• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

"Crossover" title card:

tumblr_nzhh11pje71t0t09yo2_1280.png

KingOfOoo

Episode looks purely focused on Finn. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Exotoro

I certainly liked it. I always figured farmworld Finn was still around and it was nice seeing that world explored again.

Psxphile

They're definitely setting something up for later: multiple Lich parts in every dimension, Prismo's "boss" (Golb?), and Finn coming to grips with a version of himself w/ a loving family.

It's been brought to my attention that the birthmark Finn was describing was in the shape of a comet. Also nice to see Grass Arm still works, but only when someone Finn cares about it about to bite it. Also booo @ Prismo not letting Finn hash it out with Farmworld Finn. I wonder now what he would wanted to talk about.

anyone else think PB looked super buff and attractive in her outfit in Scamps?
super puffy, maybe

And yeah, that outfit looked great on her.

EDIT: KingofOoo teasing a future episode:
It's tagged "The Hall of Egress", which is one of the leaked S7 episode titles. "Egress" is just another word for emerging or exiting.

Psxphile

is this the first time we have heard Finn's last name?? Or am i dumb?

Mertens? No, we knew that the last time we saw Farmworld.

Actually, we don't know if Finn the Human's last name is Mertens, he's never been called that to my recollection. Just Farmworld Finn.

Psxphile

ISTR Jake calling him that at some point

Which would be odd if true, since he was an abandoned boom-boom baby and his adoptive parents wouldn't have known what his surname would be.

EDIT: checking the wikia, it seems the Finn Sword called him "Finn Mertens" in the episode "The Dentist", so there's that I guess.

I should really start watching this season.
What's the general consensus on season 7 so far? I was really disappointed by the ending of season 6 and Adventure Time's usual 'back to the status quo' bullshit. I thought they were finally going to do something different.

I love the show overall, but I'm just sick of storylines always ending in a way that lets the show go back to square one, as if nothing changed.

Yomidi

What's the general consensus on season 7 so far? I was really disappointed by the ending of season 6 and Adventure Time's usual 'back to the status quo' bullshit. I thought they were finally going to do something different.

I love the show overall, but I'm just sick of storylines always ending in a way that lets the show go back to square one, as if nothing changed.

I think it's pretty good, especially the BMO episodes and the Marceline miniseries.

Tuck

Season 6 finale was garbage.

Season 7 has been solid so far.

big ander

cause it gives PB a new arc, KoO is hilarious, it resolves Finn's relationship with his dad in a crazy and emotionally powerful way, there's a bunch of good action, Finn's existential crisis in space and acceptance of death is dark and moving, the whole comet business is heavy without ditching the humor ("love, hate, ice cream waffles, video games, loyalty, saucy"), and his choice to stay with his "meat life" isn't a complete reset to a status quo because Finn's found a deeper connection to what the world of Ooo means to him.

cause it gives PB a new arc, KoO is hilarious, it resolves Finn's relationship with his dad in a crazy and emotionally powerful way, there's a bunch of good action, Finn's existential crisis in space and acceptance of death is dark and moving, the whole comet business is heavy without ditching the humor ("love, hate, ice cream waffles, video games, loyalty, saucy"), and his choice to stay with his "meat life" isn't a complete reset to a status quo because Finn's found a deeper connection to what the world of Ooo means to him.
Eh, ideas were good just poorly executed.

I'm on your team.

IronRinn

Catching up.

Really interested to see what Betty did to the crown in "A King's Ransom". I wonder if she has managed to resist the madness and sadness of magic or if it's completely taken over at this point.

"Scamps" was a lot of fun. I love how at all times Jake is a hair's breadth from jumping back into a life of crime. Dig the empire waisted shorts, the shoes, the hair, and the kerchief, PB, but that shirt is not flattering.

Yo, "Crossover" is fucking bananas. Prismo has a boss!

"What's wrong with him? He looks possessed or somethin-ooooboy here we go."

Man, that was fucking awesome. That ending, though. Poor Finn.

I used to be a huge Adventure Time fan, but I think the show is kind of dragging on at this point. I wish they'd wrap up the main storyline, and then just do fun "slice of life" episodes.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Catching up...

After Football, The Moe You know, and Angel Face, is BMO the best character on the show?

The answer is yes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
BMO isn't the best character in the show

BMO is the best character period.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
How are the Adventure Time Blu-Rays? I don't have a standalone BR Player yet but I do have a drive for my iMac and I figure it'd be just as easy to rip the discs into iTunes than buying them digitally.

Lelcar

Jake has been morphing into a lot of cool things recently. I feel like Jake went 3 seasons without doing anything cool and he's been really making up for it in these last episodes.

abundant

What's odd about this (and probably a mistake) is that it puts the premiere on a Saturday. Though I wouldn't put it past CN to move 'weekly episode premiere day' in their search for better ratings.

I'm betting on mistake. CN has already tried and failed on Saturdays, so trying it again would seem strange.

Sou Da

Before, I think. They're trying to restart their Saturday morning block right now with their leftover shows like Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby Doo.

I thought that was just them turning the corpse of "DC Nation" into "WB saturdays" or somethin.

abundant

I thought that was just them turning the corpse of "DC Nation" into "WB saturdays" or somethin.

They may have said that, but it obvious that the new Saturday morning block is just a dumping ground for the shows that aren't good enough for their Thursday Block/Bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom