• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisgone

There's always the chance that they will address some of the stuff in the finale, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'm just going to accept the fact that we'll never get any answers from this show.

Why? There's no reason to assume this show is going to end any time soon. So why such a hurry to tie up every loose end?

Why? There's no reason to assume this show is going to end any time soon. So why such a hurry to tie up every loose end?

If enough major plot threads go without any resolution or at the very least serious advancement for long enough then a lot of viewers will just get bored of waiting for said advancement and tune out.

Servbot24

Banned
If enough major plot threads go without any resolution or at the very least serious advancement for long enough then a lot of viewers will just get bored of waiting for said advancement and tune out.

Only the adult viewers care about that.

We're essentially the Bronies of this show.

IronRinn

I finally watched the last two episodes. I liked it. I think I've started to come to terms with the show's idea of change. Externally, much remains the same, but the character's (and our) understanding of the world and themselves continues to alter drastically from season to season. I like that AT continues to expend most of its energy on its mythology and metaphysical/existential musings, it's what makes it so unique. It's part of the reason it remains my favorite show.

Edit: Liked the AV Club's review.

Servbot24

Banned
I finally watched the last two episodes. I liked it. I think I've started to come to terms with the shows idea of change. Externally, much remains the same, but the character's (and our) understanding of the world and themselves continues to alter drastically from season to season. I like that AT continues to expend most of its energy on its mythology and metaphysical/existential musings, it's what makes it so unique. It's part of the reason it's remains my favorite show.

Yup. It's not a show about mere plot.

KiN0

I finally watched the last two episodes. I liked it. I think I've started to come to terms with the shows idea of change. Externally, much remains the same, but the character's (and our) understanding of the world and themselves continues to alter drastically from season to season. I like that AT continues to expend most of its energy on its mythology and metaphysical/existential musings, it's what makes it so unique. It's part of the reason it's remains my favorite show.

Edit: Liked the AV Club's review.

Thanks for posting this review. I think I need to go back and rewatch this season.

Psxphile

This blog post here encapsulates what we know about Season 7 (mostly production stuff) into a convenient and easy-to-read format:

• The season will be composed of around 40 episodes
  • A whole mess of episode titles were leaked onto TCM.com, and subsequently added to Wikipedia (I personally added them… I can vouch for their ‘realness’, if you want to believe me)
  • We’re getting an 8-part miniseries, that will probably not kick off the season, most likely titled “Stakes” (and it will be about Marceline!)
  • Some episodes will focus more on humor and adventurous scenarios, according to Jesse
  • We’re getting a stop-motion episode, courtesy of Kirsten Lepore!
  • The main storyboard teams will be: Tom and Steve, Seo and Somvi, and Jesse (who recently was permanently partner with Sam Alden of “The Mountain” fame)
  • Adam Muto will once again return to do the occasional board (yay!)
  • Luke Pearson and Emily Partridge will board a few episodes together
  • Hanna K is a semi-permanent board artist, having done four boards so far (with Adam Muto, Andres Salaff, and Ako Castuera, per her Tumblr)
  • Ako Castuera is back; she worked on a few boards (three with Jesse and at least one with Hanna K). The show might be able to convince her to do a few more
  • Ashly Burch is now a storyline writer
  • Derek Hunter—former background designer—was promoted to “supervising designer”
  • Andy Ristaino and Patrick McEown are working on backgrounds (long-time background artist Santino Lascano left the series)
  • Derek Kirk Kim is the new character designer, replacing Matt Forsythe
  • Guest stars will include Paul Williams, Max Charles, and Ako Castuera (as Canyon),
Will be continually updated in the future as more info drops (especially after Comic-con).

woopWOOP

Finally caught up. Martin is probably my favorite character, 100% selfish asshole all the time. Too bad he got poofed out of existence.

These last few episodes weren't really doing it for me either tho. A lot of the jokes fell flat for me. Also I have no idea what that comet shit was about and frankly I don't really care anymore. Also I'm expecting the Bubblegum and Betty situation to be reverted back in a half-assed way somewhere at the start of the next season.

Marceline mini-series sounds pretty neat tho.

KiN0

Finally caught up. Martin is probably my favorite character, 100% selfish asshole all the time. Too bad he got poofed out of existence.

These last few episodes weren't really doing it for me either tho. A lot of the jokes fell flat for me. Also I have no idea what that comet shit was about and frankly I don't really care anymore. Also I'm expecting the Bubblegum and Betty situation to be reverted back in a half-assed way somewhere at the start of the next season.

Marceline mini-series sounds pretty neat tho.

After reading the AV club review, I think I understand where they were going with the comet. It seemed as though they used the comet as a way of explaining why the series keeps going back to a status quo. Like, Finn's not going anywhere because he feels as though he's right where he needs to be.

ChouGoku

Never made anything in paint before but im bored at work

finn.png

PolishQ

Huh, thread got bumped. Oh well. Hey, that blog post I posted about earlier:

has been updated with some interesting new factoids. I guess Pen is working full time on the movie.

Great info, thanks! Glad to hear Pen's so involved with the movie. Do we know anything else about it yet? Will it be traditional 2D animation like the show (please)?

Also, you have a small typo in your blog post - "Ward officially stopped writing episode outlines for the show in November of 2015" ... I'm assuming that should be 2014?

Psxphile

Great info, thanks! Glad to hear Pen's so involved with the movie. Do we know anything else about it yet? Will it be traditional 2D animation like the show (please)?

Also, you have a small typo in your blog post - "Ward officially stopped writing episode outlines for the show in November of 2015" ... I'm assuming that should be 2014?

Not my blog. :x
Also yes.

Psxphile

CN.com has uploaded a new short: Have You Seen The Muffin Mess.

Youtube link

Seems to continue directly after the previous short, All's Well That Rats Swell.
NANOMACHINES, FINN.

In other news, blogger Gunterfan doing work:
Gunterfan's interview w/ Thomas Wellmann
Gunterfan's interview w/ Jesse Moynihan

Gunterfan's updated Season 7 production notes
And now a Season 8 one too (not much yet)

The new stuff (check the tumblr post for source links):
  • The season will kick off with the episode “Bad Jubbies”, which is the stop-motion episode; it will air sometime in the Fall (July 10)
  • Me-Mow will return (July 10)
  • Rebecca Sugar wrote a new Marceline song for the “Stakes” miniseries, called “Everything Stays”, furthermore, the miniseries will air around Halloween-time (July 10)
  • King of Ooo posted this poster, which i’m assuming references the upcoming miniseries (July 11)
  • King of Ooo leaks a storyboard panel with a tag that implies that Kris Mukai will be a board artist for the miniseries (July 13)
  • Adam Muto confirms that there will be another Fionna and Cake episode is season 7 (July 14)
  • According to Adam Muto, season 7 will be Jesse Moynihan’s last (July 17)
  • Steve Wolfhard reveals that many more lore-based questions will be answered in season 7 (July 22)
  • King of Ooo posted a storyboard panel, showing BMO looking something like a cowboy; it was boarded by Seo Kim (Jul 30)
  • Luke Pearson notes that he worked on two episodes with Emily Partridge (date unknown, discovered Aug. 1)
  • Adam Muto confirms multiple times that Flame Princess will be back (Aug. 4)

Miniseries "Stakes" poster that was revealed at SDCC and uploaded to King of Ooo:
Will we finally see how half-demon Marceline became Marceline the Vampire Queen?

Hopefully the large hiatus between seasons allows them to focus the show a bit more, the last 2 seasons had a lot of great episodes, but overall it was all over the place and a lot of setup amounted to nothing which was really disappointing and a lot of the character driven episodes didn't excite me either.I know a lot of that is due to the fall out from the original movie, but still could have been done much better. I'm really happy with what I'm hearing about the next season though, especially the Marcy mini series and I want that poster really bad.

Psxphile

Ooh, let me add one more bullet point to Season 7:

• Olivia Olson revealed that her and Hynden Walch recorded an episode together the other day (c. August 2015); that “Everything Stays” is the big finale song for the miniseries; that “Stakes” will reveal a lot of Marceline backstory; and it will be a great friendship series between Finn, Jake, Marceline, and PB and will strengthen their relationship as a foursome (Aug. 5)

excite

Source is this podcast. Check out the other Conversation Parade podcasts too, lots of interesting behind-the-scenes info on the show as revealed by the people who work on it!

Tuck

Hopefully the large hiatus between seasons allows them to focus the show a bit more, the last 2 seasons had a lot of great episodes, but overall it was all over the place and a lot of setup amounted to nothing which was really disappointing and a lot of the character driven episodes didn't excite me either.I know a lot of that is due to the fall out from the original movie, but still could have been done much better. I'm really happy with what I'm hearing about the next season though, especially the Marcy mini series and I want that poster really bad.

The season 6 finale really lowered my hype for the next season. I'm just finding it hard to care. I'm sure that'll go away once it starts airing. I still love the show. I just hope they never decide to build a finale up like that again if they have no intention of doing anything meaningful with it. I also hope they don't dedicate a huge chunk of a season to side characters like they did in season 6. Besides that, I've loved the last two seasons.

Servbot24

Banned
The season 6 finale really lowered my hype for the next season. I'm just finding it hard to care. I'm sure that'll go away once it starts airing. I still love the show. I just hope they never decide to build a finale up like that again if they have no intention of doing anything meaningful with it. I also hope they don't dedicate a huge chunk of a season to side characters like they did in season 6. Besides that, I've loved the last two seasons.

Yeah, AT should really not do dramatic build ups like that at all. Lore reveals are cool, but they should be incidental, not the focus.

Tuck

Yeah, AT should really not do dramatic build ups like that at all. Lore reveals are cool, but they should be incidental, not the focus.

I actually liked the build up. Maybe it could have been over a larger course of time like they did with the first Lich arc, but I did like the buildup (Aside from Orgalorgs somewhat lazy introduction). It was entirely the payoff I took issue with.

Completely agree, but I sill have some faith in the next season, but if that continues the decline (I really hope it doesn't and it seems to be getting back on track from what we're hearing) Steven Universe might have to take first place as my favorite airing cartoon.

Hamlet

I actually liked the build up. Maybe it could have been over a larger course of time like they did with the first Lich arc, but I did like the buildup (Aside from Orgalorgs somewhat lazy introduction). It was entirely the payoff I took issue with.

Yeah the payoff was a tad lacking for me also. Though i'm still pretty exited for the new season as everything i'm hearing about it sounds great. Also with Orgalorg he was apparently the villain for the cancelled TV movie. So they tried to reinsert him/her back into the show which lead to those so so results.

Yeah the payoff was a tad lacking for me also. Though i'm still pretty exited for the new season as everything i'm hearing about it sounds great. Also with Orgalorg he was apparently the villain for the cancelled TV movie. So they tried to reinsert him/her back into the show which lead to those so so results.

I kinda hope they at least use Orgalorg as a vessel to introduce larger, scarier, more grand villans into the show, like "Wow there really are much bigger things out there" cosmic threats in the show that mattered could be really cool. The Lich was also a really awesome villan and one of my all time favorites, he was just completely creepy and sinister and some of the things he pulled off within the show we're pretty messed up (Wearing billy's skin for example) so I was really dissapointed when they turned him into sweet pea, and at this point I don't see him truly coming back with how much attention they've given Sweet Pea, unless they plan to seperate them. Adventure Time needs some real over arching villans that aren't Ice King,

KiN0

I kinda hope they at least use Orgalorg as a vessel to introduce larger, scarier, more grand villans into the show, like "Wow there really are much bigger things out there" cosmic threats in the show that mattered could be really cool. The Lich was also a really awesome villan and one of my all time favorites, he was just completely creepy and sinister and some of the things he pulled off within the show we're pretty messed up (Wearing billy's skin for example) so I was really dissapointed when they turned him into sweet pea, and at this point I don't see him truly coming back with how much attention they've given Sweet Pea, unless they plan to seperate them. Adventure Time needs some real over arching villans that aren't Ice King,

Ehhh, the show has consistently failed all its attempts to build any kind of overarching storyline. I'd rather they drop the pretense of villains all together and just go back to adventuring through Ooo.

FoxSpirit

That's easy, the guy who killed magic man's wife. Manyeyed debourer of reality. And about sweet pea, thanks to the King of Oo, a part of him.... awoke.

Also, season 6 was totally bazoops. Totally radical plot development and craaaaaazy revelations.

Not reading all those points for season 7, want to go in totally blank. It's cool, I trust those guys to make something fun. If this series ever ends, we will propably get a movie to tie everything up. Or if they know in advance a season would be the last, that would be even better. And sadder.

This series end will be like the One Piece manga ending, a part of my life, closed. :-\

That's easy, the guy who killed magic man's wife. Manyeyed debourer of reality. And about sweet pea, thanks to the King of Oo, a part of him.... awoke.

Also, season 6 was totally bazoops. Totally radical plot development and craaaaaazy revelations.

Not reading all those points for season 7, want to go in totally blank. It's cool, I trust those guys to make something fun. If this series ever ends, we will propably get a movie to tie everything up. Or if they know in advance a season would be the last, that would be even better. And sadder.

This series end will be like the One Piece manga ending, a part of my life, closed. :-

As much as I would like to see them end Sweet Pea to bring back the Lich, I think "killing" a child to bring him back would be way too dark for the show unless they split them. But I do agree having Manyeyed become a major player would be cool, he might be an end game character though considering he's been foreshadowed a couple times now.

Epcott

So, Season 7 premier next week September 24th? Just saw a promotion today for new Thursday, AT was included in the line up.

Psxphile

So, Season 7 premier next week September 24th? Just saw a promotion today for new Thursday, AT was included in the line up.

Really? That can't be right, I *just* saw the new Thursday promo on TV and it only advertised new episodes of Steven Universe and Total Drama.

vypek

Really? That can't be right, I *just* saw the new Thursday promo on TV and it only advertised new episodes of Steven Universe and Total Drama.

Just looked at my DVR schedule, it says the same thing. Actually there is something else new called "Wabbit"? But I don't see Adventure Time airing at all.

Epcott

Bah! I was actually excited. Not looking forward to Wabbit. Nothing beats Looney Tunes Show's Daffy and Bugs chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom