• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more promo art.

IasXdRy.png

Thorny's back.

Hamlet

KiN0

It's just nice to see the writers picking up things that I assumed they would just sweep under the rug. Has the show been renewed for a 7th season or is there going to be a movie?

Psxphile

It's just nice to see the writers picking up things that I assumed they would just sweep under the rug. Has the show been renewed for a 7th season or is there going to be a movie?

Both. Also a mini-series, though that just might be an extended arc slotted into Season 7.

abundant

FYI to anyone using a DVR, the schedule on my receiver (Direct TV) is incorrect, so if you have AT set on a season pass, you may want to check on that.

Hamlet

Great start to finnale. Poor Betty, trying to save Simon and now she's become the new Magic Man. Wonder how the Ice King will react to her new state if she stays that way.
Also loved Tiny Manticore. Happy to see him make a return.

tumblr_npbcw88GCs1qikhaoo1_1280.jpg

Be Sweet promo by writer/storyboard artist Seo Kim
premieres Tuesday, June 2nd at 6/5c on Cartoon Network
new episode tonight
kingofooo/seokim

Tuck

Betty :(

Finally got Magic Man's backstory. Pretty good. The fact that magic is basically inherently evil is pretty interesting.

NEO0MJ

Great start to finnale. Poor Betty, trying to save Simon and now she's become the new Magic Man. Wonder how the Ice King will react to her new state if she stays that way.

It would be funny for Betty to cure Simon but he's greeted with the same madness he had. Actually, it's much worse, and far more destructive. Magic man was like top 3 magic users in the show and by far the cruelest, in that he did what he did for no reason other than to make people's lives miserable.

Einbroch

Banned
Anyone have the Blu-Rays? How are they?

I've been meaning to get into this show and figured I'd check out the first season on Blu-Ray.

Anyone have the Blu-Rays? How are they?

I've been meaning to get into this show and figured I'd check out the first season on Blu-Ray.

It's been a bit since I watched mine but I remember them looking pretty good, not as incredible looking as Disney's animation on blu-ray but still really good. The really disappointing part if you care about sound is that they only have a mediocre compressed 2.0 audio track.

But I mean they're like $20 a season on blu-ray, totally worth it.

Raxus

Next Finn Bomb in less than 30.

Taking bets that LSP will inadvertently revives Lich and, in turn, brings about an apocolypse vote now.

WOW! That was fast, the votes are in!

(0) No
(1000) OH GLOB OH GLOB WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Well that isn't good...

zeemumu

Kind of seems like it. What were the three things: magic, madness, sadness?

So maybe all magic users have some variation of wizard eyes, or the magic feeds on their subconscious constructing specialized types of madness based off of the user's own personality.

Tuck

They're really teasing this comet, huh? I don't think anime finale has had so much build up.

Episode was alright - I was hoping for some Lich stuff like the last sweet p episode. Not amazing.

I really wonder why they did that fake out with the comet earlier. It makes no sense at all dramatically. Like, Glob being killed was a big moment, and it should have been used with the real comet. Now they have to go through the process of hyping up the comet all over again.

Episode was eh.

I notice that no one talked about the May 21 new episode, "Water Park Prank". That was also eh, and unlike other guest episodes, the art style didn't add anything at all.

Psxphile

tumblr_npcdadR1UQ1uq8fseo2_400.gif

Purple comet, tell me your secrets.

I notice that no one talked about the May 21 new episode, "Water Park Prank". That was also eh, and unlike other guest episodes, the art style didn't add anything at all.
It had leaked a week earlier, and didn't really go anywhere. There was literally nothing to discuss.

On coming up with #FINNALE:
Comet Boyz, you say...

Finn was a comet, once.
And now Sweet Pea says he's a comet boy in his sleep.

Hamlet

Cute episode. Apart from LSP mentally breaking down of course. That Racoon/LSP sure was harsh. “Haha just accept that you’re garbage”

It would be funny for Betty to cure Simon but he's greeted with the same madness he had. Actually, it's much worse, and far more destructive. Magic man was like top 3 magic users in the show and by far the cruelest, in that he did what he did for no reason other than to make people's lives miserable.

Maybe they'll pair up again and become the mightiest magic couple in the land of Ooo. Nothing will be able to stop that crazy/magic power duo. Though I really do hope Betty finds a way out of her predicament. Would be quite sad if she was to stay this way.

vypek

So maybe all magic users have some variation of wizard eyes, or the magic feeds on their subconscious constructing specialized types of madness based off of the user's own personality.

Thats a good theory. You might be right.

As for the latest episode, I didn't really like it. Probably cause I really dislike Sweet P and LSP is generally hit or miss.

NEO0MJ

Episode was alright - I was hoping for some Lich stuff like the last sweet p episode. Not amazing.

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that.

I really wonder why they did that fake out with the comet earlier. It makes no sense at all dramatically. Like, Glob being killed was a big moment, and it should have been used with the real comet. Now they have to go through the process of hyping up the comet all over again.

It was probably more about the characters in the show. Glob was so afraid of the comet hitting them that he sacrificed himself, which shows how much of a cataclysm the comet is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom