• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: The Final Seasons |OT| The Fullmetal Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Ah okay, so much questions after this episode. Why did he tell Betty she had failed??? Mannn so many damn questions!
Didn't fail, she messed up because she shouldn't have even attempted what she wanted to do. It's like a crime or something. Maybe he'll use the wand on her to turn her into stardust like what happened to Jake.

Plus, looks like The Ice Thing arc is starting.

Didn't fail, she messed up because she shouldn't have even attempted what she wanted to do. It's like a crime or something. Maybe he'll use the wand on her to turn her into stardust like what happened to Jake.

Plus, looks like The Ice Thing arc is starting.

Oh I see, thanks. Yes,once I saw one gem of his crown fall I knew it meant an emphasis on him.

Man things are starting to pick up 😯

TheOGB

Banned
So
that Betty-trayalton... potentially stopping the Mushroom War sure had Cosmic Owl and Prismo shook... 🤔

Psxphile

Nice trailer.

Would have been a neat (if spoilery) bit of advertising for the arc. Just saying, CN.

Regarding Magic Betty on Mars: Last season Normal Man returned to Mars and was forgiven and made the new King. He's now in the same position the former King of Mars was: scolding the new Magic Man (Betty) for improper use of her powers.

tumblr_op3c78vxzx1v4j5emo1_500.gif

cute

IronRinn

This was the scene I had questions about:

OzQCl0W.jpg

Is it referencing something specific I'm just forgetting or is it just random Ooo nonsense?

Psxphile

It had a weird focus yeah but you see those kinds of details in backgrounds all the time in AT. Probably shouldn't expect anything from it.

Epcott

I just realized... why didn't LSP's ability revert Gunther to Orgalorg?

And maybe that ability is what made the jewel pop out of IK's crown, because it's begun to change him back to Simon?

Psxphile

I just realized... why didn't LSP's ability revert Gunther to Orgalorg?

And maybe that ability is what made the jewel pop out of IK's crown, because it's begun to change him back to Simon?

There's a Behind-the-Scenes video w/ Adam Muto regarding Elements that, at the end, implies we haven't seen the full extent LSP's effect on Ooo has had:

link

Aizo

Banned
Asking again about Adventure Time comics. Visiting the US again, so I can buy some more. Which ones should I get? Which should I avoid?

Asking again about Adventure Time comics. Visiting the US again, so I can buy some more. Which ones should I get? Which should I avoid?

Depends on your taste and favorite characters. I would recommend Trade Paperbacks [TBPs] of some mini series. The ones I really like are Marceline Goes Adrift, Card Wars, and the Ice King mini.

AT Comic series is also now divided: Adventure Time and Adventure Time Comics. The difference is one being the main comic series carrying small arcs and the other are one-shots with a bunch of different artists! If you look for stand-alone floppies, get ATComics.

Also, not to blow my own whistle, but see if you can get a Marceline Goes Adrift No. 1 Sub Cover [Rock n' Roll Marcie]. I colored that cover!

Aizo

Banned
I already own Marceline Goes Adrift :)

Card Wars is fun I'm sure. I didn't see that. I'll look for it!
I also own all the Spooktaculars.

Pretty much anything about Marceline would be something I want to own.

Someone pointed me to a vinyl release of select music from AT. Made me think again about how crazy it is that there's not been an actual mainstream release of AT music in some form. I know most of the music is pretty short and would need some cleaning up to be proper tracks, but there's been so much of it at this point, I don't know how we've not go an official CD/MP3 release, yet

IronRinn

They changed it recently. Originally we were still on season 8. But they changed what episodes belonged to season 7, 8 and 9 for DVD realease purposes. What you saw on Wikipedia is correct. It's confusing, but yeah, now we are officialy on season 9. But, as far as I know, the total number of episodes left until the end of the series was already determined before this change. So this change is not really a big deal. I read somewhere that we have about 20 episodes left until it ends.
I guess this would explain the episode count on the Season 7 DVD but we better get a Blu-ray, and the Frog Season shorts on one of these physical releases.

Psxphile

Leaving that aside for now... here's something I'd never thought I'd see:

KaBOOM announces an Adventure Time x Regular Show crossover comic mini-series in August.

Come on and grab your friends because it’s an Adventure Time/Regular Show crossover!

KaBOOM! (an imprint of BOOM! Studios) will be launching a comic crossover starting in August. Aptly titled Adventure Time/Regular Show, the series will see Adventure Time‘s Princess Bubblegum send Finn and Jake on a quest to find The Power, the only thing that can save Ooo from the powerful new villain threatening to conquer it. Only there’s one hitch — Regular Show‘s Skips is hiding it.

But when Finn and Jake show up in Mordecai and Rigby’s city on their quest for The Power, it strains an existing tension between the two fun-loving bros. To make matters worse worse, the ensuing trip back to Ooo sparks problems between Finn and Jake, putting two friendships in danger.

Writer Conor McCreery will team up with artist Mattia Di Meo for the series based on two of Cartoon Network’s most beloved shows, both of which have their own ongoing comics. Phil Murphy will be the illustrator.

“Adventure Time and Regular Show are two of the funniest things ever. They are so weird, with a crazy internal logic I love,” McCreery tells EW. “I love stories that jam in a ton, and this book is going to do that. I’ve been trying to sneak in as many references to the shows as possible, while still leaving plenty of space for your favorite pairs of bros and their best friends.”

McCreery notes that the story is going to test both sets of friendships, but it will also make clear how powerful having Rigby, Mordecai, Finn, or Jake as a friend really is.

“Expect a LOT of craziness. Expect a lot of friendship. Expect monsters. Expect punches. Expect patoots. Maybe even expect… Hambonning!” McCreery teases readers. “Plus, how much fun is it to have these guys meet and hang with each other? Oh, and it’s got a totally math new villain!”

Adds editor Whitney Leopard, “This story has two of my favorite shows colliding into one crazy adventure. Everyone should be excited! Conor and Mattia are a great team and each issue has something crazy to offer for every reader.”

Adventure Time/Regular Show will be available for purchase starting in August. You can get an exclusive first look at two of the first issue’s covers below.

If only it were animated.

Psxphile

Suddenly... a title card!

KingOfOoo

Still no word (or leak) of when the show is supposed to return. Doesn't seem to be anything scheduled for at least the next two weeks, but perhaps we'll get a surprise annoucement in the next couple of days, being as how it'll be July tomorrow. Still, KOO blog jumping the gun a bit methinks.

EDIT: there we go
tstLvaT.png

potential incoming bomb

TheOGB

Banned
New episodes confirmed for the week of July 17
tumblr_osqp2dxgfP1t0t09yo1_1280.png

ADVENTURE TIME returns on Monday, July 17th!

FIVE NIGHTS of NEW episodes premiering at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network.

The first episode Abstract will be available early on the CN app on Friday, July 14th

——

ABSTRACT - July 17th

written/storyboarded by Graham Falk & Laura Knetzger

——

KETCHUP - July 18th

written/storyboarded by Seo Kim & Somvilay Xayaphone

with special sequences by guest animators Lindsay & Alex Small-Butera

——

FIONNA AND CAKE AND FIONNA - July 19th

written/storyboarded by Aleks Sennwald & Hanna K Nyström

——

WHISPERS - July 20th

written/storyboarded by Polly Guo & Sam Alden

——

THREE BUCKETS - July 21st

written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

Tuck

Ouch, only 20 episodes left, and 5 are next week.

Getting damn close to the end.

Endings gonna be abrupt as fuck

Psxphile

'nother title card drop:

tumblr_oskunlArBQ1t0t09yo1_1280.png

Ketchup - title card

designed by Somvilay Xayaphone

painted by Joy Ang

premieres Tuesday, July 18th at 7:45/6:45c on Cartoon Network
KingOfOoo

Looks like Marcy's in this one. This is also the episode that will have a specially-animated sequence by the Small-Buteras of Baman-Piderman fame and their last AT work in the Season 7 episode Beyond the Grotto, so expect some extra-special animation.

Are they still doing the movie?
Hard to say at this point. I would just assume they've shelved it for good or even converted it into several episodes that will play out in the final season, but there's literally no word either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom