• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

apparently you don't get summoned to NOE's HQ unless it's damn important.

Not really, they've got a cool chill out area that they like to use for press events and the likes.

There's no reason to assume why Nintendo would invite retailers just for the NES Mini, though. That would be a waste of time.

iMax

I've been waiting for this moment.

nintendo_wii_vitality_sensor-1200-80.jpg

Malus

So all I know about this guy is some people think he's reliable and he's been banned from gaf. And even if he's right we don't know if this has anything to do with NX lol

I'm...excited...I guess...

Oh, heck, I'll allow myself to get excited...... what's the worst that can happen. hahaha

widespread famine and plague

hahahaha

The_Lump

Banned
It's not a public announcement. Likely just showing some stuff to retailers in preparation for announcement/preorders next month.

Still, might lead to a couple leaks though.

liquidtmd

Banned
NoE: "We are pleased to announce an announcement of our intent to explain what our next project in the NX is. We will disclose this information in April 2017. Unrelated, we will be launching a new console in March 2017 called the NX.

We do not comment on rumours and speculation. Thank you. And good luck. We're all counting on you"

Lebon14

Gaf thursday/friday after hearing what it was about (if we hear about it since NDAs):
3a0.gif

Because that's what it is. You are telling yourself lies.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this event will be held at Nintendo of Europe's main building or at another location. The main building seems to me not too good, rather inaccessible, for events of this kind:

noe75s3i.png

Of course we don't know how many companies have been invited but I would assume it has to be a decent amount.

Not really, they've got a cool chill out area that they like to use for press events and the likes.

There's no reason to assume why Nintendo would invite retailers just for the NES Mini, though. That would be a waste of time.
Nevermind then.

Oersted

There are 3 more or less plausible reasons:

1. Big new game they want to push. For that, NoE normally invites also websites

2. New hardware. Same like big game

3. Discussing christmas business. For that only retailers are needed.

With the way news currently are, I choose option 3. With Wii U dead, Amiibos dying, Pokemon merch rising and NES Mini coming, there is some talking to do.

wrowa

Retailers? I don't think its the NX reveal. If its the reveal, news outlets are supposed to be present

People are suggesting it's the reveal to retailers, not to the general public. Only thing this would suggest is that they are close to announce the thing to the public, but, well, we know that anyway, don't we?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is it. I can feel it.

maxcriden

Cross-posting this:

As a reminder, we also have the Nintendo Rep conference starting in a week, which is usually focused on the most important launches of the next 12 months, specifically in regards to messaging, marketing campaigns, and retailer cooperation within North America.

I don't think there's necessarily any guarantee that we'll get a full reveal by the end of next week, but between these two events (EDIT: If this retailer meeting is real and ends up having literally anything to do with NX, which is a bit of a long shot in my mind) I think there's a good chance of somebody slipping up at the very least, though I wouldn't put any money down on it.

And if Emily Rogers thinks there's a 0% chance of a reveal this week, then I'm personally pretty willing to agree with her. No reveal this week also makes me want to step back a bit on the rep conference angle, because I always found a reveal the week of to be less likely than a reveal the week before.

Well, I could be wrong, but I assume the top executives at the various retail partners have already seen NX behind closed doors. "Retailers" to me means broadening the circle to a lower level, which significantly increases the odds of a leak. But I suppose I could be wrong, and who knows if this is even NX-related at all.

Right, between this and/or the Nintendo rep conference, it seems significantly more likely leaks would occur, which means to me that this isn't about NX details unless the public is also getting them.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Rösti;217421711 said:
I wonder if this event will be held at Nintendo of Europe's main building or at another location. The main building seems to me not too good, rather inaccessible, for events of this kind:

noe75s3i.png

Pictures of Nintendo HQ? This is why I love the insanity that is NintendoGAF.

psyfi

Banned
Rösti;217421711 said:

http://abload.de/img/noe75s3i.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Why would it be held in their offices? I'm picturing a conference center somewhere.

Edit : lol nevermind, I see someone else proved me wrong

Phazon

Rösti;217421711 said:

noe75s3i.png

Of course we don't know how many companies have been invited but I would assume it has to be a decent amount.

Nevermind then.

They have like 10-15 floors of that building. During the Wii U september 2012 launch event they had like 30-35 Wii U setups on one floor (I was there). Don't worry about the lack of room.

Calm Mind

Keep in mind that I'm just giving my followers some insight in how NoE works. ^^
Don't take anything as confirmed.

I realize that thus my question mark but you know GAF hype monsters will jump on anything due to the hunger and thirst for NX news.

Zafir

I'd imagine it's got to be NX related, unless they've been hiding some game in their back pocket.

You don't just send people out to Germany for nothing, surely.

That said, I can't see it being an announcement or anything even if it was the NX. They'd want the press there for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom