• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I bought this. Yes. I could play for it for free with this PS+ trial, but I knew from the moment I saw this game, I would actually do one of those cheesy "I want to support this shit!" type of purchases. So, there you go.

<3

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I finally played a round. I have some concerns already...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY FACE IS ON FIRE WITH AWESOME!

I'll continue trying it out I guess. I dunno. Whatever.

joesmokey

Beat the final boss on Veteran in co-op, but it didn't unlock master for single player D:.

Phobos with the final boss is overpowered. Save up your overdrive for the second phase and it decimates him.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't know what the point of throwing humans is.

Edit : Holy shit, the boss on the fourth level just destroyed me.

I never thought this game would pull me in like it did. I went from thinking I'd probably never beat it on experienced to getting the platinum tonight fairly easily minus the damn 15x multiplier trophy. Got it the second try actually aiming for it but damn I wasn't sure how I was actually pulling off not dying or losing my multiplier for the whole second half of Decima after a terrible first try. One of those moments you're shaking after you finally pull it off lol.

Score was low that run because I was just on experienced using the damn Phobos ship for it's trophy. Hits like a ton of bricks but can't hardly evade worth shit. I feel near invincible with Nemesis.

Zoctan

I'm sure this has been asked already but I couldn't find it.

How does one unlock the master difficulty and can it be done in co-op?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Voxels? Really?

I had an inventor about 10 years ago tell me that voxels were going to be THE thing. I nodded my head and laughed. Nothing ever happened. Textures & 3D mapping won out. Or maybe Minecraft is the revolution?

I dunno. Explain it to me.
This is not really using Voxels. It's using tiny 3D cubes that are each rendered using standard textures/3D mapping. It makes for everything in the world be destructible, and not just any kind of destructible, but destructible on like a particle level.

harSon

Banned
Definitely the best game of this type since Geometry Wars. It's pretty much flawless, and addicting as hell to boot.

A lot of the humans in my first couple of goes were getting killed.

How do I know that a human has been released and I need to collect them... seems really unclear how that dynamic works.

Fixed1979

A lot of the humans in my first couple of goes were getting killed.

How do I know that a human has been released and I need to collect them... seems really unclear how that dynamic works.

After you kill the keepers they shoot out a green beam that releases one of the humans, a green arrow also appears right next to your ship pointing you in the direction of freed humans.

sMP1SYl.jpg

Bullets, bullets EVERYWHERE!

Was so close to unlocking that Hero difficulty, I REALLY want to see what it is, the leaderboards are empty for it.

Wow, incredible. You'll be on hero mode soon enough... all by yourself ;)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
And here I am excited that I finished the 1-5 arcade mode on Rookie last night.

You guys must be ridiculously good at this game!

todahawk

This game kicks my ass but I keep coming back for more!

same, just so much damn fun.
fun levels went up a big notch when i started boosting a lot more. hear the 'boost full' tone and pop it again. i love stringing up monster boosts... so good.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't have it, but I totally believe see5harp. No trophies being tied to the harder difficulties probably makes the plat pretty easy overall.

Carry on, nothing to see here (Silver) — Complete all levels on Experienced difficulty
The true RESOGUN starts here… (Gold) — Complete all levels on Veteran difficulty
Masterful dodger of revenge bullets and stuff alike (Silver) — Complete a level on Master difficulty
1CC (Gold) — Complete Arcade mode without losing all lives, on Experienced difficulty

see5harp

Carry on, nothing to see here (Silver) — Complete all levels on Experienced difficulty
The true RESOGUN starts here… (Gold) — Complete all levels on Veteran difficulty
Masterful dodger of revenge bullets and stuff alike (Silver) — Complete a level on Master difficulty
1CC (Gold) — Complete Arcade mode without losing all lives, on Experienced difficulty

Yea but all of those are easy because you can continue. Any experienced SHMUP player, especially someone like Tain, will be one life completing this game on experienced difficulty. I still love the game the same, but it would have been nice to have a few things to really strive towards aside from the leaderboards. I remember going back to Geometry Wars months and years later to try and finish off achievements.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yea but all of those are easy because you can continue. Any experienced SHMUP player, especially someone like Tain, will be one life completing this game on experienced difficulty. I still love the game the same, but it would have been nice to have a few things to really strive towards aside from the leaderboards. I remember going back to Geometry Wars months and years later to try and finish off achievements.

No continues for that one.

XJF

Just Platinum'd this. Hardest one for me was 1CC. Got it on my second try with Phobos. Missed 3 extra lives. Barely skimmed by that last boss

w00zey

Just played a game on lunch. I love that I can play from work but I need to get used to being able to deploy bombs.

Calcium

Banned
I actually managed to get the platinum trophy today. I initially didn't think I could handle 1CC or completing a level on Master difficulty, but I pulled it off. Resogun is so good I'll probably keep playing it just for fun now that I've completed it.

KalBalboa

Banned
Now I'm a fairly good player of Super Stardust Delta & HD, and I absolutely love Resogun thus far... but man do I stink at this game.

I might drop down to rookie tonight and finish the five levels up just once to get a better feel for this. I keep missing cues for when humans are freed- I wish it was easier to notice them. Any advice, ResoGaf?

joesmokey

Now I'm a fairly good player of Super Stardust Delta & HD, and I absolutely love Resogun thus far... but man do I stink at this game.

I might drop down to rookie tonight and finish the five levels up just once to get a better feel for this. I keep missing cues for when humans are freed- I wish it was easier to notice them. Any advice, ResoGaf?
I've found it easiest to look at the UI in the upper-left and look for ones that are blinking green. Those are in progress. Sometimes if the narrator has multiple things to say, she'll miss saying 'Keepers Detected'.

24 million stage 4 run on Veteran. Had a nearly perfect run with a x15 multiplier, then I lost a life on the boss and dropped to x1 :(.

Frodo

So, my friend bought a PS4 out of the nowhere and I'm trying to convince him to buy this game. Interesting enough, searching for videos of the game to send to him is making me want to buy a PS4 only to play it, but I don't think this is going to happen now, but... oh well...

Loved Super Stardust, Resogun will probably be the first game I'll buy when I get a PS4 next year.

SHIT!

Made it all the way to the last level boss without continuing but didn't finish. I had about 16 mil. In fact, even though I did continue 4-5 times I still can't beat the last boss AT ALL
To many tracking missiles.

see5harp

Its just a bit harder then Stardust. Wouldn't say its the same like the other guy. I've got a 100 in both HD and Delta But resources gun is proving to be pretty hard

It is maybe a touch tougher than stardust. It's definitely easier than geo wars 1/2. It would have been nice to have something crazy like a full human rescue with only boost. The 1cc would have been better on veteran.

zulfate

So, my friend bought a PS4 out of the nowhere and I'm trying to convince him to buy this game. Interesting enough, searching for videos of the game to send to him is making me want to buy a PS4 only to play it, but I don't think this is going to happen now, but... oh well...

Loved Super Stardust, Resogun will probably be the first game I'll buy when I get a PS4 next year.

If you will ever play online, it comes free with the subscription for psn+

Top Bottom