• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

dmr87

Resogun, check
1080p, check
60fps, check
Surround sound system, check
High-end plasma TV, check
PS4 release date Nov 29th, FML

Loving those pics.

Jedi2016

Please for the love of god give me 3D

PUH-LEASE!

Let the Voxels get showered around my POV ; ;

My 3D 65" Panny deserves to be forplayed and reach climax with me at the same time!
They're working on it. No promises, but it sounds like they want to make it happen. If it does, it'll come down in a patch later on, like they did with SSDHD.

I was not expecting a game like this to be the main reason I am jealous of those who are getting next gen consoles at launch. Looks like really solid core gameplay and eye candy crack levels of gfx.

kaskade

resogun_2013_11-11-13kvj28.jpg

resogun_2013_11-11-1356j3m.jpg

resogun_2013_11-11-137gjze.jpg

resogun_2013_11-11-13yjk7l.jpg

resogun_2013_11-11-1367k8s.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/resogun/november-11-2013/

I feel like they made a game that utilizes all the tech demos with all the blue cubes falling everywhere. Those screens are gorgeous.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwxA2nRaOxQ there it is.

Dinjooh

^ so very well done. But salt in the wound of Europeans :'(

European myself, so I won't have this for another two weeks and some days. My solution? Ridiculously many hours at the office so I can take a week off come December and get my Resogun-groove on.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
European myself, so I won't have this for another two weeks and some days. My solution? Ridiculously many hours at the office so I can take a week off come December and get my Resogun-groove on.

Good solution. Mine is diving into SSHD again from time to time. Still a lot of fun.

angrygnat

I was downright addicted to Dead Nation for a time. Stardust I still pick up from time to time, but the Galaga remake that I just got off of PS+ for free has taken its spot for the time being. Resogun is def gonna be worth a look or two. It looks like it will scratch my Gradius itch quite nicely

Seanspeed

Banned
Don't really care about these schmups these days. I think the last one I put anytime into was Raptor: Call of the Shadows way back in the day.

But I'd be interested in giving this a shot. I'd probably only get a few levels in and give up lol, but still, might be fun for a couple hours or so.

Also, is this a retail game, or just a downloadable title?

-Amon-

Don't really care about these schmups these days. I think the last one I put anytime into was Raptor: Call of the Shadows way back in the day.

But I'd be interested in giving this a shot. I'd probably only get a few levels in and give up lol, but still, might be fun for a couple hours or so.

Also, is this a retail game, or just a downloadable title?

Raptor the pc game back from the pentium 1 days ? Vertical shooter ? If yes, that was great !!!

Resogun afaik is a dowload only game.

Seanspeed

Banned
Raptor the pc game back from the pentium 1 days ? Vertical shooter ? If yes, that was great !!!

Resogun afaik is a dowload only game.
That's the one. haha

And thanks re: it being downloadable. So it should only be like $10-20 then? That's not bad. Funny how this has become one of the graphical showcases for a new console!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This game is fucking amazing. Particle count was definitely increased since that giant bomb video.

Fezan

Is there a separate thread for Resogun reviews?

Destructoid 95:
It’s an eye-searing blur of a loop that you’ll be happy to jump into again and again. Don’t miss it.

IGN 9 :
A tense, challenging, and excellent shooter. It may be short, but its addictive cycle of cylindrical shooter gameplay, great looks, and catchy music make it worth replaying in endless pursuit of that high score on the leaderboard.

POM UK 9 :
The first twin-stick shooter of the next generation has a good chance of being PS4’s dark-horse killer app at the console’s launch. It’s hard to remember ever having quite this much fun whizzing around blowing up things in space. Resogun showcases how stunning arcade games can look with PS4 tech.

Gametrailers 81 :
Resogun lays out all your tools in front of you and has you gunning for a high score simply for the sake of improving your game. You can look at this as a virtue, but even with the addition of online coop, Resogun doesn’t completely explore its promising possibility space. It feels almost inevitable that the game will see some sort of update to offer more ships and more levels in the future.

Joystick 8:
Resogun is a smart, merciless little shooter, with just enough substance to match its extravagant flash. The humans are a welcome pain, as they always are, conspiring with relentless enemies and ostentatious graphical effects to exterminate boredom at every opportunity.

Dinjooh

Oh shit sorry dude, I searched Resogun review and for some reason it didn't come up the first time. When I saw his post above I thought it was needed so I made one >_<

More exposure to the best PS4 launch game!

Added metacritic score to OP.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, this is def day1
when I get a ps4 late next year

Have fun early adapters!! :)

Top Bottom