• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retronauts Live (?) Episode 17: Super Nintendo 20th Anniversary (w/new management)

Ondore

Fare thee well, ToastyFrog.

Jeremy Parish passes the Retronauts reins to Bob Mackey as guests Ray Barnholt and IGN's Sam Claiborn join in for a rousing discussion about the Super Nintendo on its 20th birthday. Note: this episode isn't live, but you can always talk into your iPod if it makes you feel better.

Length: 1:23:32
1up Retronauts blog entry
Direct Link
RSS
iTunes status: Updated

the chris

Ondore said:
Fare thee well, ToastyFrog.

Length: 1:23:32
1up Retronauts blog entry
Direct Link
RSS
iTunes status: Updated
God speed Jeremy Parish. May you move on to more awkward pauses and segues.
U8y5p.jpg

Thank god this episode isn't live, that Sonic one was painful to listen to at times.

I'm highly amused TFrog went out with that Sonic live episode. Glad it's still going to be around! I hope they get all the old regulars back at some point.

GhaleonQ

Track Listing for Episode 17

3:08 - Title, SimCity - Soyo Oka
15:37 - Mambo and Samba's Theme, Gokujou Parodius - Konami Kukeiha Club
32:30 - Treetops, The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse - Mari Yamaguchi
53:05 - Everlasting Summer, Super Adventure Island - Yuzo Koshiro
1:03:03 - Town, SimCity - Soyo Oka
1:22:44 - Castle Vanity, Super Valis IV - Junta

Connoisseur.

ShaneB

Not surprised to see Parish move on, sucks, but at least this should mean more consistent Retronaut episodes.

Will listen to this tomorrow at work :)

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I don't understand why people think I'm not going to be on the show anymore? I was on this episode. I've simply passed the reins to Bob because he has always been a huge enthusiast of the show and my new responsibilities don't leave much time for planning and executing a podcast as time-intensive as this.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Enjoyed this episode... I'm very happy about the new direction.

Lothars

ToastyFrog said:
I don't understand why people think I'm not going to be on the show anymore? I was on this episode. I've simply passed the reins to Bob because he has always been a huge enthusiast of the show and my new responsibilities don't leave much time for planning and executing a podcast as time-intensive as this.
It's great to hear that you will still be on the podcast, I think your one of the best podcast personalities out there.

ToastyFrog said:

Good to hear. It just wouldn't feel like Retronauts without you.

I think I like this format better than the call-in format. Maybe if they got rid of the beeping and phantom ringing I would like the call-in shows more. I know it's possible. Nintendo Voice Chat just did a call-in episode without that crap.

Jex

Considering that Jeremy is now EIC this isn't a surprising move so this is the best possible outcome really.

I mean, it's more Retronauts, but just with a new host, I don't see what's not to love. This weeks episode has certainly proved that it's going to work fine (great music as well).

Balb

Great episode guys. Was skeptical upon reading the description but I think the podcast has returned to its former glory.

Ultima_5

Can't wait to listen and I look forward to more consistent retronauts! Bring back sharkey!

That sonic episode was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever listened too... I would like to see more of a return to old retronauts.

Top Bottom