• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

R-User!

Reaching boss using only Boost means just that, right? Because I played on rookie for about 15 minutes on the first level, get to boss, boost off a section of him, boost off second section but accidentally boost into boss and boost runs out and I died touching the boss. No trophy. :/

Anything I need to specifically do to make this trophy unlock?

Quoting for answers on new page...

mstevens

It should unlock once the boss spawns. You can use your guns once the boss spawns. Next time you get to the boss (if it doesn't unlock right away) kill the boss like normal to see if it'll pop during the score page.

Melchiah

It should unlock once the boss spawns. You can use your guns once the boss spawns. Next time you get to the boss (if it doesn't unlock right away) kill the boss like normal to see if it'll pop during the score page.

Yep. That's how the trophy unlocked for me yesterday.

R-User!

Almost positive the trophy popped when the boss spawned on that one. You can't use OD or bombs.

Yeah, figured "boost only" meant nothing else at all. I'll try again and see about beating the boss normally. I probably inadvertently shot something somehow.

Did you guys unlock that one on Rookie difficulty or higher? What stage?

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, figured "boost only" meant nothing else at all. I'll try again and see about beating the boss normally. I probably inadvertently shot something somehow.

Did you guys unlock that one on Rookie difficulty or higher? What stage?

I used Rookie difficulty and the first stage. The trophy popped for me when the boss came, not after the level. You should not have to even fight the boss to get the trophy.

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this game. Watching the videos about it made me think that I had no chance since I'm old and have shitty reflexes, however it does a great job of easing you into it. I'm also surprised to find that with everything going on (and there is a lot), I can still follow the action.

Right now I'm stuck completing the last level on master, so I'm taking a break and working on achievements. I got real close to getting 1CC on my own, but I'll probably break down and do co-op. I'm also trying to get the beat the game with X ship. Does this have to be on any specific difficulty? The difference in the way you have to play the game with Nemesis vs Phobos is crazy. I keep forgetting that I have OD with Phobos.

Melchiah

Finally got the Veteran and Master trophies, and in the process was very close of getting the 15x trophy as well. Tried to get the 1CC trophy, but two players in a row quitted the game after the first level. Unfortunately, none of my friends are playing the game. So, if anyone's up for it, feel free to add me; Kraft.

EDIT: Please state your GAF username if you send a request, as due to the generic ID I get quite a lot of them from unknown people.

EDIT.2: Nevermind, got the 1CC trophy by myself. Now only the 15x stands in the way of my first platinum. Almost got it on Acis at master difficulty. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Garryk

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this game. Watching the videos about it made me think that I had no chance since I'm old and have shitty reflexes, however it does a great job of easing you into it. I'm also surprised to find that with everything going on (and there is a lot), I can still follow the action.

Right now I'm stuck completing the last level on master, so I'm taking a break and working on achievements. I got real close to getting 1CC on my own, but I'll probably break down and do co-op. I'm also trying to get the beat the game with X ship. Does this have to be on any specific difficulty? The difference in the way you have to play the game with Nemesis vs Phobos is crazy. I keep forgetting that I have OD with Phobos.

You can do it on rookie. You just have to do it one playthrough, i.e. start Arcade on Acis and then proceed through all the levels.

Melchiah

Yeah, my first platinum! Got the last 15x trophy on Decima.

6Ste996l.jpg

It really took some effort, as I'm not accustomed to playing on that hard settings. I guess the launch games make you do things you wouldn't do otherwise, as I also played RFOM through on hard, and got gold medals on all SSX tracks and modes.

I love love love this game! Got my platinum the first weekend the PS4 launched and I still love streaming it. I'm trying to complete MASTER mode but can't get past the second level lol. I would love some co-op partners and would even love to have a Gaf stream some time with all of us playing together :)

Melchiah

I love love love this game! Got my platinum the first weekend the PS4 launched and I still love streaming it. I'm trying to complete MASTER mode but can't get past the second level lol. I would love some co-op partners and would even love to have a Gaf stream some time with all of us playing together :)

Huh! It took you a weekend, whereas it took over a month for me. :D I think I'm going to keep a pause now, and hope there's a new content coming for it soon.

R-User!

So I wanted to chime in that I got the Platinum Trophy (my first one!), and I really enjoy playing this game! Cant wait for more levels! :)

dankir

Got my first platinum trophy in this game yesterday. Have 105k Gamerscore but never really focused on Trophies.

Really wanted to get this one for some reason though, any words on DLC yet?

Novocaine

Got my first platinum trophy in this game yesterday. Have 105k Gamerscore but never really focused on Trophies.

Really wanted to get this one for some reason though, any words on DLC yet?

Only that it's on the way. No idea on what it will be though. I'm hoping it's more levels/ships/co-op, but I have a feeling they will add a few mini games and such like they did with SSD/SSD:D.

Okay, total newb question here:

Loving this game so far, but I feel completely frustrated over the "Save the last humans" part.

Why do my humans keep dying on me, seemingly without warning? I get the parts where they're blasted out of their little cubicles and you're supposed to swoop down and transport them to safety, and that in the upper left hand corner you're supposed to keep an eye on the human icons that flash...but what indications are there that a human is going to die IN his cubicle and how do I prevent that from happening?

I guess I just need someone to explain to me how to properly play the game at this point.

Novocaine

It doesn't really explain it in the game, but some of the humans require you to have a certain multiplier to release. It's never any more than 5x. There's a pic somewhere in this thread that shows what ones release with keepers and what ones release with multipliers.

someday

Banned
I thought that, but it's really not difficult. Which trophies are you struggling with?
Sorry i didn't check the thread for a while. I need the boost only one, 1cc, and 15x multiplier. I also have to get through the last Veteran level and then do the Master level trophy. The 1cc and 15x multiplier seem like the hardest. I'm taking a break from the game though because I was having a lot more fun before I consciously started chasing trophies.

Number45

Sorry i didn't check the thread for a while. I need the boost only one, 1cc, and 15x multiplier. I also have to get through the last Veteran level and then do the Master level trophy. The 1cc and 15x multiplier seem like the hardest. I'm taking a break from the game though because I was having a lot more fun before I consciously started chasing trophies.
Boost should definitely be done with Nemesis, and personally I found the 1cc easier with Nemesis because you can use the boost pretty much whenever you need it if you're careful (boost for just as long as necessary) - score and multiplier is meaningless when you're going for that.

Any progress related trophies you should go with whatever ship you find you're best with. I will say though: the extra power Phobos has makes a difference in getting enemies off of the screen!

I did the 15x with Phobos, but again it might actually be easier with Nemesis as all you need to stop the reset is to hit an enemy (and you'll be hitting a lot with Nemesis before things explode). On the flipside, increasing the multiplier is slower because of the time it takes so in that respect Phobos might be better (and the extra lateral reach on the centre cannon helps). Don't forget to use your bombs to keep it up as well.

Melchiah

Okay, total newb question here:

Loving this game so far, but I feel completely frustrated over the "Save the last humans" part.

Why do my humans keep dying on me, seemingly without warning? I get the parts where they're blasted out of their little cubicles and you're supposed to swoop down and transport them to safety, and that in the upper left hand corner you're supposed to keep an eye on the human icons that flash...but what indications are there that a human is going to die IN his cubicle and how do I prevent that from happening?

I guess I just need someone to explain to me how to properly play the game at this point.
It doesn't really explain it in the game, but some of the humans require you to have a certain multiplier to release. It's never any more than 5x. There's a pic somewhere in this thread that shows what ones release with keepers and what ones release with multipliers.

Here:
AqsrhIf.png

someday

Banned
Boost should definitely be done with Nemesis, and personally I found the 1cc easier with Nemesis because you can use the boost pretty much whenever you need it if you're careful (boost for just as long as necessary) - score and multiplier is meaningless when you're going for that.

Any progress related trophies you should go with whatever ship you find you're best with. I will say though: the extra power Phobos has makes a difference in getting enemies off of the screen!

I did the 15x with Phobos, but again it might actually be easier with Nemesis as all you need to stop the reset is to hit an enemy (and you'll be hitting a lot with Nemesis before things explode). On the flipside, increasing the multiplier is slower because of the time it takes so in that respect Phobos might be better (and the extra lateral reach on the centre cannon helps). Don't forget to use your bombs to keep it up as well.

Thanks for the tips! I go back and forth over Phobos and Nemesis. Those tracer shots are awesome but the other one is so much more powerful. When I first started playing this game I used Ferox only. It has a nice mix but it seems like you need to go more extreme to get through Veteran and higher.

Melchiah

Got to the last level and died. Nemesis is great for boosting, but the gun is so weak against bosses. Lost most of my lives on them.

I think the only hard ones are the 2nd and the 5th. Save your overdrive and bombs for the second, and on the fifth's last form boost underneath it, where you're safe from its firing. You'll have to move along with it by using boost though.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Anyone still play this? I can't find people online :(

I turned on Resogun for the first time in a few months to assess the damage to my rankings. Holy shit at these scores you guys. B-b-b-b-illions of points all over the place.

The memories of the DC launch will always be of Sonic Adventures and chilling in the beach level for an hour soaking in the graphics, Resogun and the PS4 will be one of those fond memories years from now when we're all gaming in Oculus pods.

Grisby

Just bought PS plus the other day and gave this a go. Holy crap at the voxels or whatever flying all over the place. Everything is so chunky. I love how it basically paints the city as well.

On the gameplay side I'm having a ton of fun. I think it's my favorite Housemarque game. Quick, and easy to pick up and feel like a bad ass.

Man

Apparantly a VR implementation for SSHD was one of demos going around Sony internally last fall. Betting this is a VR implementation for Resogun being shown next week.

Melchiah

http://gamerssphere.com/2014/03/24/exclusive-interview-housemarque-studios/
GS: Had you planned Resogun DLC from before release, or was it more of an afterthought when Resogun turned out to be a success?
The game you’re playing right now was completed days before PS4 release, so to be honest there wasn’t time to plan much else. We wanted to have the basic game right, we wanted it to be solid, and push all possible “expansions” to a later time. Work on additional content didn’t start until the end of 2013, but in principle we always though that there was much more we could do with Resogun. Hopefully you’ll see some examples soon enough.

GS: What can we plan to see in the DLC? Are you planning new levels, ships, powerups, or enemy types? Any teasers or sneak peeks you can give out?
I’m confident we will be able to start speaking about it in a matter of days. One thing I can say is that we’ve been listening to the feedback from fans, and then we included a few things we wanted to do and that fans don’t necessarily expect.

GS: Is there an estimated release timeframe for the DLC?
HM: We don’t get to pick the date, but I’d be surprised if you don’t see it before the summer.

GS: The last question concerning DLC: are you planning another pack after this one, or will you be working on a new project?
HM: There’s plenty of ideas on the table. After launching the first DLC we’ll sit down with Sony XDev and decide what to do next.
More in the link about developing the game, and pics of all five bosses.

j9C26ni.jpg

A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Enemy Model Development.

Top Bottom