• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
No happy endings for anyone at this point.
The Ice King is forever cursed, the Candy people are going to turn against PB (it's already started with Starchy), the Candy Kingdom is doomed to fall.
The last two episodes are just hitting us over the head with it.

Yeah, PB's weird Orwellian society wasn't going to last.
I'm curious what happened to Finn and Jake though in the future.

KiN0

Even though the experimental episodes still bore me to death, the slow build up to the bleak future that's been hinted at repeatedly has made this season incredibly enjoyable. I really want to see if the show will go out on a dark note.

Psxphile

tumblr_nodjdqIGO01sqv60so1_540.png

Tick-tock, Finn.

I really don't trust them to revisit the arm thing well. Heck, with the ramping up of hints towards Ooo's bad future, I'm expecting they'll do a story where it seems like the bad future will happen but then everything returns to normal.

Tuck

I really don't trust them to revisit the arm thing well. Heck, with the ramping up of hints towards Ooo's bad future, I'm expecting they'll do a story where it seems like the bad future will happen but then everything returns to normal.

I'm worried about this too. Time and time again they build up to awesome stuff happening only to return to the status quo within a few episodes. I'd label it as the show's biggest weakness, I think.

Servbot24

Banned
Fans tend to get super invested and read into details when a lot of the times the creators are just goofing around and having fun on a whim.

Stulaw

I think Gunter is the
main enemy that will end up destroying everything as it currently is, she has evil inside her and she likes to break things I also think she obviously knew who Cosmic Owl was and manipulated him to her advantage.

I think the reason
Martin and Sweet P will disappear is because of the Lich's reawakening, but I think it'll be Gunter that ends it all (which is why she takes the disco ball from the ceiling, showing that it's the end of the "party" or "good times"), and it will happen just as Finn finally gets to know his Dad.

Anyway, fun episode, the Cosmic Owl making multiple things come true just to
meet and please Gunter is obviously the trigger for the apocalyptic future it's only a matter of time before it happens. I think the clocks on the Bear are signs of when this will start to happen, maybe the first will be in 7-8 episodes ( 7 or 8 o'clock on the front of the bear) and then his arm will finally reveal it's use (the thorn) or be chopped off around then.

I'm probably reading way too much into things.

Alastor3

im fairly new to Adventure Time, where can I watch the first season in HD ? Youtube have a video but it's 5 hours long and I have a hard that loading the video

KiN0

Fans tend to get super invested and read into details when a lot of the times the creators are just goofing around and having fun on a whim.

There's nothing wrong with the the animators goofing off. It's just difficult to take their storytelling seriously. As one poster has said, the show has made a habit of undoing major events after a few episodes. How can I invest in the build up when I know nothing is going to come of it?

Servbot24

Banned

D:

There's nothing wrong with the the animators goofing off. It's just difficult to take their storytelling seriously. As one poster has said, the show has made a habit of undoing major events after a few episodes. How can I invest in the build up when I know nothing is going to come of it?

I don't think AT was ever really intended to be a show where you become heavily invested in the plot. That's an aspect that rose up unexpectedly. I don't really hold them to the standards of a serialized drama.

I do understand where you're coming from though.

All this foreshadowing of 'bad PB' and insinuations that she may become the shows villain undone in one by Gunther of all characters.
Feels like a Finn's arm cop-out all over again.

It's why I've kinda bailed out of the show after the arm arc at the start of the season.

There is nothing wrong with having non-story episodes and non-lore heavy arcs, but if you are going to have major plot elements keep them constant in the story and frame the other sub-plots around it.

Don't just have a major event and fix it right away.

I just feel like they missed the boat and now they are trying to have it both ways.

Okay so I've been gone and without tv access for awhile. Can someone tell me all the episodes I've missed since August of last year? I need to catch up but I can't even remember the last episode I watched.

Tuck

I disagree. They have to commit. They can't have it both ways.

Okay so I've been gone and without tv access for awhile. Can someone tell me all the episodes I've missed since August of last year? I need to catch up but I can't even remember the last episode I watched.

Well...

15 "Nemesis" August 7, 2014
16 "Joshua & Margaret Investigations" August 14, 2014
17 "Ghost Fly" October 28, 2014
18 "Everything's Jake" November 24, 2014
19 "Is That You?" November 25, 2014
20 "Jake the Brick" November 26, 2014
21 "Dentist" November 28, 2014
22 "The Cooler" December 4, 2014
23 "The Pajama War" January 8, 2015
24 "Evergreen" January 15, 2015
25 "Astral Plane" January 22, 2015
26 "Gold Stars" January 29, 2015
27 "The Visitor" February 5, 2015
28 "The Mountain" February 12, 2015
29 "Dark Purple" February 19, 2015
30 "The Diary" February 26, 2015
31 "Walnuts & Rain" March 5, 2015
32 "Friends Forever" April 16, 2015
33 "Jermaine" April 23, 2015
34 "Chips & Ice Cream" April 30, 2015
35 "Graybles 1000+" May 7, 2015
36 "Hoots" May 14, 2015

Well...

15 "Nemesis" August 7, 2014
16 "Joshua & Margaret Investigations" August 14, 2014
17 "Ghost Fly" October 28, 2014
18 "Everything's Jake" November 24, 2014
19 "Is That You?" November 25, 2014
20 "Jake the Brick" November 26, 2014
21 "Dentist" November 28, 2014
22 "The Cooler" December 4, 2014
23 "The Pajama War" January 8, 2015
24 "Evergreen" January 15, 2015
25 "Astral Plane" January 22, 2015
26 "Gold Stars" January 29, 2015
27 "The Visitor" February 5, 2015
28 "The Mountain" February 12, 2015
29 "Dark Purple" February 19, 2015
30 "The Diary" February 26, 2015
31 "Walnuts & Rain" March 5, 2015
32 "Friends Forever" April 16, 2015
33 "Jermaine" April 23, 2015
34 "Chips & Ice Cream" April 30, 2015
35 "Graybles 1000+" May 7, 2015
36 "Hoots" May 14, 2015

Phew. That's a lot of episodes to catch up on. Thanks.

KiN0

I disagree. They have to commit. They can't have it both ways.
That's exactly the problem I have with the show. The writers don't seem to have the desire commit to a story but they still want to tell one anyway despite the fact that they build up these grand events only to fake out at the last minute. They just need to realize that these constant resets to make it hard to put any gravity into their story.

Servbot24

Banned
That's exactly the problem I have with the show. The writers don't seem to have the desire commit to a story but they still want to tell one anyway despite the fact that they build up these grand events only to fake out at the last minute. They just need to realize that these constant resets to make it hard to put any gravity into their story.

I dunno. Stuff like the arm I don't have a problem with. They had a couple episodes about not having an arm, that ran its course, so they had an episode about getting the arm back. I don't think that Finn permanently not having an arm would have really deepened the story in any way.

That said, keep in mind that the writers often play the long game. We still have random seldom-mentioned things from early seasons that come back and play a big story role (such as Gunter being evil). The replacement arm, Finn's dad, all that stuff could easily show up later.

Psxphile

Okay, now that there's confirmation I can post an actual reply to this thread:

tumblr_inline_nooe059g2o1sqh0k8_500.png

King of Ooo

There it is. CN is having a "Finn Bomb" week of several premiere episodes to wrap up Season 6 with a bang, starting Monday June 1st. As has been speculated before, it appears the (real) comet will be making its grand (re)entrance.

Hamlet

Okay, now that there's confirmation I can post an actual reply to this thread:

tumblr_inline_nooe059g2o1sqh0k8_500.png

King of Ooo

There it is. CN is having a "Finn Bomb" week of several premiere episodes to wrap up Season 6 with a bang, starting Monday June 1st. As has been speculated before, it appears the (real) comet will be making its grand (re)entrance.

Six episodes in one week neato. It's going to be fun.
giphy.gif

Sucks i might not be able to watch them :( will be out of the country. Heading to Honduras. Does anyone know anyway i can watch this? i will have Internet over there so yea

Psxphile

Magic Man's hat but with a neat little bow? Will we finally get some deets on Margles?
EDIT: I like how the first letter of each day in the latter half of the week is WTF... I like to think that's our collective state of mind as we go into the final stretch.

Week of episodes. Cool. For some reason I thought the comet story was done already.

Understandable. They did an entire episode building up to the comet arriving early, and it turned out to just be Finn's dad in a spaceship. This is apparently the real deal, which I don't believe has been foreshadowed to be arriving soon in the episodes after the one with Finn's dad.

Psxphile

Pools, you say...

tumblr_nouh9xTHjQ1qliqrqo1_540.jpg

Jesse Moynihan
I’m posting this way early because I made it just now and I’m too excited to wait. The week of June 1 will premier new eps of Adventure Time every night, ending with the 2 part season FINNALE on Friday. The week starts off with this ep that I seeded the idea of and boarded solo.

I figure it’ll be best if I don’t talk about what’s up with this episode, so I made this drawing with a lot of stuff to chew on.

More than a week away. Since Jesse's doing this solo you can bet it's going to be mind-trippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom