• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reki

I'm conflicted. I want this to be an NX event for retailers as that would mean we could have a good leak pretty soon, but I also want to be surprised by the reveal itself. In any case, with NDAs and the associated travel costs, I fail to see how this can't be related to NX, even if the public reveal is next month.

In any case, with NDAs and the associated travel costs, I fail to see how this can't be related to NX, even if the public reveal is next month.

uh Nintendo has everybody sign NDAs for everything. They would have NDAs if they showed 10 minutes of Paper Mario, this means absolutely nothing. They probably just show off the fall/winter lineup. Retailers are leaky as fuck and Nintendo knows this, i'm almost 100% sure this is nothing.

Why woulda this not be about the NX? This tells me it will be. You don't fly people out and sign NDAs for some little nes mini classic lol.

5taquitos

Z8hbhna.gif

arrested-development-fishing.png

My other guess is: Zelda BTOW is finished ahead of time, and will be released at Christmas on Wii u.

Why else would they show it so much on twitter 6 months before realease.

Oersted

uh Nintendo has everybody sign NDAs for everything. They would have NDAs if they showed 10 minutes of Paper Mario, this means absolutely nothing. They probably just show off the fall/winter lineup. Retailers are leaky as fuck and Nintendo knows this, i'm almost 100% sure this is nothing.

You don't invite retailers for that. Your overall christmas strategy incl Pokemon merch, NES Mini etc. but not for a simple lineup.

at their event later this year.

So, they're going to have all European retailers come back to NoE.....like two or three weeks later?

Define retailers. Do you mean tons of store employees as in a GameStop Manager Meeting type environment? Or the higher ups who set policy, marketing, and whatnot?

Well, the latter has likely known the finer details on NX for many months. I would assume this meeting is for a lot of info that will also be announced to the public, but the top levels of management would already be privy to most of it.

Reki

Oh, is that the case? I don't recall reports of them having NDAs for demos/exhibitions of already announced products.

psyfi

Banned
If this really is an event for retailer managers, there's no way it's about the NES Mini. There's gotta be some Gamestop employee on GAF who has heard something.

Edit : I'm still skeptical about the sources on this info, though.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they announce it at the most inconvient time humanly possible so as many people as possible wake up in the morning realizing the reveal happened while they were asleep.
This is their future cornerstone product, they would not do that and they've never done that.

Maxinas

Due to all the impressive antecipation, this may be the most pre-ordered Nintendo console ever.

Agree?

No, but if it has a launch day pokemon game it will. (Note: no mainline pokemon game has ever released at launch for a new nintendo system)

NateDrake

Well, the latter has likely known the finer details on NX for many months.

Okay. They aren't going to place NX in the hands of Store Manager John Doe from Retail Chain Y ahead of a reveal. There's a better chance it's simply the NoE equivalent of what NoA showed GameStop managers last week. Hands-on with Zelda and upcoming games, new bundles, and such. It doesn't have to be NX related like people are hoping.

Oh, is that the case? I don't recall reports of them having NDAs for demos/exhibitions of already announced products.

dude, i signed NDAs for the most idiotic thing like characters for a game that was already released months ago in japan and the states. they have NDAs coming out of their asses.

You don't invite retailers for that. Your overall christmas strategy incl Pokemon merch, NES Mini etc. but not for a simple lineup.

i've been there before and they didn't show anything interesting and yes, i signed NDAs.

ASIS

I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that. I just keep clicking these threads. Why? It's not happening and I know that.

OMG ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!
Eerie how this perfectly describes my thought process.

It's happening, isn't it? I can't believe it ;_;

Brannon

It's definitely for the NX. After the Wii U "is it just an attachment for the Wii" debacle, Nintendo is going to drill it into their fucking heads that this thing is NEW and THIS is how you are going to market it.

If it's not about the NX I will eat an okra.

What the hell else do they have?

Okay. They aren't going to place NX in the hands of Store Manager John Doe from Retail Chain Y ahead of a reveal. There's a better chance it's simply the NoE equivalent of what NoA showed GameStop managers last week. Hands-on with Zelda and upcoming games, new bundles, and such. It doesn't have to be NX related like people are hoping.

Ok. Well....that would be disappointing. But I can accept that it's a real possibility.

I'll go back to believing in an October reveal lol

Calm Mind

I wish Nintendo would've given me a heads up before I went on a rant today trying to prove a post Holiday reveal. This is what I get for oversleeping today and zero caffeine in my system.

ASIS

It's definitely for the NX. After the Wii U "is it just an attachment for the Wii" debacle, Nintendo is going to drill it into their fucking heads that this thing is NEW and THIS is how you are going to market it.

If it's not about the NX I will eat an okra.

What the hell else do they have?

They have the New Galaxy 3DS thing and the NES mini. It's unlikely that they would be enough to conduct an 'undisclosed' meeting but this is Nintendo.

NateDrake

Ok. Well....that would be disappointing. But I can accept that it's a real possibility.

I'll go back to believing in an October reveal lol

Could it be NX related? It's possible, but people are also acting under the guise that retailers are never invited to NoE, when we don't know that for a fact. This could be an annual thing for all we know (or until someone is able to say otherwise). This very forum thought megatons would drop at GameStop Meeting because they didn't know it was an annual event.

OmegaFax

The Amazon Germany pre-order page for the NX has to inadvertently go up weeks before announcement with at least some real information.

Tron 2.0

I believe this is to discuss NoE's holiday lineup.

I think any retail meeting regarding NX that would involve anyone other than high level executives would happen after a general reveal.

JazzmanZ

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they announce it at the most inconvient time humanly possible so as many people as possible wake up in the morning realizing the reveal happened while they were asleep.

thats going to happen regardless of what time bro, the whole world doesn't operate on one time zone :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom