• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! |OT| A Boy and His Dog

Rootbeer

Banned
I really don't want to be spending more money on games this month after the Wii U and Persona and all that... especially after not seeing one single review for this game yet... argh... but i was lucky enough to get the CE from amazon before it sold out... so I'll let it ship... pleeease... hope this game is worth the money.

This is an all-faith purchase.

Bururian

Well look what I just got tonight.. I'm excited to bust into it and tear the game asunder tonight. The Ice King will know my wrath.

RkmTj.jpg

BMlrm.jpg

The CE is so cool. I really love how the Enchiridion looks once it's out of the packaging.

Bururian

So far the game runs super smooth in 3D. The writing thus far is great, too. On par with the show, everyone acts exactly how they should.

Bururian

I really want to be hyped for this game, but damn, that combat looks so slow and boring. I watch each trailer hoping for something that looks a bit more challenging than one enemy on the screen standing in place or a boss that doesn't move at a snail's pace.

Wait until you hit the second boss. That one was a lot of fun.

Bururian

My CE hasn't even shipped yet, wtf. Tempted to change shipping to one day only.

I walked into my local game store, and they had them. I had it on pre-order on Amazon, so I promptly canceled it and purchased this from them instead. So worth it. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing this for almost another week.

Tenck

Going to hit up a store tomorrow to see if they have the CE one. Estimated delivery is for the 26th. So bad..........

RM8

After Epic Mickey on 3DS being somewhat disappointing (and pre-order breaking...) I'm really hoping this is good. Sadly there's no demo for this :(

Okay. Thing is I only saw a bunch of random episodes outside of the first season (I know) and I don't want the references to be lost on me.

Season 2 needs to come out on DVD, dammit.

Bururian

Okay. Thing is I only saw a bunch of random episodes outside of the first season (I know) and I don't want the references to be lost on me.

Season 2 needs to come out on DVD, dammit.

Out of all the text I've seen so far, There are references, but they shouldn't be lost on you, nothing episode specific is made but there are items you won't recognize if you haven't seen certain episodes.

Bururian

Oh yeah, Your items menu can fill up fast, you can combine condiments on health items, they never go bad or anything, so you can do this to keep freeing up space in the backpack.

Bururian

Argh I want to play this so bad. How is the music so far?

It's great. Love the new theme, and the music for all the different areas have all been good so far. There's what sounds like some Anamanaguchi in some areas, but some areas like the
The Cursed Forest
Can't get enough of it.

getting the collectors edition tomorrow :D

but i kinda don't want to open it lol , must keep it sealed :p

that 2 for $40 deal at toys r us for 3DS games sounds good since this is included, unless im reading it wrong.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Man, the dialogue/text boxes for this game are so half-arsed. Why couldn't they make them look as cool as all the spritework?

bh7812

Banned
I really don't want to be spending more money on games this month after the Wii U and Persona and all that... especially after not seeing one single review for this game yet... argh... but i was lucky enough to get the CE from amazon before it sold out... so I'll let it ship... pleeease... hope this game is worth the money.

This is an all-faith purchase.

Don't I know the feeling! In Sept I spent 400 to pay off my Wii U plus Mario U and I spent 320 yesterday on 6 games for my Wii U so I think I'm done spending for a bit! I DO want to get this game for sure! I had NO clue it's pretty much an RPG! This will probably have to wait till...February it's looking like due to a few things BUT I'll try to see if I can squeeze it in sooner. The sooner the better probably with D3 publishing it. I just wish it'd be on the EShop so I could buy it later and be sure it will be there.

thebeeks

Banned
Man, the dialogue/text boxes for this game are so half-arsed. Why couldn't they make them look as cool as all the spritework?

It might sound crazy, but I was completely ready to preorder this game until I saw the super bland font and text boxes in a trailer a while back.

My theory was if something as minor as text boxes look so slapdash, that might be pretty indicative of the rest of the game's quality.

getting the collectors edition tomorrow :D

but i kinda don't want to open it lol , must keep it sealed :p

that 2 for $40 deal at toys r us for 3DS games sounds good since this is included, unless im reading it wrong.

It would be if any of the other games were worth getting. I would consider Scribblenauts, but I want it for PC, and the rest of the options are rather pitiful. Pity that Paper Mario isn't on the list.

It might sound crazy, but I was completely ready to preorder this game until I saw the super bland font and text boxes in a trailer a while back.

My theory was if something as minor as text boxes look so slapdash, that might be pretty indicative of the rest of the game's quality.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge had about the same quality of text boxes, and it was a great game. From what I've heard, this game is no different.

Bururian

Yeah, that's not true at all. The game is wonderful so far.

Bururian

That's good to hear. Arial Bold plus bland blue text box just gives me this huge 'I made a flash game and put it on Newgrounds' vibe.

Trust me, I understand where you're coming from, but it is not indicative of the quality of the game. the sprite work is so smooth, and the game has absolutely no lag at full 3D. The backgrounds are all hand drawn, and the music is very well done. Combat is slow at first, but it starts to pick up once you get further into the game.

Acrylic7

any reviews yet?

edit- I see this game in the Buy 2 for $40 ToysrUs deal, but I don't know if it is the Collectors edition. Can anyone confirm?

Peagles

Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet. :/

I don't want to make you sad, but the last time I preordered something and it didn't ship on the day, it was because Amazon oversold and was hoping if they ignored me I would go away.

Hopefully this isn't the case for you, hang in there!

Bururian

I don't want to make you sad, but the last time I preordered something and it didn't ship on the day, it was because Amazon oversold and was hoping if they ignored me I would go away.

Hopefully this isn't the case for you, hang in there!

Well, hopefully you get lucky and get the one I canceled tonight.

Top Bottom