• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow, that Don't Look skull title card is fantastic.

Servbot24

Banned
So, how has the season been so far? What's the ratio of filler to important episodes?

Thread seems pretty dead right now. The show lost a lot of Steam here.

I dunno, in my opinion "filler" episodes have always been better than the "important" ones. Mini-adventures and that type of stuff. This season has been quite good imo.

How is the show doing overall? Seems very quiet on GAF, but I guess that's bound to happen after 7 seasons.

Psxphile

a8aiPWS.jpg

Neat, new Marcy song incoming.

EDIT: Rainicorn synopsis

tumblr_o543bvsa611uwb31io1_540.png

I've seen afterschool specials that start like this...

Psxphile

Special promo animation released:

tumblr_o5bple2iEO1qctti3o1_500.gif

Adventure Time episode, “Beyond the Grotto” Airing tomorrow night (4/9) at 7PM EST! Featuring seven full minutes animated and directed by Alex & Lindsay Small-Butera! With additional artwork by the illustrious Matt Cummings!

SMALL-BUTERA

Tuck

This season has been consistently good so far. It seems like its back to basics in a way. Just Finn and Jake going on adventures.

Psxphile

^ Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting from long-time fans outside of GAF: that it's more like Seasons 3 and 4 when the show was in its prime.

Also: Friendly reminder that Beyond the Grotto airs tonight at 7/6c (followed by the Frog Season - Summer short at the end of the block, don't forget!). It's another Somvy+Seo episode, hopefully they knock it out of the park like they did with Don't Look.

Promo art:
KingofOoo

Hamlet

That was a really neat episode. The story was a tad weak but the visuals sure more than made up for it. Loved the art style.

Psxphile

tumblr_o5ee5yevH31r0ttrlo2_400.gif

CN has released a preview clip of the next episode, Lady Rainicorn in the Crystal Dimension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDUPPCSHeLQ

EDIT: title card released!

KingofOoo

~Always
I wanna be with you
And make believe with you...~

EDIT:
tumblr_o5lsjs730i1t0t09yo3_1280.png

tumblr_o5lsjs730i1t0t09yo2_1280.png

tumblr_o5lsjs730i1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Beyond the Grotto title card concepts by Lindsay and Alex Small-Butera
KingofOoo

whew lad @ that last one

EDIT: episode synopsis for I Am A Sword:

When Finn begins having nightmares about his missing Finn Sword, he wonders if they are actually real.

source

It's another JMoyns joint and it's about Finn, so expect some trippiness and at least some personal reflections of an obscure nature.

IronRinn

"Flute Spell"

Jake's song at the beginning was great. I love how he takes all the grim shit in stride. Better to not get involved with Huntress Wizard, Finn. Magic makes you crazy. Also: Jenny Slate! Matthew Fucking Broderick!

"The Thin Yellow Line"

Animation in this one is great. Really loose, and I love the faces. Lol, the doodle of the dog king character after Finn gets impromptu his art lesson. PB's style continues to be on point. That ending was really sweet, too. Good to see PB is confronting her fucked up past and trying to be a better ruler. And Tunde Adebimpe as Banana Guard 16!

"Broke His Crown"

"Goodbye, freaks!" Really liked this one. I always feel so bad for Simon. I wonder if they'll ever resolve (Magic) Betty. Simon, you did punch Marcy's ex, you just don't remember! Also: OG Gunther! (And Santa!)

Psxphile

I didn't really like Saturdays episode. :/
That's too bad.

I noticed people are really down on most eps that deal with Jake's kids. Viola's episode barely even registered in the fanbase. Maybe the writers don't make them compelling enough... or possibly some kind of blowback from Jake The Dad: we didn't get to watch them grow up into the corndogs they are now, so we don't feel all that attached to them and thus find them less compelling.

It's a shame, because Lady really needed a good ep to her name, and also this episode finally did something with Rainicorn/Dog relations that was only hinted at before, as well as show us more of the Crystal Dimension.

I have nothing against the kids, I just feel it was a rather weak episode.

I'm glad that we got some backstory on Lady though, cause its about time.

Psxphile

Promo art for I Am A Sword by storyboarder Sam Alden:
tumblr_o5wclv1rc41qdylsxo1_1280.jpg

new episode this saturday, feat. amy sedaris yall
Gingerland Comics

Another Finn-focused episode by Jesse and Sam. After Crossover and Flute Spell, I'm expecting something bretty gud, they seem to work well together. Also, Amy Sedaris plays a character in this one, I wonder if she's the oft-rumoured "Bandit Princess" (I think that's supposed to be her in the foreground of that storyboard posted earlier).

EDIT: title card released

KingOfOoo

geez, is that Sword Finn looking out from the inside?

EDIT: storyboard tease for Frog Season - Winter

tumblr_o5y6d0ed5Z1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Frog Seasons: Winter (an Adventure Time short) premieres Saturday, April 23rd on Cartoon Network. It airs at the end of an hour of Adventure Time starting at 7/6c
KingOfOoo

Am I the only one worried about AT getting cancelled?

Its ratings aren't very good (doing around 1 mil, and under), and the time slot change is worrying.

abundant

Its ratings aren't very good (doing around 1 mil, and under), and the time slot change is worrying.

Even if it was canceled, it had a good run. Most cartoons are lucky to get to 56 episodes, AT has far surpassed that amount.

Psxphile

All good things come to an end. They still have Season 8 in production. It's not going away anytime soon. I just hope they take the opportunity to wrap things up satisfactory. They've had more than enough time for a proper send-off.

Friendly reminder that I Am A Sword and short Frog Seasons - Winter premiere tonight starting at 7/6c.

Tuck

Well, 7 or 8 seasons of mostly quality is a great run.

But no chance are we ever seeing all the plot threads get wrapped up.

Isn't there a movie coming out?

Epcott

Just finished I Am a Sword too.

It this meant to be a
two parter, or will the next episode just be of Finn and Jake in the middle of another adventure and Jake just happens to say something offhand like "This would have been easier with your old sword"? I hate when they do stuff like that after an episode where something heavy goes down.

Sucks I need to spoiler this now since people are missing this on its air date due to the crazy Saturday schedule. They need to put new episodes back on weekdays.

blanky

I thought the movie was scrapped. Y'all are talking real easy about AT ending, what gives yo! I think they're still making awesome stuff. I wish it was easier to show some support, like being able to buy all the episodes on disc or something.

With regards to the ending of I am a sword
I also hope it's a two parter, it has to be really. That ending was too cliff hangery to just wrap it up with a sentence next time.

Hamlet

Great episode and quite the cliffhanger. Going to be interesting to see what happens to the Finn sword now. Was also sorta neat seeing a bunch of season 1 characters pop up back in the show again.

I thought the movie was scrapped. Y'all are talking real easy about AT ending, what gives yo! I think they're still making awesome stuff. I wish it was easier to show some support, like being able to buy all the episodes on disc or something.

With regards to the ending of I am a sword
I also hope it's a two parter, it has to be really. That ending was too cliff hangery to just wrap it up with a sentence next time.

The big proper theatrical release movie is still going ahead. It was the TV movie that was scrapped and parts of it were reintegrated/re-purposed back into season 5 & 6.
Also Seasons 1 - 5 are out right now on Blu-ray. They've been pretty consistent with releasing the seasons on DVD/Blu-ray unlike most Cartoon Network shows.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

To be fair, ratings are low all around for cartoons. Plus, Adventure Time pulls in mad cash on worldwide merchandise sales and licensing. I wouldn't worry about the show being cancelled out of the blue or not having time to end on its own terms.

vypek

I don't see it on schedule on for this coming week but I'm willing to bet that its not a two part thing but something that will continue on quietly.

Servbot24

Banned

I think the show is more or less as good as ever, but I'll be at peace when it ends simply because we've had 7 and soon to be 8 seasons of it. Can't be mad at that.

Zomba13

I can see
Finn Sword getting dropped for a while. Like he'll get a new sword or keep using junk arts and craft swords for a while and then the Finn Sword plot will continue after a few episodes or next season. Finn Sword will be repaired or enhanced with the Grass Sword power but Finn still has the thorn so still has Grass Sword for when he needs it.

Aizo

Banned
I noticed people are really down on most eps that deal with Jake's kids. Viola's episode barely even registered in the fanbase.
Summer Showers? I loved the atmosphere of that episode. I can see why fans wouldn't like it too much, but I really connected with it.

Psxphile

CN.com's AT site confirms the airing dates and titles for the next two episodes:

May 5th: Bun Bun
May 12th: Normal Man

And they're both airing on Thursdays instead of Saturdays. Guess the Regular Time and Adventure Show block party is over?

Psxphile

CTuMRQh.png

Bun Bun a cute.

Good episode. I like that Seo and Somvay were given another chance with FP after The Red Throne, and they made the best of it by finally burying the hatchet between her and Finn.

EDIT: Elemental synopsis in the wild

tumblr_o6rm8xCBz11uwb31io1_540.jpg

TVGuide.com

This could prove to be interesting.

IronRinn

Still catching up. "Don't Look" was fantastic, start to finish. Some interesting stuff to dig into, there. Especially with PB.

"Beyond the Grotto" was triiiiiippy. Really liked the animation in the pond sequence. Go Sea Lard!

"Lady Rainicorn of the Chrystal Dimension" was rad. Greta to have a Lady episode, especially with some backstory. And now she has a cool-ass hoverbike! I love that her dad is voiced by Henry Rollins.

Haha, "I am a Sword"

"Breakup? Lich? Me dyin'? You dyin'? Other breakup? Growin' up? Never growin' up? ... Or spiders?" (Good on Finn for helping B-MO with that stapler.)

"He's been sending me psychic Finnmails of sadness and fear, to my Finnbox."

"You mean some people are just a pure city sidewalk boom-boom from a rat's donk and that's all there is to it?"

Bandit Princess is a real jerk, even if she was born with rabies and her parents didn't love her because they had mono. Damn. Perfect casting with Amy Sedaris, though. I wonder what is going to ultimately come of the grass sword/arm thing? That end was pretty grim. Finn defeated. Sword Finn (Original Finn? Finn 1?) seemingly dead. Crazy shit.

"Bun Bun" was pretty good. Should have guessed that was Ashly Burch right off the bat. Good to see Finn and Flame Princess have that conversation, and really come to terms with what happened between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom