• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! |OT| A Boy and His Dog

faFWI.jpg

• Developer: WayForward Technologies
  • Publisher: D3Publisher
  • Platforms: Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS
  • Release Date: November 20th, 2012

2EQCO.jpg

In the first licensed Adventure Time video game, Finn and Jake wake up one morning to find their trash stolen by the Ice King. Jake couldn't care less about half-eaten bananas, crumpled up burrito wrappers, and old chicken diapers – but when they find out the Ice King is using their stolen goods to construct a Garbage Princess, the heroes embark on a fantastical adventure to teach him a lesson! Journey through the Land of Ooo in an offbeat adventure and discover perilous dungeons and unimaginable treasures, while playing as Finn and Jake in an action-adventure experience.

yD5wX.jpg

tC9k8.png

Finn is the totally mathematical adventure-seeking hero of the post-apocalyptic fantasy land of Ooo. Surprisingly competent for a boy of 14, Finn proves time and time again that whether the kingdom is being threatened by Hunson Abadeer, the Lord of All Evil, the Great & Powerful Lich, or the bumbling Lemongrab, he's the one keeping the princesses safe from danger.

rgCXv.png

Jake the magical dog is Finn's mellow (if a bit quirky) adoptive brother. Utilizing his amazing stretching and shapeshifting power, Jake is the best friend a brave hero could ask for.

pB0Ym.png

The Ice King, Finn and Jake's self-proclaimed archnemesis, used to be an ordinary archaeologist named Simon Petrikov until he stumbled upon an enchanted crown that corrupted his mind and granted him control over ice and snow. Living in his Ice Palace with his legion of penguins (all named Gunter), his incompetent nature causes him to be treated as a nuisance rather than a threat.

Full list of characters appearing in the game (read at your own risk!):

• BMO
  • Ice King
  • Gunter
  • Princess Bubblegum
  • Lady Rainicorn
  • Key-per
  • Tree Trunks
  • Slime Princess
  • Wildberry Princess
  • Emerald Princess
  • Lumpy Space Princess
  • Marceline
  • Worm King (character)
  • Mr. Pig
  • Dr. Ice Cream
  • Dr. Princess
  • Flambo
  • Mushroom Mayor
  • Mountain Man
  • Worms
  • Bears
  • Cosmic Owl
  • Cinnamon Bun
  • Muscle Princess
  • Flame Princess
  • Earl of Lemongrab
  • Lemongrab 2
  • Choose Goose
  • Phil
  • Death
  • Rock
  • Guy
  • Mushroom Guy
  • Skeleton Princess
  • Princess Beautiful
  • Pan
  • Rainy
  • Desert Princess
  • Hot Dog Princess
  • Bongo
  • Banana Guard
  • Water Princess
  • Peppermint Butler
  • Turtle Princess
  • Ghost Princess
  • Cotton Candy Princess
  • Raggedy Princess
  • Billy
  • Candy Cane Guy
  • Mr. Goose
  • Forest Wizard
  • Dumb Rock
  • Maxwell
  • Sign Zombies
  • Brad
  • Donny
  • Mannish Man
  • Neptr
  • Mr. Cupcake
  • Dr. Donut
  • Duke of Nuts
  • Princess Lizard
  • Goblins
  • Starchy
  • DS Lite BMO
  • Bear
  • Farmworld Finn
  • Farmworld Jake
  • Lily
  • The Witch
  • Sr. Turtle
  • Booko
  • Kaliente Butler
  • Mini Queen
  • Magician Man
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Gumball Guardians
  • Banana Man

Bosses (again, SPOILER ALERT!):

Ricardio
Xergiok
Giant Bear
Swamp Giant
Science Cat
Gary
Penny
Worm King (character)
Fire Count
Gunter
Hunson Abadeer
Flame King
Flame King (again)
The Lich
Door Lord
Ice King

sfAbi.jpg

Adventure Time: HIKWYSOG uses a Zelda II: Adventure of Link style of gameplay. The player navigates a top-down view while exploring one of the game's four kingdom overworlds (the Grass, Candy, Red Rock and Ice Kingdoms), but switches to a 2D sidescrolling action platformer once the player enters a dungeon area. In combat, players must utilize a combination of Finn's sword slashes and item-specific techniques and Jake's stretchiness and shapeshifting. Between dungeons, special minigames and bonus features are accessible through BMO (the duo's sentient game console buddy).

Ybxpq.jpg

2eyoA.jpg

kNP2I.jpg

x2X7L.jpg

HsrIF.jpg

lNHGF.jpg

5V6ue.png

UVdMf.jpg

iKvA3.png

Teaser Trailer

Gameplay Trailer #1

Gameplay Trailer #2

Opening Song

Adventure Time Season 5 Official NeoGAF Thread

Reviews:

GamesRadar (3.5/5)

The Hermit

Yes! I hope this game is as good as the show...

And that colectors edition, oh my!

EDIT: way to shit the first post Boney :/

Amir0x

Banned
I thought Word Assassin would get this, heh.

Other than the weird doors not really melding well with the background art, I am anticipating this. They said Zelda 2 is the inspiration, so hopefully it can't be anything but great

Platy

Awesome OP !

Only misses the Opening Song

Still can't believe how it will come out for 3ds AND ds ... was there any other game besides Twilight Princess that had a release like this ?

GooeyHeat

Awesome OP !

Only misses the Opening Song

Still can't believe how it will come out for 3ds AND ds ... was there any other game besides Twilight Princess that had a release like this ?

I think Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 had a PS1 and a PS2 version.

Anyway, I for one am excited for Zelda 2 With Finn And Jake.

I hope the music in those two gameplay trailers isn't indicative of the game's soundtrack. They sound like crap compared to the cartoon's.

Edit: Just heard the theme song. I'm pretty sure this is Motion City Soundtrack? Awesome.

The Hermit

I thought Word Assassin would get this, heh.

Other than the weird doors not really melding well with the background art, I am anticipating this. They said Zelda 2 is the inspiration, so hopefully it can't be anything but great

He is responsible for the OT of the show.
Btw I though the title would be " I floop the pig" ... Eh.

leroidys

Does anyone have a direct link to the collectors edition anywhere? Amazons listing for it just redirects to the normal edition.

Amir0x

Banned
eh im alright with it

have they said anything about differences beyond the 3D effect?

The 3DS version has an entire world not present in the DS version, that apparently adds an extra hour to the gametime.*

just kidding, I have no clue

ant1532

Banned
i was really disappointed in seeing the actual game from pens ideas he was saying years ago and then the concept art he drew. oh well.

@MUWANdo

Banned
eh im alright with it

have they said anything about differences beyond the 3D effect?

The 3DS game has extra music due to there being a little extra space on the cart, but there aren't any major differences, no.

(Tunes are all by Jake Kaufman/virt, as per usual. Most of it is original music, almost no remixes/arrangements from the show.)

Top Bottom