• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Oops, you're right. I looked at the wrong score.
But back to your point about the review, I think this right here is a big reason I enjoyed it, though, like you, it might not have registered at the time:

AV Club said:
The Battle Of The Bands is intended to make Finn forget his sorrows, and while it does bring him joy, none of those tunes are as enchanting as the faint song he hears from Music Hole’s cavernous mouth. When he finds her, she tells him that her voice can only be heard by two kinds of people: those that view the world with pure childlike wonder, and those that have a deep of loss in their hearts. Finn doesn’t think he fits the childlike wonder criteria, and it’s a telling line regarding how Finn views himself. He recognizes that he’s not a child anymore, and one of the main indicators of growing up is this sense of loss that he’s feeling more and more often. There’s the loss of his father, the loss of his arm, the loss of the Finn Sword, and the compounding pain of all these events weighs on Finn and gives him a new, more adult perspective of the world.

Princess Bubblegum and Jake want to wipe away Finn’s bad feelings, but they don’t understand that the only way for Finn to move forward is by fully processing these feelings and working through the deeper issues that are feeding them. Music Hole helps him do that with art, and through their shared sorrow they are brought together to give each other comfort, which they feel when they join their voices together in song. It’s a really beautiful message from writers/storyboard artists Polly Guo and Andres Saraff, and Eli Moore’s song for Finn and Music Hole captures all those rich emotions in a short but meaningful tune. This episode hits hard by the end, and committing to that undercurrent of melancholy elevates the story, which would still be really good if it was just Adventure Time characters singing and having fun.

zeemumu

Woah for once a Marceline song that isn't complete garbage!

Her boss theme in Hey Ice King! Stop Stealing Our Garbage is pretty good.

It took me longer than it should have to realize why she was wearing the hard hat and visor.

Psxphile

And Title Card:

tumblr_o9ii3wUPHL1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Daddy-Daughter Card Wars - title card

designed by Steve Wolfhard

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Thursday, July 7th at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

Psxphile

TV Promo for Daddy-Daughter Card Wars.

How long before we get fan-art of Jake kneeling besides various butt cracks?

EDIT: promo comic by storyboarder Steve Wolfhard

tumblr_o9um7uRF2G1rwtssmo1_1280.png

tumblr_o9um7uRF2G1rwtssmo2_1280.png

tumblr_o9um7uRF2G1rwtssmo3_1280.png

tumblr_o9um7uRF2G1rwtssmo4_1280.png

tumblr_o9um7uRF2G1rwtssmo5_1280.png

Daddy-Daughter Card Wars airs this Thursday, July 7th, at 7:30/6:30c, so watch it!

Not only was this my first time boarding with a partner other than Tom, but it was my first time boarding with Adam Muto which I was very excited for. I can’t believe that I didn’t do those two little portraits of him and me on this promo drawing like Rebecca used to do.

Charlie lives the life of a Fox sitcom confirmed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spent the last couple days catching up (I hadn't watched the show since Football so I had to get through Stakes, and all the other stuff)
And I just finished Daddy-Daughter Card Wars. This show is like comfort food, it's just nice at times.

Psxphile

After watching the ep, suddenly that crack about her "roommates" in the promo comic seems rather dark. Didn't think she'd be into the occult.

Best parts of the ep were B-MO flipping the fuck out at the thought of Jake getting back into Card Wars and Jake "having a type".

Creepiest part was Jake bones and Charlie getting her wrinkles. Yikes.

diaspora

I haven't seen this series since Jake lost his arm, should I just watch everything or is there anything I ought to skip over?

Psxphile

Concept artwork for Daddy-Daughter Card Wars:
tumblr_oa06wxeuAH1rwtssmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oa06wxeuAH1rwtssmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oa06wxeuAH1rwtssmo3_1280.jpg

I pitched these drawings and a rough outline to Adam early 2014. A lot of the stuff stayed and a lot of the stuff changed for the absolute better, (although I still want to use that exchange between Moniker and Charlie one day.)

In the pitched outline things start out as you saw in the episode but by the end things were nuts, ending with a giant holographic pig flooping the whole island. “Pig floops you” I wrote.

Steve Wolfhard

Considering the focus of the episode was more on Jake maturing over the actual card game itself, the previous name for the ep ("Dignified") was a much better fit overall.

EDIT: looks like there will be no AT panel at this year's SDCC. Instead they'll be having that Card Wars doubles tournament I posted about last month.

EDIT: I guess the final two episodes of the season will be coming sooner rather than later, the AT blog has uploaded a storyboard from Preboot:

KingOfOoo

Psxphile

Season 7's "The Hall of Egress" has been nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Short Form Animated Program. It's up against some stiff competition though. Steven Universe's "The Answer" is the favorite to win but who knows how the academy will vote.

Pendleton Ward shares his thoughts:

An Emmy Nomination for Adventure Time

Congratulations to cast & crew for their fresh Emmy nomination—their seventh consecutive—in the category of Outstanding Short-form Animated Program. The nod goes to the episode “Hall of Egress.” Kent Osborne, Jack Pendarvis, Tom Herpich, and Ashly Burch came up with the story, and Tom wrote and boarded it. Andres Salaff was the director. The stiff competition is made up of Robot Chicken, SpongeBob SquarePants, Steven Universe, and The Powerpuff Girls. Cheer for the team when the trophies are handed out in L.A. on September 18.

Psxphile

I'm really worried about this show being cancelled tbh. But if Season 9 is confirmed, than thank god for another 2 years.

That hasn't been confirmed (hence the ?), it just might be a joke by Kent saying that a Season 9 arc would include a tiny belligerent elephant making strides in an Ooo-ian political climate with her pie-baking rhetoric. But then again, he hasn't denied it on his twitter either...

Servbot24

Banned
I dont want the show to end, but at the same time it has done everything that I could have asked from it. It has earned whatever choice it wants to make.

Psxphile

The theory is August 6th although the chances of that seem slimmer and slimmer

Must be soon though if they're putting out the title card.

Soon yes, but not August 6th soon. CN doesn't have it on the schedule currently. We should see an announcement date sometime within the next two weeks, I imagine. Earliest it could possibly air is in the third week of August.

Psxphile

Hm. Maybe I should have actually paged you instead of just saying I did. :eek:

Can't believe we've gone this long without any more information about when they're going to air the final two episodes of season 7. Are they going to do what they've been doing with Steven Universe and just transition straight into airing Season 8 episodes? That'll be... interesting.

Psxphile

Olivia Olson Interview

In which she talks to her brother about her career, voicing Marceline, and dropping not-so-subtle hints at a ninth season of Adventure Time while also confirming that they'll be doing more miniseries about other Ooo-ian characters after the success of Stakes.

EDIT:
tumblr_oc2lix9Ii51uwb31io1_540.png

Psxphile

Okay, what the hell is going on with this show right now?

Last two episodes still don't have an air date, and its been over two months since the last episode.

Tuck

Yeah I'm confused too. They went from airing new episodes very consistently, to a more Gravity Falls like approach of "whenever."

It's a shame they release new episodes so sporadically. I gave up a long time ago because I couldn't bother. Is it the creators' fault or CN?

Anyway, season six on Blu-ray is a sure buy from me.

Servbot24

Banned
It's a shame they release new episodes so sporadically. I gave up a long time ago because I couldn't bother. Is it the creators' fault or CN?

Anyway, season six on Blu-ray is a sure buy from me.

It's CN. I"m pretty sure they've got a bunch of episodes ready to go, or at least ready to be produced

Psxphile

It's seeming more and more likely that they will use the final two episodes of Season 7 to lead into a bunch of Season 8 episodes. Probably an AT bomb to start things off. I can see Preboot and Reboot airing on a Monday as a half-hour special.

Already thinking about a Season 8 OT like

tumblr_inline_ocll6ckXhN1qkihor_540.jpg

Tuck

The show has had a great run, so I can't complain if they eventually cancel it. Just hope we get some conclusion on some of the remaining open plotlines.

Psxphile

Okay, what the hell is going on with this show right now?

Last two episodes still don't have an air date, and its been over two months since the last episode.

Ugh just air the finale already!

Nothing's been confirmed, but A.V. Club put up an article on what's coming to Hulu in October. Among those listed was "Adventure Time: Complete Season Seven" (listed to go up on October 19th).

Now, in order for Hulu to have "the complete" Season Seven available for streaming, CN would have had to air the final two episodes of the season on T.V. at some point, yeah? That, or Hulu's season 7 isn't as complete as they would have us believe. But it's something to shoot for. It would be mildly amusing to see Hulu premiere the episodes before CN does.

EDIT: out of nowhere, a storyboard appears
KingOfOoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom