• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey guys, i'm very LTTP with Adventure Time and because of how episodes are randomly aired here i arrived at the fifth season but with lots of holes.

I'm not able to find an answer to this little curiosity(well one of the many lol), in Memory of a Memory Marceline is dressed like a nurse and we see the young Marceline doing a "surgery" on Hambo, does it suggest that Marceline in the past became a nurse or similar?

vypek

Hey guys, i'm very LTTP with Adventure Time and because of how episodes are randomly aired here i arrived at the fifth season but with lots of holes.

I'm not able to find an answer to this little curiosity(well one of the many lol), in Memory of a Memory Marceline is dressed like a nurse and we see the young Marceline doing a "surgery" on Hambo, does it suggest that Marceline in the past became a nurse or similar?

I didn't think of this before. I wouldn't think she ever became a nurse only because it doesn't seem like the kind of life she'd end up living when growing up in some apocalypse. Maybe she did though. She has a mini series soon so maybe that will give more info.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I didn't think of this before. I wouldn't think she ever became a nurse only because it doesn't seem like the kind of life she'd end up living when growing up in some apocalypse. Maybe she did though. She has a mini series soon so maybe that will give more info.

Ok thanks :)

Psxphile

The Beast Stirs

ADVENTURE TIME at NEW YORK COMIC CON 2015!! NEXT WEEK!

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS: ADVENTURE TIME

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th at 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM

Hammerstein Ballroom - 311 W 34th St.

For years, Fans have asked for it, and the magical minds behind Adventure Time are finally unlocking the secrets behind one of Ooo’s most righteous and mysterious characters! This October, Cartoon Network presents a special 8-part story that explores the life of Marceline the Vampire Queen! New York Comic Con Fans will be the first to get a sneak peek of the exciting story before it airs, LIVE with the cast and crew, with plenty of time for questions from you! Guests Olivia Olson (Marceline), Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), Niki Yang (BMO), Adam Muto (Executive Producer), and Rebecca Sugar (Lyricist/composer; Creator, Steven Universe)

——

Adventure Time Signing

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th at 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM

Autographing Table 26

——

Celebrate the Launch of Adventure Time: The Enchiridion & Marcy’s Super Secret Scrapbook!!!, Featuring The Lord of Evil and Marceline the Vampire Queen

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10th at 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Room 1A24

A conversation with Martin Olson (The Lord of Evil), Olivia Olson (Marceline The Vampire Queen), Rick “Dienzo” Blanco (Illustrator and Vice President of Creative for Cartoon Network Enterprises) and moderated by Eric Klopfer (Senior Editor, Abrams) about the highly anticipated book Adventure Time: The Enchiridion & Marcy’s Super Secret Scrapbook!!! Attendees will have a chance to see never-before-seen art, a terrifying new book trailer, musical performances and Surprise Guests from the show!

Confirmed to getting that Stakes mini-series in October. Confirmed to getting their own panel at SDCC.

Also, new short:
Sow, Do You Like Them Apples

Who's going to do the Season 7 OT?

FoxSpirit

It's pretty crazy. It will either confirm or blow up my theory that AT isn't built for long-form storytelling.
It's built for loooooooong form storytelling :p

We have a lot of stuff going on now we didn't have at the end of season 4. But it's more on an interpersonal level. I enjoy that. Game of Thrones can go plot pushing, AT simply goes with slow shifts in personal relationships. I have no problems with that.

Lelcar

While everybody is jumping ship to Steven Universe, Adventure Time still remains my favourite. I can't wait for more episodes.

Psxphile

tumblr_nvx2x2IWut1uwb31io1_1280.png

Should be seeing some news dropping today tomorrow.

It's built for loooooooong form storytelling :p

We have a lot of stuff going on now we didn't have at the end of season 4. But it's more on an interpersonal level. I enjoy that. Game of Thrones can go plot pushing, AT simply goes with slow shifts in personal relationships. I have no problems with that.

I just wish the plot wasn't so all over the place and there was just one story and one goal that gradually advanced as the show did. Just focus on the as the main villain and the mushroom war, the whole orgalorg thing really jumped the shark for me. Before that I was a huge adventure time fan but that season finale just sucked out all the enthusiasm I had for the show. Also the whole fin being a god thing. I do agree the character relationships and how they advance are great though.

I'm looking forward for the marceline 8 parter, if its done well (and I expect it to be) I might get back to being invested in the show.

Servbot24

Banned
I just wish the plot wasn't so all over the place and there was just one story and one goal that gradually advanced as the show did. Just focus on the as the main villain and the mushroom war, the whole orgalorg thing really jumped the shark for me. Before that I was a huge adventure time fan but that season finale just sucked out all the enthusiasm I had for the show. Also the whole fin being a god thing. I do agree the character relationships and how they advance are great though.

I'm looking forward for the marceline 8 parter, if its done well (and I expect it to be) I might get back to being invested in the show.

Don't agree at all with this. Turning the show into a straight-forward plot would water it down severely.

Lelcar

Damn, at the panel they said that info about Finn's mom might be considered for season 8. I was hoping for some mamma Finn revelations this coming season :(

Psxphile

So much new info. Shame CN isn't airing the Stakes miniseries in October, still November is good enough I guess.
This is absolutely what we call 'dropping the ball'. The crew had hinted that the show would return sometime in October w/ Stakes primed to air during the Halloween week but CN said nuts to that, filled the schedule w/ TTG! and bumped AT premieres to November.

'Best laid plans', and all that. But yes, at least we're getting it relatively soon.

Damn, at the panel they said that info about Finn's mom might be considered for season 8. I was hoping for some mamma Finn revelations this coming season :(

Hm, yeeeeah... but we just had a season dealing with Finn's dad (kinda) so jumping straight to Finn's mom? Seems a little too soon for that. Maybe the crew felt the same.

EDIT: Another article about the AT panel.

dat shade at the end tho:

It sounds like a great season ahead, and I hope the marketing department sells it big. If anyone from CN is reading….when the miniseries is ready to launch, please do not promote it like this:

GET YOURSELF READY for A NEW TITANS WEEKEND on CARTOON NETWORK! Fearing NINE HOURS OF TITANS RERUNS plus the WORLD PREMIERE OF the new TITANS adventure TITANS time TITANS miniseries TITANS TITANS TITANS!

(ten random clips of TTG episodes, one brief glimpse of Marceline)

PLUS videos of YOU asking ROBIN what he ATE for BREAKFAST! DON’T MISS IT! IT’S A NEW TITANS WEEKEND mostly reruns TITANS WEEKEND also adventure time ON CARTOON NETWORK! “All right, brah!” “I will be the there!”

(logo, burp sound effect)

Seriously, have a little confidence.

KiN0

This is absolutely what we call 'dropping the ball'. The crew had hinted that the show would return sometime in October w/ Stakes primed to air during the Halloween week but CN said nuts to that, filled the schedule w/ TTG! and bumped AT premieres to November.

'Best laid plans', and all that. But yes, at least we're getting it relatively soon.

Hm, yeeeeah... but we just had a season dealing with Finn's dad (kinda) so jumping straight to Finn's mom? Seems a little too soon for that. Maybe the crew felt the same.

EDIT: Another article about the AT panel.

dat shade at the end tho:

CN has really been pimping TTGO alot lately. I feel like it's all I ever see these days. Are the ratings really that good?

Psxphile

Another Season 7 article, another interesting behind-the-scenes tidbit

“Is the arm drama over?” asked a fan, inquiring about how Finn lost his arm and had it replaced in previous seasons. “You sound like the network,” laughed Muto. “The arm he has now is sort of made of vegetable matter that thinks it’s a human arm. He never really got it back.”

Guess CN weren't enthused about the main character of one of their hit shows violently losing an arm. Or maybe they objected to the way it was replaced by a magical plant one instead of getting his real one back. Probably both.

Another Season 7 article, another interesting behind-the-scenes tidbit

“Is the arm drama over?” asked a fan, inquiring about how Finn lost his arm and had it replaced in previous seasons. “You sound like the network,” laughed Muto. “The arm he has now is sort of made of vegetable matter that thinks it’s a human arm. He never really got it back.”

Guess CN weren't enthused about the main character of one of their hit shows violently losing an arm. Or maybe they objected to the way it was replaced by a magical plant one instead of getting his real one back. Probably both.
If they had a decent action figure line, that'd be the perfect in for a new figure. I loved explaining to people how "deep" this show is and then describing the arm rip. But then everything was fixed and the show went downhill for a bit. I don't want it to be over. I wanted to see him with the apparently inevitable mechanical arm... which would also make for a badass figure.

Psxphile

The Adventure Time 8-part special event 'Stakes' will air November 16-19, Monday to Thursday at 8pm:

Adventure Time's 'Stakes': New Details Revealed About Marceline's Miniseries
Cartoon Network to Premiere New Eight-Part Series STAKES, 11/16
ADVENTURE TIME Eight-Part Event ‘Stakes’ to Premiere in November
Episode Description said:
Marceline the Vampire Queen wishes to be an undead, red-sucker no more, but can Princess Bubblegum concoct a cure? At the same time, five of Marceline's most fearsome foes return from her past. What might her most powerful nemesis, the Vampire King, have in store? Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum and their friends join the Vampire Queen's fight against her immortal enemies. But for Marceline, the stakes have never been higher throughout these eight special episodes of Adventure Time!
Series regulars Olivia Olson (Marceline), Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), Hynden Walch (Princess Bubblegum) and Tom Kenny (Ice King) are joined by guest stars Rebecca Romijn (The Empress), Billy Brown (The Vampire King), composer and actor Paul Williams (The Hierophant), Ron Funches (The Fool), Beau Billingslea (The Moon) and Kyle Kinane (Cloud Dance). In her voice acting debut, STEVEN UNIVERSE creator Rebecca Sugar joins the cast as THE VOICE of Marceline's mother.

Nearly two full weeks (13 11-minute episodes!) of brand-new Adventure Time in a single month. It's like CN is trying to make amends for their shitty treatment of the show since the conclusion of season 6.

Hm not showing up as that on my DVR yet. Maybe it will change later

It'll show up when CN updates their schedules later in the week, though you should still be wary because sometimes it causes glitches and the wrong show ends up getting recorded.

Psxphile

King Of Ooo - Adventure Time Returns This Monday!

tumblr_nwv1ux63oy1t0t09yo2_r1_540.png

BONNIE AND NEDDY - November 2nd
written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

VARMINTS - November 3rd
written/storyboarded by Kris Mukai & Adam Muto

CHERRY CREAM SODA - November 4th
written/storyboarded by Graham Falk

MAMA SAID - November 5th
written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Kris Mukai

FOOTBALL - November 6th
written/storyboarded by Luke Pearson & Emily Partridge

Cherry Cream Soda...

:(

Psxphile

There's now an episode description for the (presumably) last AT short.

Adventure Time - The Gift That Reaps Giving
Death tries to make a mixed tape for his girlfriend, Life.
source

Hope CN drops it soon. In the meantime, if you haven't seen them catch up with the other shorts:

CN.com has uploaded a new short: Have You Seen The Muffin Mess.

Youtube link

Seems to continue directly after the previous short, All's Well That Rats Swell.
NANOMACHINES, FINN.

I don't think I've been as excited for any show to return all year as I am for Adventure Time and season 7 is shaping up to be wonderful. I'm especially excited for the Marceline story and the story about
Death and his girlfriend
it sounds adorable.

Shauni

Bonnie and Neddy Title Card
Storyboard Panel

I recognize that goo. Looks like we may be getting some background lore on PB.

Wondering if that's possibly
PB's parents? I think they were referenced in the video game.
Went ahead and spoilered that. Not sure if it was needed, but if it is, then those who haven't played that game may not know (not that I would, under any circumstances, recommend anyone to play Dungeon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom