• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

methane47

I just played co-op where my partner continuously took all the extra lives. except for exactly one. and he kept on dieing... losing all his lives and making me kill the boss on my own. Up until the forth stage.

Guy manages to go into Mefitis with 0 Lives. and died right at the beginning.
I made it to the final boss with 1 life.... and choked on the last phase of the boss because of a boost failure....

FK MY LIFE.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I tried this with the simulated 3D function of my TV. Fucking madness, especially with the stuff little cubes flying everywhere (are those the voxels?).

The 3D update will be eye bleedingly good.

Krisprolls

Banned
Dare I say.... This is the most next-gen game out right now.

1080p60fps. Destruction and physics at a truly next-gen level.

Agreed. Pure awesomeness. I feel like I'm 12 again playing at the pub on an arcade machine, just with next gen 1080p / 60 fps graphics. Insert coins.

Nibel

Played it a lot yesterday and will return to it after the gym

Easily the best PS4 title, didn't play BF4 and FIFA yet but I'm pretty sure what to expect

Okay, which is it then? The description doesn't say it needs to be in one run but it would make more sense if it was

You need to clear each level to get a saved all the humans, BUT you don't have to do all 5 levels in a row for the Humanist trophy, you can get them in any order, the moment you get your final Saved all humans on *insert planet* you get your Humanist one.

Cool. Thanks for the help. Is there a trick for saving two humans in one second cause I can't see how to do it.

do it in one of the earlier levels on easy, there are a couple moments when two sets of keepers or multiplier human are available almost at the same time. Throw human button is your friend to juggle them :D

curb

Banned
Played it a lot yesterday and will return to it after the gym

Easily the best PS4 title, didn't play BF4 and FIFA yet but I'm pretty sure what to expect

I go back and forth between this and AC4. I've got a friend that keeps beating my high scores so that keeps pulling me away from sailing the high seas.

so i need help getting that 1CC trophy cause i'm always stuck with newbies or people who just quit after a couple of levels. pm me if you wish to help me and ill give you my psn id

do it in one of the earlier levels on easy, there are a couple moments when two sets of keepers or multiplier human are available almost at the same time. Throw human button is your friend to juggle them :D

When I did it I was carrying one and shot one up to the extraction point so you rescue the one you are carrying and shoot one in within a second.

I'll give it a go thanks. Luckily I got the kill 50 enemies in one boost while going for the get to the boss without shooting trophy.

I can't remember the last time a game had me this hooked on trophies

Novocaine

I tried this with the simulated 3D function of my TV. Fucking madness, especially with the stuff little cubes flying everywhere (are those the voxels?).

The 3D update will be eye bleedingly good.

Oh man I didn't know there was a 3D update coming, that will be sick.

Agreed. But how would it work? Splitscreen?

Could be done the same as they did SSDHD with the option of split screen, same screen (following P1) and that wierd 3D thing that gives both people full screen view that doesn't work properly with my TV :(

Cool. Thanks for the help. Is there a trick for saving two humans in one second cause I can't see how to do it.

It's actually really easy. Just do it on the first level since none of the humans can fall off the map. Save one and drop it right underneath the thing that saves them. Then wait to get another one, save it then pick up the one you left underneath and save that one. Worked for me. If that takes too long for some reason then do the same thing but right before you save the first human shoot the one standing on the ground to pop him up save the first one and then grab the second and save it

Finally did it. The 1CC trophy was a pain. I did it solo and kept losing all my lives on the last stage but finally was able to get 5 lives going in to it so I had it on lock

I love this game. It's only my second plat since I've owned a PS system in 7 years (first was Ratchet ACiT).

Its the perfect blend of challenge, strategy and reflexes. Looks really nice to boot.

Like geometry wars/ SSHD its one of those games that make you go into a zen like state while playing on harder difficulties and you become one with it lol.

My only minor complaints about it is the setting and music. All levels look the same and the industrial look of it is a bit bland and dull as it never changes. It doesn't affect the gameplay by any means. Also the music I didn't really notice or care for. The music in SSHD on the other hand was much better. The themes were catchy and melodic and suited the action perfectly.

methane47

Got my PLAT!!

the one thing i wish i would have known was that you cant unlock master difficulty in online co-op

Oh and phobos is great on the final boss lol..
Just over drive and you can basically skip a boss phase because you do so much dmg..

Kssio_Aug

I already did the ones of finish it on experienced and veteran. I believe harder than those, just the 1CC. But thay seems to me a pain in the ass! T-T
Will try it in coop!

Keihart

I love this game. It's only my second plat since I've owned a PS system in 7 years (first was Ratchet ACiT).

Its the perfect blend of challenge, strategy and reflexes. Looks really nice to boot.

Like geometry wars/ SSHD its one of those games that make you go into a zen like state while playing on harder difficulties and you become one with it lol.

My only minor complaints about it is the setting and music. All levels look the same and the industrial look of it is a bit bland and dull as it never changes. It doesn't affect the gameplay by any means. Also the music I didn't really notice or care for. The music in SSHD on the other hand was much better. The themes were catchy and melodic and suited the action perfectly.
Although i really like SSDHD , the music in Resogun i find so much better, it reminds me a lot of Gradius, it really gets me pumped, Mefitis theme it's soo good.
I would love if they made a sidescrolling spaceship shooter, with stages and bosses and all of that, it would be glourious, this is kinda halfway there so yeah , awesome.

How can I know [some UI clue/audio clue] that I have boost ready for deployment?

There is an audio cue. It's a somewhat high pitch sound that rises in pitch if that makes sense. When the blue half circle above your ship fills up and that sound plays that means boost is ready to go

Had a fun, short session of co-op with wapplew.

Was my first co-op, and man, did my eyes hurt from all the bullet hell.

Still needed a fair bit of practice though. My muscle memory still reacts to self-suicide of moving into spaces where enemies are teleporting in.

wapplew

I need some help on master difficulty level 2 boss fight.
I use Phobos but phase 2 is too hard, his speed is insane with both inferno top and bottom, what should I do?

ReaperXL7

Game is fuckin awesome. Housemarque is easily one of my favorite devs, but damn can this game kick my ass. The most confusing aspect to me is when im blasting through a level, saving humans, and then two human symbols will light up I kill the guardians but then one human lives, and one always dies before the cage opens.

I keep thinking that the cannon things on the ground are a second set of keepers, but I dont know. As much as I would love to I know I dont have the reflexes to platinum this game.

morlock

Sometimes you need to shoot the keepers in order otherwise youll loose a human.

Got platinum on this game, love it! Trying to climb the leaderboard but it seems like an impossible task considering the top has 600+ millions... My 53 million score doesnt go far..

Novocaine

Had a great session of Resogun this morning, played from a fully charged controller to almost flat. Really close to a plat trophy (would be my first). Just need a 15x multiplier, the complete on 1 credit trophies, and a couple of save all the human ones.

Also Master difficulty is craaaaaaaaaaazy.

Smokey

FUCK THE LAST BOSS ON VETERAN

goddamn

I got that bitch down to less than 1/4 life. Bobbin and a weaving through bullets. No bombs, no lives. Last sliver of life yet and I get hit. Rage follows with a bunch of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Was never able to recover from that.

I figure if I can get through the level with at least 1 life and 1 bomb I'm good but something always happens along the way :(

Kssio_Aug

I tried Veteran with Phobos, and did it until the Last Boss fight. However, Phobos is really slow to evade the boss attacks.... am thinking about trying the last level in Veteran with Nemesis.

Wich spaceship you players prefer to play arcade? Wich one is the best to try to get 1CC?

Thanks in advance!

Novocaine

Got my plat yesterday, now to try and finish veteran/master on a single credit and get some mad high scores.

FUCK THE LAST BOSS ON VETERAN

goddamn

I got that bitch down to less than 1/4 life. Bobbin and a weaving through bullets. No bombs, no lives. Last sliver of life yet and I get hit. Rage follows with a bunch of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Was never able to recover from that.

I figure if I can get through the level with at least 1 life and 1 bomb I'm good but something always happens along the way :(

You can sort of cheese the bullet hell part of that fight,
there's a small gap you can dash into underneath him that's always clear of bullets. You have to keep your dash free to get back in when he moves away though.
Not sure if it works on master difficulty yet but it's worked on all of the other difficulties.

I tried Veteran with Phobos, and did it until the Last Boss fight. However, Phobos is really slow to evade the boss attacks.... am thinking about trying the last level in Veteran with Nemesis.

Wich spaceship you players prefer to play arcade? Wich one is the best to try to get 1CC?

Thanks in advance!

Nemesis seemed the easiest to use for me, that boost is so strong, plus homing missiles. I used it to beat all of the challenges. With that said though Ferox is the one I have the most fun with.

turnbuckle

Can anyone tell me how to get a bonus score? Saved all humans, used no bombs, didn't die, didn't lose multiple, but at the end of the level at the bottom it says "bonus score 6 x 0".

Smokey

Got my plat yesterday, now to try and finish veteran/master on a single credit and get some mad high scores.

You can sort of cheese the bullet hell part of that fight,
there's a small gap you can dash into underneath him that's always clear of bullets. You have to keep your dash free to get back in when he moves away though.
Not sure if it works on master difficulty yet but it's worked on all of the other difficulties.

Nemesis seemed the easiest to use for me, that boost is so strong, plus homing missiles. I used it to beat all of the challenges. With that said though Ferox is the one I have the most fun with.

Thanks. Got my platinum today before reading this :)

I got all of my trophies solo. I found Nemesis to be the best ship to use. It's quick, has fast recharge on boost, and has the homing attacks.

Rodelero

The difficulty of the three ships is certainly Nemesis < Ferox < Phobos - but this is surely in line with the potential for high scores as well.

Slowly working myself up into the top tiers on some veteran leaderboards. I feel like I keep learning new tricks and strategies. I adore the depth that is worked into the game mechanics. Getting through a level on veteran has long been a certainty for me - but getting through it while doing all the things I have to do to succeed. Strategy is as important as twitch skill for certain.

Top Bottom