• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Loomba

How come as I'm playing I randomly get "Human Lost" and why do they sometimes die within their boxes?

What can I watch out for? It's starting to get annoying.

How come as I'm playing I randomly get "Human Lost" and why do they sometimes die within their boxes?

What can I watch out for? It's starting to get annoying.

I think some of the humans have a multiplier requirement for them to be freed. There's a chart showing the requirements for each human in every level that was posted in here somewhere. You might also be messing up the specific order keepers without realising it.

Here we go:
nNdRkcX.png

I've beaten a few levels on veteran difficulty, and I was looking at the trophy list. It doesn't look too bad, except maybe the 1CC trophy (beat arcade on experienced in one go). Is that the hardest trophy for you guys?

PLATINUMED!
Then polished off a bag of donettes. IT'S CHEAT DAY!
I kinda don't know what to do with myself now. ::sigh:: BF4 isn't all that appealing and I just finished Guacamelee.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I've beaten a few levels on veteran difficulty, and I was looking at the trophy list. It doesn't look too bad, except maybe the 1CC trophy (beat arcade on experienced in one go). Is that the hardest trophy for you guys?

No its quite do-able. Im not amazing at it but I went into the final level with 4 lives and 4 bombs, set yourself up well early on and you will be fine.

The 15x multiplier was harder IMO, you need a perfect run on the first level on veteren to get a 14x multiplier, then finish it on the second level

No its quite do-able. Im not amazing at it but I went into the final level with 4 lives and 4 bombs, set yourself up well early on and you will be fine.

The 15x multiplier was harder IMO, you need a perfect run on the first level on veteren to get a 14x multiplier, then finish it on the second level

15x is not that bad if you start on decima and go into the final boss with a multiplier of at least 10. You should hit 15x or start the next level at 14x easily.

NeoROCK

PLATINUMED!
Then polished off a bag of donettes. IT'S CHEAT DAY!
I kinda don't know what to do with myself now. ::sigh:: BF4 isn't all that appealing and I just finished Guacamelee.

congrats! I'm gonna try to get it today.

HOUSEMARQUE has been a rockstar for Sony.

SuperStardust HD and Dead Nation were 2 of the highest rated games on PSN.

They allowed Sony to give both of them away for Free during the "Welcome Back" period after PSN was hacked a couple years ago.

Now Resogun is "the star of the PS4 launch" and has received more critical acclaim than both Knack and Killzone. And it's Free on PS+ which is a big incentive for people signing up to PS+.

Just wondering what do you guys think Housemarque will do next? Resogun DLC is a given, and that's where they will make their real money off this game.

Dead Nation 2? ResoStardust? New IP? Sony buyout?

congrats! I'm gonna try to get it today.

HOUSEMARQUE has been a rockstar for Sony.

SuperStardust HD and Dead Nation were 2 of the highest rated games on PSN.

They allowed Sony to give both of them away for Free during the "Welcome Back" period after PSN was hacked a couple years ago.

Now Resogun is "the star of the PS4 launch" and has received more critical acclaim than both Knack and Killzone. And it's Free on PS+ which is a big incentive for people signing up to PS+.

Just wondering what do you guys think Housemarque will do next? Resogun DLC is a given, and that's where they will make their real money off this game.

Dead Nation 2? ResoStardust? New IP? Sony buyout?

Thanks! Sorry for missing you last night. NOFX tickets called my name.

I think we'll get Dead Nation 2. At least I hope that is what this video is hinting at.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really not that great at the game either and I got the 15x trophy the first time I tried Veteran (and got it on the first level). I think it was beginner's luck though, b/c I rarely do that well now haha

Or you could play it on master and get to 15 before you even get to the boss.

Marc

Anyone want to coop to get the experienced play through trophy? ErebusMC is my PSN ID.

Keep getting guys who die really early in levels or guys who quit half way through.

Rur0ni

One trophy away from platinum. Need that full arcade on experienced run without losing all lives. I've gotten 4/5 so far.

Will be the first game I've platinum'd.

fixuis

Just started playing this game and my god it is gaming crack cocaine! Sooooo good. The gfx are fantastic not to mention really smooth gameplay. Loving the hell out of this game.

NeoROCK

The sound on this game is the best since Super Stardust, no-one makes my subwoofer rattle like Housemarque. My GF can be on the other side of the house and be all "wtf was that?! A fucking truck hit the house?"
No just the boss rolling up for a fight.

The music is the perfect mix of new and old skool too, never gets old. And love the human voices, I live for "nice timing", but man does "multiplier lost" hurt.

yup. Surround Sound with this game is just incredible.

and I got my first Platinum today :)

Slowly but surely am getting closer to the Platinum trophy. Got the "Rescue All Humans" trophy and the one for completing the game with Nemesis. Just a few more to go, included the dreaded 1CC trophy!

Cyberia

Interesting comments:

- Max 20 people worked on the game. The rest of the studio (around 30 people) are working on other projects (one of them is the Dead Nation sequel which they teased back in september)
- They worked for two years on Resogun
- More DLC is underway. They have great ideas but nothing to share for now.
- 2013 was a great year for Housemarque but next year will be even better. ''More awesomeness''

Adamm

Is there any advice on getting co-op games on this?

I find myself sitting waiting for ages and getting no one :(

Should I go for arcade or single levels?

qzsdO4El.jpg

Finally! Took me several tries to save all the humans on Mefitis.

I must've played that level over 100 times. That boss fight is intense.

It certainly is, and it took some time to learn how to save the humans, as there were varied requirements.

The first time trying to go for that trophy (previous times were just to clear the stage and I didn't actively aim to save all humans), I got saved all the humans.

i played on baby mode =

Nozem

Questions:

* What is the best ship for setting high scores on harder levels? I love the homing missiles from the Nemesis, but the thing is useless in bossfights. Also having a shitty overdrive sucks.

* What is the best strategy for high scores? I still want to save all the humans, but that more often than not bites me in the ass. I feel it's better to ignore the humans and just focus on keeping the multiplier up and not dying.

Bumhead

Banned
Got the Platinum last night.

I thought some of the trophy's looked a bit stupid - the boost ones etc - but in the end I actually felt like they were pretty clever and almost educational. Doing the boost trophies actually taught me a few things about how to properly used boost as an offensive tool and not just a defensive one, and I don't think I could have completed the game on Veteran without that. It's a very subtle thing - one that I somehow missed despite the countless hours I spent with the game before doing that trophy - but it changes the complexion of the game pretty significantly.

Cubed

You guys annoy me.

Platinum?!

I can't fathom doing that with this game with trophies like "save every human on every level" and play through an entire arcade run on Experienced difficulty without losing all lives.

Can't do it. Won't do it.

I'd rather re-earn a Platinum on all 16 games that I've Platinum'd before than go for this one.

Varth

Not really on normal, after playing for so long on hard and master. Missed it for a split second yesterday. The explosion for my last death killed the boss, but no trophy.

Questions:

* What is the best ship for setting high scores on harder levels? I love the homing missiles from the Nemesis, but the thing is useless in bossfights. Also having a shitty overdrive sucks.

* What is the best strategy for high scores? I still want to save all the humans, but that more often than not bites me in the ass. I feel it's better to ignore the humans and just focus on keeping the multiplier up and not dying.

Definitely the slower shotgun-like ship is the way to go for high score. So much, honestly, that I wish the other two were better balanced.

Best strategy is aletrnating between keeping multi up (shoot only what you NEED) and getting points and sparks for hyperdrive (shoot bunches of enemies instead of single ones). Keep doing this until you come up to THE SPECIFIC POINTS where you have to shoot hyper, and let all hell loose.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that roars Rambo-style when unleashing HD on a screenful of shit?

Let go of humans only if you REALLY have to choose between safety and rescuing. Later on they give you a hefty bonus, and having one around is precious for a last resort when you killed too many enemies in a row and have nothing to keep multi up.

Replicant

Can someone please tell me how I can easily beat the boss on Mefitis on Experienced? The fucking thing goes crazy with projectiles after his life is halved!

Manax

Got it the first time I played co-op extra lives and twice the firing power seemed to help. (It was the first time I played the game with the aim of beating it too)

Nozem

Can someone please tell me how I can easily beat the boss on Mefitis on Experienced? The fucking thing goes crazy with projectiles after his life is halved!

That's the snake like boss right? I think you mean the part where he stands still and fires a million bullets. It's actually very easy.

Just keep boosting right through him, left to right, and then right to left, short boosts. Also move up on one side and down on the other to dodge the bullets (and recharge boost). So you should be moving in a big circle right through the boss.

Number45

You guys annoy me.

Platinum?!

I can't fathom doing that with this game with trophies like "save every human on every level" and play through an entire arcade run on Experienced difficulty without losing all lives.

I'd rather re-earn a Platinum on all 16 games that I've Platinum'd before than go for this one.
It's surprisingly easy - you can even co-op the 1cc run.

Steroyd

That's shockingly easy, when it starts snaking and shooting from both ends you can do boost towards it and do this.

Forgive my painting skillz in advance.

lAMT1T6.jpg

fixuis

Why do the humans die in the box? Accidental shooting? Or is it the same reason they die all of a sudden outside? What's the reason? What's the use of the throw human button?

WJD

Why do the humans die in the box? Accidental shooting? Or is it the same reason they die all of a sudden outside? What's the reason? What's the use of the throw human button?

Multiplier too low or you shot some keepers in the wrong order.

Melchiah

The first time trying to go for that trophy (previous times were just to clear the stage and I didn't actively aim to save all humans), I got saved all the humans.

i played on baby mode =

Baby mode here as well. I haven't even been able to finish the arcade mode on the experienced level.

I struggled until I worked out the right order for the tagged keepers and learned to stop shooting until I'd identified where they were! Lol

Yeah, I googled the requirements for Mefitis, as I had always blasted the last keepers with the bomb, and I didn't know some of the earlier ones needed a certain multiplier.

You guys annoy me.

Platinum?!

Saving all humans on every level wasn't that hard in the end, but the platinum trophy is definitely out of my reach, as it involves playing on the harder difficulty levels.

Baby mode here as well. I haven't even been able to finish the arcade mode on the experienced level.

Yeah, I googled the requirements for Mefitis, as I had always blasted the last keepers with the bomb, and I didn't know some of the earlier ones needed a certain multiplier.

Saving all humans on every level wasn't that hard in the end, but the platinum trophy is definitely out of my reach, as it involves playing on the harder difficulty levels.

Yeah I'm just at the complete the higher levels stage now, got all the others like kill 50 in a boost and get to boss using just boost.

Top Bottom