• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: The Final Seasons |OT| The Fullmetal Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishQ

tumblr_oojz74Wj481rq0f0yo1_1280.jpg

To absolutely no fanfare or warning the entire Elements mini-series has been made available on iTunes.

Well, heck! But of course Orb isn't on iTunes yet.

Psxphile

Wait, I just saw Orb and the 8 episodes of Elements,
but according to this, we're getting a 9th episode? :O

No, that's just art for the sake of filling in that space. Not the first time they've done it. Usually relevant to the episodes as a whole.

Just watched Orb, haven't seen elements yet. And while I think it's good that she how is ending soon, it's kind of run its course. This episode reminded me why this show is one of my all time favorite things, it's so weird, wild and oddly dark and it sucks that I don't think we'll ever get anything like this again. The closest we've gotten since are over the garden wall, Steven Universe too kinda, but Adventure time is like the merging of those two.

Just watched Orb, haven't seen elements yet. And while I think it's good that she how is ending soon, it's kind of run its course. This episode reminded me why this show is one of my all time favorite things, it's so weird, wild and oddly dark and it sucks that I don't think we'll ever get anything like this again. The closest we've gotten since are over the garden wall, Steven Universe too kinda, but Adventure time is like the merging of those two.

Pretty much my feeling, too. Definitely going to be a show that's seen as one of a kind. It's kind of amazing to me that it lasted as long as it did, and became as popular as it did.

Pretty much my feeling, too. Definitely going to be a show that's seen as one of a kind. It's kind of amazing to me that it lasted as long as it did, and became as popular as it did.

Agreed. I feel like it's had a really good run too, has its ups and downs but for the most part has been great. Entirely satisfied that it's getting another season after the current one, which still has tons of room to go places.

But I'm really gunna feel it when its gone.

Raxus

Man Skyhooks is fuuuuuuuuucked up.

Bespoken For is fantastic as well.

I am glad we are ending on these miniseries since they are distilled primo AT.

Raxus

Pretty great stuff. I hate to overhyppe it but I'd say it may be the best miniseries yet. I will try and promote it as it airs but I work that week so we will see.

Psxphile

tumblr_oos8bmEvB41v4j5emo1_540.png

life goals

Pretty good episode.
I wonder what was the meaning of Lynch showing up as BMO?

This episode overview by Gunter Fan goes over that and other imagery shown in the episode. Definitely feels like a lead-up to something.

Also: 10s bumper advertising Elements
This might be all we're getting. :(

EDIT: another title card released
tumblr_ooki9g6f0s1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Bespoken For (Elements Pt. 2) - title card

designed by Benjamin Anders

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Monday, April 24th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

Psxphile

tumblr_ooxaiivZHn1ruwk78o1_540.gif

Tonight's the night. Elements' broadcast premiere starts tonight @ 7:30/6:30c!

CN Twitter uploaded a short trailer for the mini-series.

Fan promo provided by Charlie Caretti.

EDIT: promo art for today's 1st episode, Skyhooks by Sam Alden:
tumblr_ooxqs9vRrH1qdylsxo1_1280.jpg

So, so late with this. Anyway the new Adventure Time miniseries Elements starts airing tonight (Monday 4/24), starting with Skyhooks by Polly Guo and me, and then Bespoken For by Seo Kim and Somvilay Xayaphone. 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network. It's also on iTunes?

EDIT: promo art for today's 2nd episode, Bespoken For by Seo Kim:

Psxphile

Not surprised at the lack of responses so far, considering the whole she-bang was available a week earlier. But I still gotta do what I gotta do.

Title cards for tonight's episodes released:
tumblr_ookidpaaoW1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Winter Light (Elements Pt. 3) - title card

designed and painted by Benjamin Anders

premieres Tuesday, April 25th at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network

tumblr_ookifm54or1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Cloudy (Elements Pt. 4) - title card

designed by Benjamin Anders

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Tuesday, April 25th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network

Here's A.V. Club's analysis on "Orb" which aired last week: link
Rating:
B+

IronRinn

Jesus fucking christ, I forgot all about this.

Edit: "Hey, I want some of that!" "No. That is body juice." "Hmmmmmmmm...what's that? D-do you spurn my fluids!?"

Epcott

I cracked and watched the entire Elements.

That ending... fuuuuuuuuuuuuu 😮

Is that then end of season 8?

Yeah this miniseries was pure AT and you know what i think i am fine with going back to the status quo.

Back to satus quo?
No it did not.

Ogodei

So Flame Princess might finally get to use the Fire Giants? Or is she just giant in there for stylistic purposes?

Psxphile

Promo image time:

tumblr_op17qiWaTx1qdylsxo1_1280.jpg

New episode of the AT miniseries tonight, written/boarded by Polly Guo and me
Sam Alden

more like Dragon Warrior
in Japan it's called Happy Quest

So Flame Princess might finally get to use the Fire Giants? Or is she just giant in there for stylistic purposes?

Seems to be the style of the Elements title cards to depict Finn+Jake (or whoever) against a giant version of featured episode character, which don't necessarily translate literally in the ep proper. Also, take note how the featured characters start from the right and slowly glide over to the left as we continue the mini-series.

Pluto

A season is usually like 50 episodes.
Not at all, the first 4 seasons were 26 episodes each, seasons 5-7 were 52,
43 and 39 episodes respectively, we don't really know how many episodes seasons 8 and 9 will have but I wouldn't be surprised if the seasons will be shorter than the previous ones again.

J-Rod

I got really nervous when (skyhooks II/last episode spoiler)
the restoring magic got to sweet pea. I thought for sure some lich shenanigans were about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom