• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Replicant

Anyone has tips for Multiplier x 15 trophy? It's the last hard trophy I have to earn. I've tried doing it in Decima on Veteran and at times it works...until I die around 2nd to 3rd phase.

Anyone has tips for Multiplier x 15 trophy? It's the last hard trophy I have to earn. I've tried doing it in Decima on Veteran and at times it works...until I die around 2nd to 3rd phase.

I just started at the first level on veteran using Phobos. Just try to stay alive pretty much. Keep using your boost to escape.Don't focus on humans if it is risky. Use your bombs and overdrive if you think you are going to die. It just takes a solid run

Also if you are going to lose your multiplier either boost towards enemies far away or use a bomb.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought this game would be my geometry wars replacement... but turns out I don't really enjoy it quite as much.

There's a lot more to think about than just reflexes, I don't really understand the human stuff, and it seems like there's something annoying happening with one (or more) of them all the time, and always far away from wherever I am atm. Seems like you have to memorize the flow of each level to keep yourself in the best position, instead of just feeling it, as you do with GW.

It's a pretty cool game, but it's not really clicking with me. I prefer pure reflexes/coordination to memorization. Last time I memorized a game was Ninja Gaiden on NES, every level I had to remember when those fucking hawks were coming.

Resogun feels a bit like Ninja Gaiden HAWKS: The Game.

Novocaine

I just started at the first level on veteran using Phobos. Just try to stay alive pretty much. Keep using your boost to escape.Don't focus on humans if it is risky. Use your bombs and overdrive if you think you are going to die. It just takes a solid run

Also if you are going to lose your multiplier either boost towards enemies far away or use a bomb.

Yep, I got mine on the first level too. Used Nemesis though for the extra boosts. I ended the first level with something like a 14.60 multiplier so I just continued onto the next level and got it within a minute or two. It was actually a lot easier than I expected it to be.

Replicant

I actually did it on Decima on Veteran, using Nemesis. OMG, I can't believe I did it! It was a flawless execution and I didn't get 15x multiplier until the boss throws those boxes clones. I managed to record the entire thing too!

Well, that's pretty much the end of trophy chasing for Resogun. I plat'd the game. So happy. I didn't think I could plat a shmup title like this and to be honest, at the start of the game, I thought this is way out of my ability/comfort zone.

I'm such a dumbass on this game, but how do you release those humans? I randomly releasing them and sometimes they just died on their cage.
KuGsj.gif

haven't finished the last level though.

Melchiah

Just tried the online co-op for the first time, and managed to get the "Carry on, nothing to see here" trophy that way. Surprisingly you don't have to survive all the levels, as long as the other player does. When I was down, I witnessed a weird glitch, where the humans couldn't be grabbed at all. The other player tried to juggle them with the lasers, but it didn't really work that well during the onslaught.

turnbuckle

Just tried the online co-op for the first time, and managed to get the "Carry on, nothing to see here" trophy that way. Surprisingly you don't have to survive all the levels, as long as the other player does. When I was down, I witnessed a weird glitch, where the humans couldn't be grabbed at all. The other player tried to juggle them with the lasers, but it didn't really work that well during the onslaught.

I ran into a similar glitch while playing online with my brother. He died and I tried to catch the human that fell from him. It didn't work though, and instead the game made that sound effect as if you're trying to pick up a human while already carrying one. I figured maybe you couldn't catch a human off a dead player.

But then I couldn't pick up any other humans for the rest of the level, either. I definitely didn't have a human attached to me already or anything. Only saw this happen the one time though and haven't been able to replicate it.

I can now join the Platinum club!

By the skin of my teeth I just got that 15x multiplier and earlier today managed the 1CC trophy. Hard as nails but feels so good to see it at 100%.

Melchiah

I ran into a similar glitch while playing online with my brother. He died and I tried to catch the human that fell from him. It didn't work though, and instead the game made that sound effect as if you're trying to pick up a human while already carrying one. I figured maybe you couldn't catch a human off a dead player.

But then I couldn't pick up any other humans for the rest of the level, either. I definitely didn't have a human attached to me already or anything. Only saw this happen the one time though and haven't been able to replicate it.

Yeah, the glitch stayed until the end of the level, and was gone in the next.

I was surprised some of the bosses had additional forms in the experienced mode, is there more additions in the harder settings?

mstevens

Wow, this game is so fun. I was already having a great time on my own, but my friend and I did some co-op tonight and it was a blast!

Quick question.. is there a way to make mics work in co-op resogun? We're both console mic noobs so we weren't sure. We had our mic/mono-headphone combo that came with the ps4 plugged into our controllers...

Edit: Another question.. are there more enemies in a level in co-op?

Quick question.. is there a way to make mics work in co-op resogun? We're both console mic noobs so we weren't sure. We had our mic/mono-headphone combo that came with the ps4 plugged into our controllers...

Edit: Another question.. are there more enemies in a level in co-op?

Just make a Partychat room on PS4? Individual games might have general chat but making a room with your friend on the PS4 system level makes you able to talk through all games.

No more enemies, co-op makes the game easier (or harder depending on your ability to distinguish your friend from enemies)

mstevens

Just make a Partychat room on PS4? Individual games might have general chat but making a room with your friend on the PS4 system level makes you able to talk through all games.

No more enemies, co-op makes the game easier (or harder depending on your ability to distinguish your friend from enemies)

Thanks for the answers!

mstevens

To unlock master, do you have to beat Veteran in one sitting? Or can I just play individual levels till I get them all? (I do know it has to be solo)

Kssio_Aug

Nemesis seemed the easiest to use for me, that boost is so strong, plus homing missiles. I used it to beat all of the challenges. With that said though Ferox is the one I have the most fun with.

Thanks! I've seen your post just now!
And yeah, I could finish the last level with Nemesis!! =)
Now I'm to try 1CC trophy. But I am entertrained into AC IV right now! lol

I had never gotten to Level 3 on Arcade Experienced 1 life before, and I made it up to the boss and died on a stupid mistake... as Nemesis.. Ugh.

Kssio_Aug

I had never gotten to Level 3 on Arcade Experienced 1 life before, and I made it up to the boss and died on a stupid mistake... as Nemesis.. Ugh.

It can take a while to get pratice. But I would advise to keep your eyes on enemies shots or anything that is coming to your way, and at the bars around your ship that tell you how much energy you have to overdrive and to boost, so you can use them at the right opportunity.

Also, each boss have its weaknessess, playing it a lot made me find some:
-The 1st boss I got no secrets. Just shoot at it and keep distance from his attacks, and when you enter inside the enemy ship just take care with the "walls" and the lasers. Pretty obvious and easily done (except in Master that the ship from inside is constantly rotating).
-The 2nd boss in Experienced is also easy to escape from his shots. But in veteran he can be a lot more dangerous, and then I like to get reeally near his weak points and shoot it constantly following his rotation... this way, if done right no shots can hit you. When the point get destroyed boost away and come back, when its safe, to the next point. When he change its form, justrun away until he shows up the green light and shoot it as much as possible.
-The 3rd boss is basically just keep running away and shooting behind. Being prepared to use the boost when he boost in your way.
-The 4th boss also is an easy one. Just dont let the minor cubes accmulate too much, destroy them and advance at the mains cube when you feel safer, taking care with shots. The boost can also be a big help to make your way near him, and to escpe away when starts to become dangerous.
-Finally, the 5th one. When he shows up, just run away and keep shooting at him, and use the boost when he starts to get near you. Then he will change its form and try to attack you creating walls all over the scenario; keep flying away and when he creates a wall in front of you boost your way over it, keep shoopting until he changes its form again. At his third attempt he will boost in your direction with those black/red holes, just keep a safe distance using boost when you see that signal coming ahead of you. For its final attempt he will be shooting A LOT in all directions and keep running at you, so its extremely dangerous speceilaly in higher difficulties... but existis a safe place, if you boost to the middle of his boddy you can see that he do kind of a "wave" movement, you can enter in the vacum created and there you will be safe from his shots and can keep shooting everytinhg at him (use the boost when you get off the vacum to enter it again every time its needed).

Also keep in mind the each human give you something specific, and it never changes, that specific human will ALWAYS give you the same bonus (points, life, bomb or shield). And usually (with exceptions) the last 4 humans are the most important to save, because they will give you lives and bombs. So always try to save the last ones, at any level.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I've owned a PS3 since launch, and my first platinum is from this game. Loved that the trophies where a lot of fun to get and while some took quite some time i never felt like this would be to time consuming or a boring grind.

This game really is the prime example of how to do trophies. Can't wait for the hopefully soon coming DLC.

Grinchy

Banned
I've owned a PS3 since launch, and my first platinum is from this game. Loved that the trophies where a lot of fun to get and while some took quite some time i never felt like this would be to time consuming or a boring grind.

This game really is the prime example of how to do trophies. Can't wait for the hopefully soon coming DLC.

I do love the way they did the trophies in this game, but I wish they had like an "advanced" list or something that didn't count toward the plat. Things like getting 500 million or opening Hero mode or something would really extend the longevity for trophy whores while not alienating people who would never be able to do those things.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I do love the way they did the trophies in this game, but I wish they had like an "advanced" list or something that didn't count toward the plat. Things like getting 500 million or opening Hero mode or something would really extend the longevity for trophy whores while not alienating people who would never be able to do those things.

Don't know, thats what the Leaderboard is for. I think that way to many trophies are for the 0,5% of hardcore players, why not make them so its fun for the rest of the gamers.

But thats OT.

Grinchy

Banned
Don't know, thats what the Leaderboard is for. I think that way to many trophies are for the 0,5% of hardcore players, why not make them so its fun for the rest of the gamers.

But thats OT.

That's why I said make it a separate list that doesn't count toward the platinum. It would still have the same fun plat that it already has but some extra trophies thrown in for more advanced players. It would just be fun for trophy whores to go after Hero mode and some other challenges that way. Not that it isn't fun already, but trophy whores are trophy whores haha

mstevens

This game keeps getting better the more you play it. I'm usually not a big fan of DLC, but I would gladly pay for some more ships and levels.

wizzbang

Banned
Is there like a full tips and tricks article on this game?
I'm playing in the easiest mode and I'm still doing .... ok at best.

Mission 3 is whipping my ass for a start and some of the "rules" on the humans is weird.
I think I only just learnt tonight, some of the keepers have to be killed in a particular order?

but also, seems on a couple of maps, at least 1 of the humans doesn't require keepers, you just need to kill the right bunch of enemies at the right time or something? It makes the "extra life" kind of beep beep doo thing and just fires off a bolt to free one? - but I don't know what the trigger is.

Also - overdrive, I barely use it. I think I should more right?
Is it unlimited as long as you have enough green orbs? Are you invunerable in overdrive mode?

Mission 3 is whipping my ass for a start and some of the "rules" on the humans is weird.
I think I only just learnt tonight, some of the keepers have to be killed in a particular order?

but also, seems on a couple of maps, at least 1 of the humans doesn't require keepers, you just need to kill the right bunch of enemies at the right time or something? It makes the "extra life" kind of beep beep doo thing and just fires off a bolt to free one? - but I don't know what the trigger is.

Releasing humans have different requirements, this chart is usually referred to (taken from earlier posts in thread):

http://i.imgur.com/nNdRkcX.png

So yes, some have to be killed in a particular order (there will be a red crosshair over the one you need to kill, have to be careful not to let a stray shot hit the wrong keeper), while other ones have a particular multiplier requirement. I think those might be the ones you are referring to in the latter part of your post?

Melchiah

Ok, I think I'm done with the Resogun trophies. The 15x multiplier is just too annoying to get. I have nothing against the veteran difficulty level per se, but they shouldn't have diminished the time when the multiplier is lost. It just becomes a juggle of not killing small enemy groups too fast, and trying to keep the boost charged to move to the next group. Too bad, if you already had to deplete it to save yourself from an armada of them. Repeating that formula, multiplier going zero at 14.84x, and starting again from the very beginning isn't my idea of fun. It feels like you're being punished for killing them too quickly.

wizzbang

Banned
Releasing humans have different requirements, this chart is usually referred to (taken from earlier posts in thread):

http://i.imgur.com/nNdRkcX.png

So yes, some have to be killed in a particular order (there will be a red crosshair over the one you need to kill, have to be careful not to let a stray shot hit the wrong keeper), while other ones have a particular multiplier requirement. I think those might be the ones you are referring to in the latter part of your post?

Ok well I thought it was the green one I'm meant to kill (and it seems to work that way?)
Also several humans are broken free even if I haven't killed any keepers in a while - like just before the end of a phase?

mstevens

Ok, I think I'm done with the Resogun trophies. The 15x multiplier is just too annoying to get. I have nothing against the veteran difficulty level per se, but they shouldn't have diminished the time when the multiplier is lost. It just becomes a juggle of not killing small enemy groups too fast, and trying to keep the boost charged to move to the next group. Too bad, if you already had to deplete it to save yourself from an armada of them. Repeating that formula, multiplier going zero at 14.84x, and starting again from the very beginning isn't my idea of fun. It feels like you're being punished for killing them too quickly.

One way to make this less stressful is to do level 3 on veteran. The boss freezes the multiplier from going down, so if you can get to the boss with 9-10x you can take your time and kill all his silver blocks and get to 15x.

Novocaine

They made the multiplier something you have to pay attention to rather than a side effect of playing the game, I think that's a good thing myself.

Ok well I thought it was the green one I'm meant to kill (and it seems to work that way?)
Also several humans are broken free even if I haven't killed any keepers in a while - like just before the end of a phase?

Some of them release at certain points in a level and depending on your multiplier they may live or die. You never have to have anything too crazy to release them though, there's none that require over 5x

Melchiah

One way to make this less stressful is to do level 3 on veteran. The boss freezes the multiplier from going down, so if you can get to the boss with 9-10x you can take your time and kill all his silver blocks and get to 15x.

I tried that, but it's very hard to reach the boss with ~10x multiplier. I found the first level to be easier, as you can reach 15x before the level ends, unless you screw up of course. I had 14.84x when the 1st level ended, but as the 2nd had too few enemies at the start, I lost the fucking multiplier. I might try the level 3 again, but my patience is growing thin for this particular trophy.

EDIT:
They made the multiplier something you have to pay attention to rather than a side effect of playing the game, I think that's a good thing myself.

I think it worked fine as it was on the lower levels, the time didn't need to be cut so severely for veteran.

Grinchy

Banned
The last time I had to Initialize my PS4, I uploaded all my save files to the cloud. I found out tonight that despite having my Resogun file downloaded, the save file isn't working properly. All my high scores are saved since that's server-side, but it will no longer let me play Master difficulty. The save file even has a date 3 days after I got my platinum trophy, so it's not even possible that it's an old save.

That's pretty annoying.

mstevens

Anyone willing to help me beat any of the master levels? It's the last thing I need. I'm going to be on for the next hour or so. I beat veteran co-op so I can't go into the level myself.

Novocaine

Anyone willing to help me beat any of the master levels? It's the last thing I need. I'm going to be on for the next hour or so. I beat veteran co-op so I can't go into the level myself.

Sent you a friend req. I haven't tried the co-op yet though but I have master unlocked.

mstevens

No prob! I gotta go in about 30 minutes, so go ahead and start up a master co-op game and invite me, or we can do this later.

R-User!

Reaching boss using only Boost means just that, right? Because I played on rookie for about 15 minutes on the first level, get to boss, boost off a section of him, boost off second section but accidentally boost into boss and boost runs out and I did touching boss. No trophy. :/

Anything I need to specifically do to make this trophy unlock?

Quoting for answers on new page...

Didnt know you could get 1CC in coop, did just that, couple easy trophies left for platinum, oh the trophies where I have to finish the game with each individual ships, do I have to replay all boards or can I finish the last only?

Top Bottom