• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

That... ended up a lot differently than I was expecting. Was not expecting the comet. Was not expecting a crazy penguin backstory.

My gawd.

Tuck

Only thing I wasn't big on was the
aliens
art style. Felt like I was watching some other show. Didn't really match AT's distinctive art style imo.

Defect

Since Hoots, I was thinking the disco ball in Finns's dream represented the comet and Gunther took it away. So maybe Orgalorg is going to absorb the power of the comet again?

Raxus

Since Hoots, I was thinking the disco ball in Finns's dream represented the comet and Gunther took it away. So maybe Orgalorg is going to absorb the power of the comet again?

Seems we have 4 parties vying for the power of the comet. The Lich, Finn's Dad, Finn, and Orgalorg and Orgalorg seems to take it while Finn is distracted with his dad and the Lich. That is assuming a lot though.

Tuck

ZHDULjT.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit - looks like Gunter has been around one hell of a long time.

ChouGoku

I was always wondering if the Gunter being super evil thing that Hunson said was a joke or were they going to tie it in. Also great episode, I really thought this was going to be a filler episode by the way it started, I was getting kind of mad
Guess that explains the prophetic dream.

I have to watch that one again, it should make way more sense now.
Edit: I forget about Pepermint Butler, I wonder what he is about to do. And Jake is going to be the hero in this story, I just know it

Jeez, the entire part where Gunther's brain was outside of its head was pretty damn creepy. I do have to agree, though, that this episode took too long to get to the point. And that the part with the aliens didn't really work.

Banzai

That sure was surprising. Not sure if introducing another villain right now was necessary though. Let's see where it goes.

Psxphile

So Orgalorg has a vested interest in seeing the Candy Kingdom fall? Maybe trying to tilt the playing field in its favor? Does PB know about the Catalyst Comet too, making her a threat?

PolishQ

Cute episode. Apart from LSP mentally breaking down of course. That Racoon/LSP sure was harsh. “Haha just accept that you’re garbage”

The talking raccoon was totally a Princess Mononoke reference. Same deep voice, same non-matching lip sync.

They still haven't addressed Jake's nightosphere origin again this season, and it doesn't sound like any of the upcoming finale episodes is gonna address it either.

Servbot24

Banned
They still haven't addressed Jake's nightosphere origin again this season, and it doesn't sound like any of the upcoming finale episodes is gonna address it either.

i don't get why people want this show to be lost meets marvel. just let it be fun and freewheeling.

Tuck

^Lol yeah it was quite the bait-and-switch.

Another episode in 4 min. The only question is... am I going to get called down for dinner and miss it? Hope not.

Lucario

Holy fuck, I hate Martin.

Every time it seems like he's showing remorse or growing as a character, he just does something even more fucked up. He's like an extreme portrayal of a narcissist. Poor Finn, I hope he doesn't have to deal with that fuckup for much longer.

Martin thinking "glob was rewarding him" when he lucked out kind of reminded me of LSP's "I deserve this" in Be Sweet. The difference is, LSP still can feel guilt and remorse for her failures, even if she doesn't really change. Martin just gets everything handed to him and genuinely believes he earned and deserves it.

Zomba13

I like that they are consistent with Martin being an utter shitbag. Would be weird for him to finally show some goodness to a random cute alien/creature he meets and not his son. He's a shitbag, always has been and always will.

lewisgone

Just saw Orgalorg. Party scenes and the sleeping gas cheesecake were pretty fun but I have a thing about exposed brain, it's so gross. I've seen this show get some shit for "filler" in the recent couple seasons, but I vastly prefer a regular episode where nothing of consequence happens to something like that, where we got at least a couple minutes of straight exposition. Might be necessary for the show's story in the long run, but doesn't make for a very fun episode.

I don't know what the ratings are like for the show, but anecdotally people seem to be talking about AT way less recently which is a big shame as in my opinion it has never been better creatively. Massive props to Cartoon Network for letting the writers do their own thing after the show blew up. This season has seen episodes like "Breezy", "The Tower" and "The Mountain" which leave me thinking about them way after the episodes have ended and I would never have thought could come out of the same show I was watching in Season 1. Lemongrab getting hot spice in his eye was all very funny, but now he's talking about concepts like ego death after getting blown up for running a dictatorship. And yet I find the show funnier than ever...if anything the humour has become way more unique and subtle. This has been a bit of a ramble but just wanted to post something positive for a change. I always get a little frustrated when I see a good episode and all people have to say about it is that it didn't contribute to the overall show's storyline.

Servbot24

Banned
^ for real. adventure time should never be reduced to some comic book plot-driven thing. those eps are nice once in a while but only as a spice for the main menu.

TheOGB

Banned
Lost track of time earlier and had to catch the west coast broadcast just now, but I love how every episode with Martin in it can be summarised with any variation of "Martin is a self-serving prick."

The Hermit

I wanted for them to go "deeper" on The plot, but its so damn dark I am kinda regretting.

Its basically a long bad trip, It feels like that game Eversion.

And the last episode I felt awful, Martin (fucker even has my name) sold a specie's only resource of food and in the end killed it just to escape.

I feel kinda bad about kids watching this show

Luigi87

I wanted for them to go "deeper" on The plot, but its so damn dark I am kinda regretting.

Its basically a long bad trip, It feels like that game Eversion.

And the last episode I felt awful, Martin (fucker even has my name) sold a specie's only resource of food and in the end killed it just to escape.

I feel kinda bad about kids watching this show

All the episodes that have come out this week have been pretty damn dark. Between the raccoon in Be Sweet, and Gunther's brain in Orgalorg, I'd be pretty scarred if I were a child.

NEO0MJ

Fucking Martin. Scoundrel to the end. Though it was nice seeing that he can hold his own for a bit.

Also, you guys have to give him credit. he was willing to be bait in order to help Koala escape, until he found out that it wasn't him they were after.

Fucking Martin. Scoundrel to the end. Though it was nice seeing that he can hold his own for a bit.

Also, you guys have to give him credit. he was willing to be bait in order to help Koala escape, until he found out that it wasn't him they were after.
He could have thrown a piece of fruit (or whatever that barrel was filled with) and then run as he did while Martin II stayed inside waiting for an opportunity to leave. So I think his dialog after throwing him was just more self-serving ego stroking than genuine, self-sacrificing heroism.

NEO0MJ

He could have thrown a piece of fruit (or whatever that barrel was filled with) and then run as he did while Martin II stayed inside waiting for an opportunity to leave. So I think his dialog after throwing him was just more self-serving ego stroking than genuine, self-sacrificing heroism.

Oh, no doubt about it. Still, he was willing to take some risk.

Psxphile

The real #Finnale starts here.

Title card:
tumblr_npg9xvGuiE1t0t09yo1_540.png

King of Ooo

Promo pics:
tumblr_npgh2xhFsc1rwtssmo2_r1_540.png

Wolfhard

tumblr_npgfu8mmTU1t0t09yo1_540.jpg

Friday at 6PM is the final 2 episodes of Adventure Time Season 6. The First part, “Hot Diggity Doom” was boarded by Tom Herpich and Steve Wolfhard. The second part “The Comet” was boarded by myself and Andy Ristaino. It’s the only board I ever did with Andy. It’s also Andy’s last board. He left the show for a while to work on personal projects, which is something I hope to do in the future as well.

I’m really glad I got to do this board with Andy. He’s a chill dude and we connect a lot about psychedelic visual designs and scenarios.

I hope y’all enjoy this two part collision of motifs and themes we’ve been working with for a while. I believe Season 6, more so than previous seasons, will be more illuminating when viewed as a whole.

-Jesse

Hm, no title card for The Comet yet. Too spoilery? Or just maybe later...

Man, I just can't seem to get into Adventure Time anymore. I used to LOVE the show and rewatched the episodes of the first three seasons all the time with friends. Now, I can barely watch the new ones. :/

KiN0

Man, I just can't seem to get into Adventure Time anymore. I used to LOVE the show and rewatched the episodes of the first three seasons all the time with friends. Now, I can barely watch the new ones. :/

Same. I was really excited about Finn bomb but every episode has left me cold. I just don't care anymore.

Sadsic

Same. I was really excited about Finn bomb but every episode has left me cold. I just don't care anymore.

i think its mostly because the show seems to have moved away from being character based and has moved more into straight up psychedelia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom