• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! |OT| A Boy and His Dog

I thought Word Assassin would get this, heh.

Other than the weird doors not really melding well with the background art, I am anticipating this. They said Zelda 2 is the inspiration, so hopefully it can't be anything but great

He is responsible for the OT of the show.
Btw I though the title would be " I floop the pig" ... Eh.
Hehehe yeah I just deal with the show. The only thing I really know about the game is that Pen's been heavy involved with it, from story to gameplay. I do have a friend at WayForward but I'm pretty sure she's on the Shantae team. I'm much more informed about the production of the cartoon.

That said, I had the Collector's Edition of this preordered since the second it was announced :D
CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!

And if you meant the title of the S5 OT was gonna be "Of Flooping the Pig" then it was, until we decided to go with something that was more appropriate for the whole of the new season instead of a line from last season.

(Still can not believe there is no "I floop the pig" shirt. They've mined every other friggin' phrase and character.)

Amir0x

Banned
Hehehe yeah I just deal with the show. The only thing I really know about the game is that Pen's been heavy involved with it, from story to gameplay. I do have a friend at WayForward but I'm pretty sure she's on the Shantae team. I'm much more informed about the production of the cartoon.

That said, I had the Collector's Edition of this preordered since the second it was announced :D
CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!

And if you meant the title of the S5 OT was gonna be "Of Flooping the Pig" then it was, until we decided to go with something that was more appropriate for the whole of the new season instead of a line from last season.

(Still can not believe there is no "I floop the pig" shirt. They've mined every other friggin' phrase and character.)

Ah, I just know you as the biggest Adventure Time fan on neoGAF. As a fellow Adventure Time fan, you got mad respect.

I also LOVE that the Enchiridion is a steel book, because my favorite special edition adds are always steel books. I think the sword stylus is funky too though

Double Dragon: Neon. Shudder.

I really liked Neon :/

Best beat-'em-up since Scott Pilgrim vs. The World in my opinion, and a blast to play with friends.

The only bad WayForward game was Thor for DS, but they redeemed themselves with the awesome Aliens: Infestation.

Platy

Island Song is still better.

I have a soft spot for the Fries song and the Oh Bubblegum (yes, it is cheating xD) ... but

The 3DS game has extra music due to there being a little extra space on the cart, but there aren't any major differences, no.

(Tunes are all by Jake Kaufman/virt, as per usual. Most of it is original music, almost no remixes/arrangements from the show.)

They are probably not in the game ... so what can we do in the game's topic ? =P

Chopper

Got a buddy in America picking up that sweet Limited Editon for me (DS). I succumbed to the fact that this will never get a UK release.

Choc

Banned
if the ds game is the same i might just get that

i have an EU and JP 3DS

iwll buy a US one at some point :|

been playing animal crossing jp which is fkn awesome

Tucah

you speak so well
I don't like Wayforward but a Zelda 2 inspired Adventure Time game sounds awesome. I'm so conflicted.

Shaffield

i keep trying to find reasons to convince myself to skip on this

but the list in the OP confirms Flame Princess

so +1 copy sold, goddammit.

Skilletor

Hehe.

I always loved this, although it's not really a "song":

Click for DANCE BUG

I also think Marceline's melancholy/serious songs about her Dad and being herself in the Band episode are fantastic.

Marceline's french fry song is my ring tone. If she had an album, I would buy two. I love her voice.

I have had the CE preordered for awhile now. Can't wait to get it next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I am all about the Adventure Time game.

VICI0US

have my collectors edition pre-ordered, really looking forward to it.

I've absolutely loved contra 4, a boy and his blob wii, aliens infestation, shantae/riskys revenge, and all the "mighty" games. wayforward has yet to let me down

and pendleton ward writing the story/dialogue himself means the game will probably be just as hilarious as the show.

Dishwalla

Banned
Can't wait for this game, it looks awesome.

And I'm not really that big of a fan of the show(though I loved the comic books).

Amir0x

Banned

This song is a total gut punch :(

Marceline's french fry song is my ring tone. If she had an album, I would buy two. I love her voice.

I have had the CE preordered for awhile now. Can't wait to get it next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I am all about the Adventure Time game.

Mathmatical! Yeah I'm definitely going to play this biz

it's going to be super sweet. I love what the french fry song really means, though. It's basically the most frank look at genuine parental neglect, even though it's about something 'funny' (stealing her fries). Think how many shows actually can approach such a subject, especially in the time slot it is. I don't usually hype up deeper meanings and whatnot, but the show is frequently packed with quite adult thematic elements.

The Marceline song between Simon and her is just heart breaking when you consider what it means. Simon basically was her only consolation in the post apocalyptic world; and then he forgot. He was corrupted by the crown and forgot. It's almost like a subversive take on the difficulty of dealing with Alzheimer's with friends and family.

WayForward games look beautiful and are fun, but they often lack depth and longevity. Here's hoping this is their meatiest game yet.

Skilletor

This song is a total gut punch :(

Mathmatical! Yeah I'm definitely going to play this biz

it's going to be super sweet. I love what the french fry song really means, though. It's basically the most frank look at genuine parental neglect, even though it's about something 'funny' (stealing her fries). Think how many shows actually can approach such a subject, especially in the time slot it is. I don't usually hype up deeper meanings and whatnot, but the show is frequently packed with quite adult thematic elements.

The Marceline song between Simon and her is just heart breaking when you consider what it means. Simon basically was her only consolation in the post apocalyptic world; and then he forgot. He was corrupted by the crown and forgot. It's almost like a subversive take on the difficulty of dealing with Alzheimer's with friends and family.

I don't want to spoil up the thread, but I totally agree. Me and a friend have been talking about just how tragic Ice King's character is. Every time we get a flashback or some more insight into his past, I just feel bad for him. It's to the point where it's kind of hard to laugh at him sometimes. :/

The episode that put me over was the one where Finn touched the lamb. And then the double whammy Marceline reveal.

It's so well done.

I don't watch the show but the game has me super interested. I've been pretty anti Wayforward most of the time they've been around but surprisingly, Double Dragon Neon turned me around on them as a studio. Best beat em up I've played in many, many years.

Peagles

YouShop :)
edit: use promocode "kiwibank10", no idea when it expires, but takes 15% off the postage cost.

Sweet! I'm all set up with YouShop (haven't tried it yet though), so will prob go with GameStop.

Nice to know about the code! You put that in on the NZ Post website?

Dwayne

Sweet! I'm all set up with YouShop (haven't tried it yet though), so will prob go with GameStop.

Nice to know about the code! You put that in on the NZ Post website?

Yep. They'll only charge you when the parcel comes to them, so when you're paying for it you put the code in.
I've got $8 Last Story's and $16 Radiant Historia's coming :) Yay YouShop!

toon_link

Oh man I want the CE so bad, but I'm going to be broke from wiiu launch. What do you think the chances are of finding a CE a couple weeks after release?

Tuck

Really curious to see the reaction to this game. The stuff I've seen hasn't looked very good at all, but I want to see everyone's opinions on it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't want to spoil up the thread, but I totally agree. Me and a friend have been talking about just how tragic Ice King's character is. Every time we get a flashback or some more insight into his past, I just feel bad for him. It's to the point where it's kind of hard to laugh at him sometimes. :/

I've watched all the "sad" Ice King episodes...and I don't like them much. :/
I did love how Ice King himself shrugged off the big reveal in the Christmas Episode by going "now you know my secret...I wore glasses!"

I just don't think I can take a character voiced by Tom Kenny seriously though. Not that that's an insult...Kenny is a brilliant voice-actor. His early-work on Spongebob, before he obviously began to phone-in after the movie, was inspired.

Skilletor

I've watched all the "sad" Ice King episodes...and I don't like them much. :/
I did love how Ice King himself shrugged off the big reveal in the Christmas Episode by going "now you know my secret...I wore glasses!"

I just don't think I can take a character voiced by Tom Kenny seriously though. Not that that's an insult...Kenny is a brilliant voice-actor. His early-work on Spongebob, before he obviously began to phone-in after the movie, was inspired.

Different strokes. :)

I find it brilliant. He's gone from an evil character bent on kidnapping princesses to a sympathetic, sad character who not only has a reason for kidnapping the princesses, but a reason behind his madness. That the viewer and Finn have both seen a bit of what the Ice King has seen and other characters haven't just makes it all the more sad. I don't think anybody could classify him as evil now. He's just a sad old man.

I just think it's amazing character development. Especially in a "kid's" show.

What do you think of his other major character, Magic Man? He reminds me of Loki, in that he loves playing nasty tricks on others, yet he was once a decent guy before getting screwed up in the head by tragedy. (Loki's circumstances are different, but still.)

Top Bottom