and converted and it's highly unlikely there will be any more than a few million people left on Earth unless there's some retconning of the severity of the Chimera invasion.

The humans should be low on equipment and supplies since no more is being produced, low on food, and hunted down like vermin.

Now let's see how they get out of that.

Achtius

Atrus said:
The biggest draw for me to the Resistance series is in finding out how Humanity gets out of the current predicament it's in, if only to see if its possible for any 'good' writing to solve this situation instead of the usual sci-fi trope of finding a magical super-weapon that solves everyone's problems or fast-forwarding technological progress. ie. Stargate.

I don't see how there's much hope left in the remnants of Humanity anyway. Just about everyone is killed and converted and it's highly unlikely there will be any more than a few million people left on Earth unless there's some retconning of the severity of the Chimera invasion.

The humans should be low on equipment and supplies since no more is being produced, low on food, and hunted down like vermin.

Now let's see how they get out of that.

and that's where the Prometheus Weapon comes in....

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Irish said:
ATMOSPHERE! R1 had it. R2 lacked it. This teaser has it. Will the game be the same?

ok, one thing. The atmosphere in the trailer is us trying to show the atmosphere we're going for in the game.

all I can say for now, but much to come. very excited about R3.

Click

Banned
jstevenson said:
ok, one thing. The atmosphere in the trailer is us trying to show the atmosphere we're going for in the game.

Tell me it's going to be Left 4 Dead: Resistance Edition.
That's what it looks like to me. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jstevenson said:

:D :D :D

Baki

jstevenson said:

Hold me.

Corto

jstevenson said:

YES! Drop-in/Drop-out co-op campaign confirmed.:D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
jstevenson said:

Co-op and online are great and all, but I need my kick ass sp campaign action. As long as that doesn't get compromised, I'll be a happy customer.
Also, hope the somewhat new studio in NC is really comfortable and has similar work environment to your current studio. One thing I really liked and admired about Insomniac, ND & Sony Santa Monica is their awesome work environment. Seems more open with little hierarchy structure; better and faster communication.

jstevenson said:

Well, it's a hell of a good start, keep us updated!

iceatcs said:
I may have missed somewhere.
Who filming this teaser? it is quite well production.

The trailer was put together by Prologue: http://prologue.com/

They are an amazing studio having recently worked on sequences for Iron Man 2, Sherlock Holmes, and ad campaigns for World Cup 2010 and Left 4 Dead. They also made the Motion Graphics intro to MGS3: Snake Eater :)

Check out their site for reels - they work on a TON of great properties. It was an amazing opportunity to work with them on this trailer.

iceatcs

Team Klimt said:
The trailer was put together by Prologue: http://prologue.com/

They are an amazing studio having recently worked on sequences for Iron Man 2, Sherlock Holmes, and ad campaigns for World Cup 2010 and Left 4 Dead. They also made the Motion Graphics intro to MGS3: Snake Eater :)

Check out their site for reels - they work on a TON of great properties. It was an amazing opportunity to work with them on this trailer.
Oh wow they did ending of Rocknrolla, I love that effect.

Seem high standard studio.

MrPliskin

Banned
The coolest part of the teaser was around 1:10ish when you briefly see a grims leg and hand. So awesome. Love the tone of it all.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:

Ok JS, spill the beans!
Will R3 have guns? Everyone is dying to know!

And no , i dont want to know about HDR and silly rendering techniques! ;)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Will boycott if the "inspiration" for this one is l4d. :lol

Very cool trailer though. I think I'm one of the last resistance 2 defenders around here, even if it doesn't have ssao and hdr.

For the people who say it might be L4D influenced, I sure as fuck hope it ISN'T.

Resistance needs to be Resistance. That was the biggest problem with R2, it tried to be too much like other games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Y2Kev said:

Very cool trailer though. I think I'm one of the last resistance 2 defenders around here, even if it doesn't have ssao and hdr.
No man, were a bunch but we dont post the same thing 20 times in every single thread.

MrPliskin

Banned
The song. In the trailer. What is it!?

NIGHT- said:
I really wish Insomniac would work on something new and let Resistance die.

I wish you would die. :lol

Y2Kev said:

Impossible. I am the biggest defender here. I feel like Hale and the Haters are the Chimera. Unfortunately they'll be the cause of my death (banning).

Fersis said:
Ok JS, spill the beans!
Will R3 have guns? Everyone is dying to know!

And no , i dont want to know about HDR and silly rendering techniques! ;)

All guns have been destroyed.

Everyone fight with vomit-spewing ducks. Squeeze duck to fire.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just registering my utter indifference.

wish they'd start work on Uncvhated 3.

Achtius

Pai Pai Master said:
All guns have been destroyed.

Everyone fight with vomit-spewing ducks. Squeeze duck to fire.

You surely mean this:

1074471-1067383_render_sonic_weapon_eruptor_super.jpg

Corto

MrPliskin said:
The song. In the trailer. What is it!?

I wish you would die. :lol

Impossible. I am the biggest defender here. I feel like Hale and the Haters are the Chimera. Unfortunately they'll be the cause of my death (banning).

Bob Dylan's Masters of War. Not sure if his version though.
edit: I'm in excruciating pain from the beating.

Top Bottom