• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 7 |OT| *CN walks into devastated fandom w/ new episodes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

"I'm not grown up, or maybe I'm too grown up, I think I may have just killed someone."

Fantastic BMO quote

Psxphile

Apologies for the bump, but I can't NOT post this.

CVio42vUwAArIOS.jpg:orig

Vampire Buster Marceline ☆ Abadeer by Nollety
Based on recent non-AT events.

Anyways, this thread needs more high-quality fanart.

Psxphile

Tentative Season 7 episode title list:

UNLEASH THE JUICE (renamed to BONNIE & NEDDIE)
BAD JUBIES
DIRT BEER GUY (renamed to CHERRY CREAM SODA)
FOOTBALL
VARMINTS
ANGEL FACE
PRESIDENT PORPOISE (renamed to PRESIDENT PORPOISE IS MISSING)
TROTVK (The Return Of The Vampire King) parts 1 to 8 (STAKES! mini-series)
MAMA SAID
CREEPY GIRL (renamed to BLANK EYED GIRL)
KING'S RANSOM
SUMMER SHOWERS
THE MORE YOU MO parts 1 & 2 (part 2 renamed to THE MOE YOU KNOW)
SCAMPS
CROSSOVER
FROG SEASONS (set of 5 shorts)
DON'T LOOK
FLUTE SPELL
HALL OF EGRESS
THIN YELLOW LINE
BROKE HIS CROWN
BEYOND THE GROTTO OF THE WATER NYMPHS (renamed to BEYOND THE GROTTO)
I AM A SWORD
DIGNIFIED (renamed to DADDY-DAUGHTER CARD WARS)
BUN BUN
NORMAL MAN
LADY RAINICORN IN THE CRYSTAL DIMENSION (renamed to LADY RAINICORN OF THE CRYSTAL DIMENSION)
ELEMENTAL
FIVE SHORT TABLES
THE MUSIC HOLE
PREBOOT
REBOOT

Other episode titles that may or may not be from Season 7 off to the side there:
HUM DINGER
WHEELS OF FURY
THE CACKLER

As we've already seen, many of these titles are subject to change before the episode actually airs. However, with this we have a pretty good idea how many episodes will comprise Season 7 and some of the titles suggest who or what the episode will be about or feature. Last two episodes there is likely to be S7's finale and the titles suggest
it'll be about the Lich returning

EDIT: King of Ooo has posted some storyboards from upcoming episodes.
From PRESIDENT PORPOISE IS MISSING
From SUMMER SHOWERS

EDIT: SUMMER SHOWERS Title Card!
Looks like it'll focus on Jake's daughter Viola. That they're releasing this now seems to confirm that SUMMER SHOWERS will be the next AT premiere, but there's been no word so far when it will air. I hope CN doesn't make it exclusive to their mobile/web app like they've been doing with their other shows. :x

EDIT:
tumblr_nzv4f4rALA1uwb31io1_400.png

Hm, not sure if legit. Will actually bump this thread if I can find some better confirmation.

Psxphile

Dang, work all day and miss all the good leaks. Must be the clips that the promo promised. Creepy Girl was mad short though, what gives?

Anyway, the schedule I linked to in my last post now has Angel Face listed to air on Monday, January 11th. Might be getting an episode bomb that week. We'll see if it updates again with another new episode tomorrow an hour after this post.

EDIT: confirmed

oJWF3Za.jpg

Thought I'd post this here: Finn and Jake Investigations is good if you like adventure games. It's rather simple, of course, but fully voiced by the cast. They even made episode title cards for each chapter.

If you find it for less than $20, I highly recommend it. It's also a super-easy platinum/achievement if you're into that.

Psxphile

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

Comics Continuum updates with AT episode air dates

ADVENTURE TIME FOR JANUARY
Cartoon Network has announced four new episodes of Adventure Time to premiere in January.

Following is a rundown:

"Summer Showers" on Thursday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
Jake's daughter Viola is up for a role in a play by a hot new director -- Lumpy Space Princess.

"Bad Jubies" on Thursday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
Special Stop-Motion episode. There's a catastrophic storm headed for The Grasslands, so Finn, LSP, and BMO decide to build a bunker for protection, but Jake has plans of his own.

"Scamps" on Thursday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
Details to be announced.

"Crossover" on Thursday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. (ET/PT)
Details to be announced.
So what's going on here? CC doesn't mention anything about the 3 episodes revealed through CN's website (so far) to premiere the second week of January. Are we getting weekly episode premieres ON TOP of a Finn bomb, or are one of these sources incorrect? It stands to reason that Bad Jubies, being one of the 5 episodes with official preview clips released by CN, is scheduled to air during that same week the rumoured but not-yet-officially announced Finn bomb is supposed to take place. Also there's a stark contrast between 7PM and 7:30PM. Is this another case where CN's left hand (website curators) aren't aware of what the right hand (PR) is doing?

Oh well, at least we got episode descriptions for Summer Showers and Bad Jubies.

Scribble

So will the episode
Crossovers
be a Fionna and Cake episode? :p

I wish it were a
Steven Universe crossover

Psxphile

Promo for AT episode "Summer Showers" and other New Thursday premieres

(I noticed they're not calling it "NEW TITANS THURSDAY" anymore)

So will the episode
Crossovers
be a Fionna and Cake episode? :p

Probably, we know we're getting one this season but that's it. Maybe we'll finally see that Finn/Jake + Fiona/Cake team-up the fanbase has been dying to see:

... and maybe some closure for Ice King.

EDIT:
Confirmed: According to the CN site (click on NEW EPISODES to open a new window w/ the TV listings), Adventure Time is set to return with "Summer Showers" on Thursday, January 7th @ 7:30pm.

Now updated with Bad Jubies and King's Ransom, on Thursday and Friday respectively. Definitely seems like we're getting 8 new episodes in January alone. They're just blowing through this season, aren't they?

EDIT: episode synopsii found on zap2it.com

ANGEL FACE
BMO convinces his friends to join him in a live action cowboy role-playing game.

PRESIDENT PORPOISE IS MISSING
Jake and Finn try to find President Porpoise before Vice President Blowfish takes over.

EDIT: new title card

KingofOoo

EDIT: nice
tumblr_o0icy4uJIM1qzplumo1_1280.jpg

So excited to announce that the stop-motion Adventure Time episode I wrote & directed is airing next Thursday, January 14th at 7/6 c on Cartoon Network!!!

It took a year to make & I worked with the wonderful people at BixPix!!! :D

Kirsten Lepore

IronRinn

Ok, way behind on this, but I finally watched "The More You Moe, The Moe You Know"

God damn, that was incredible.

"Such is the cruel physics of love: That those that crave it most will repel it and only the danged rich get richer."

"I don't think I can. I'm not grown up, or I-I'm too grown up now. I think I just killed someone."

Psxphile

tumblr_nzheflcxgC1t0t09yo1_540.png

Just a friendly reminder that new Adventure Time episode "Summer Showers" airs tonight at 7pm. Or 7:30pm, I'm still not clear on the exact time. Check your local listings! I'll be at work all day so I'll won't get to see it until later tonight. Hopefully someone in the crew ups a promo or something, there's been like NO advertising about the episode so far besides the New Thursdays promo.

Psxphile

Made it home just in time to watch Angel Face in my timezone. It's going to be on in about 3 minutes. Will edit w/ impressions.

EDIT: Seo Kim
B-MO is hardest of hard-core role-players. I liked this episode, which is good because Somvy/Seo episodes tend to be hit-or-miss (mostly miss).

Some choice lines:
"It tastes ALIVE"
"I'm going to mount you now"
"Whoa, you've had a real gun this whole time?" "I am old enough to vote!"

Interesting bit of continuity with Mee-mow being kicked out of the Assassin's guild and swearing revenge on Finn & Jake. Hell of a growth spurt, though... I remember when he could fit inside Jake's nose, and now he's taller than Finn. Also liked how he bragged about eventually escaping the Candy dungeon, so F&J placed him in the Magneto special deluxe cell.

1 down, 4 to go:
tumblr_o0rg0zXgUG1t0t09yo2_r1_500.png

Hamlet

Summer Showers
That was a nice sweet laid back episode. Finn slowly falling asleep during the play was pretty amusing.

Angel Face
Pretty fun episode, though I completely forgot who the heck Me-Mow was at first heh. Loved the jail gag with Meo- Mow. Also talk about a hilarious dark way to start the episode with the making of the special sentient sandwiches haha.

Shame that all the episodes have been leaked again makes it a tad difficult to avoid spoilers.

IronRinn

Will catch up on "Angel Face" tonight when they re-run it (didn't realize new eps were all this week) but I just watched "Summer Showers" and I agree with Hamlet, really sweet episode. I loved Jake filling in the light applause with his own. Wish Paget Brewster had had a few more lines but overall it was great. They do great stuff with Jake interacting with his kids. Ward really put in work as LSP in this one, too.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
Angel Face was so good!!! Good to see an old character back!
And Me-Mow is all grown up! Looking Feline if you know what i mean XD

IronRinn

"Angel Face"

"I'm going to mount you now"
"Whoa, you've had a real gun this whole time?" "I am old enough to vote!"

Holy crap, that episode was great.

"President Porpoise is Missing!" was good to, though it wasn't particularly cohesive. Still had some great stuff in it, like everyone coming out of hiding to hang out in the treehouse after they left (even though Finn asked if there was anyone else hiding), Ice King and BMO hanging out and having adventures (the BMO stuff recently has been consistently excellent, even more so than usual (because BMO is always great)), and Nick Offerman as a mustachioed octopus. The stuff with Banana Man was kind of weak, though, and I like that character. And the song they had Weird Al sing was pretty bad. Still, I enjoyed it for the absurdity, even if it felt like a bunch of weird elevator pitches stitched together. And that ending was fucking grim!

Edit: Also, I love how excited they were for BMO's amazingly lame video game after having been so bored by Hangman: Burgess Meredith Edition.

Psxphile

tumblr_o0uw1ba4g91ud1w70o1_400.jpg

ha

I found it oddly compelling how well Ice King and B-MO got along with each other. I guess vivid imagination and mental instability go hand-in-hand. Also I like the idea of their friends hanging out at the Treehouse when F&J are out on an adventure.

Blank-Eyed Girl is next:
KingofOoo

Psxphile

tumblr_o0xgv8Sz221sxhdxso3_400.gif

When Jake is on vaca

Anyway, saw Blank-Eyed Girl. Thought it was pretty good, made me laugh out a few times. Then it went full /x/ with the 'tulpas' and shit got real.

Up next is Bad Jubies, the long-awaited stop-motion ep by Kirsten Lepore:

There's also an article that was just released that talks about Kirsten and her episode, going into detail on how it was pitched and all put together, which you can read at the link.

I really liked Summer Showers, Angel Face was okay and President Porpoise was less so. Specifically, it was one of those episodes that seemed so bizarre that I thought it was going to be revealed as a dream. If I recall correctly, an episode last season felt similar. To me, it was one of those episodes that really only appeals to younger audiences whereas the show, in general, has such wide appeal.

Maybe I'm in the minority on that.

Hamlet

President Porpoise is Missing
Alright episode but really didn't do much for me. Though I really liked the BMO/Ice King combination. Made for quite a fun pair.

Blank-Eyed Girl
Great episode and quite the weird ending heh. All of Jake's fear reactions to the Blank eyed were the best haha. Lots of great lines from Finn in this one too.

Bad Jubies
Loved everything to do with this episode. More than delivered on the hype. The stop motion animation was really well done and they beautifully captured the look and feel of the show.

Madn

Bad Jubies
Loved everything to do with this episode. More than delivered on the hype. The stop motion animation was really well done and they beautifully captured the look and feel of the show.

I didn't enjoy this one. Sure, the stop motion looked good, but it was literally an existing fairy tale with finn and jake. While that alone isn't a problem I felt like they added nothing to it apart from the ending that was 10 seconds long.

vypek

Finally. I think the episode airing right now is the one that I have been waiting for for a while. Been waiting on this character

EDIT: Definitely my favorite episode of the "bomb"

Venture

Overall it was a very good week of episodes. The only one I didn't care for was President Porpoise. Seemed like a weak excuse of a premise just to bring the character back. King's Ransom on the other hand was terrific.

I loved the nose compass gag and seeing heroic Ice King. I know they don't seem to do permanent changes in AT (everything stays) but as much as I love Ice King I really hope he gets to become Simon for good before the show ends. Was that the first time they've shown the crown is a technological device instead of just magic? Or was that a copy Betty created and gave to Ice king?

Psxphile

Preview pages of Boom Studio's Adventure Time comic series, Ice King #1

The premise of how the series starts is interesting, considering we just went through something similar w/ the latest episode (King's Ransom).

Also CN uploaded a making of video for the episode Bad Jubies to their youtube channel. You can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3vCqrzOudw

Overall it was a very good week of episodes. The only one I didn't care for was President Porpoise. Seemed like a weak excuse of a premise just to bring the character back. King's Ransom on the other hand was terrific.

I loved the nose compass gag and seeing heroic Ice King. I know they don't seem to do permanent changes in AT (everything stays) but as much as I love Ice King I really hope he gets to become Simon for good before the show ends. Was that the first time they've shown the crown is a technological device instead of just magic? Or was that a copy Betty created and gave to Ice king?
It was revealed in Evergreen to be a device that channels magic from the 3 jewels embedded in it, among it's other purposes. Seems like Betty was trying to reprogram it to do something else, presumably to cure Simon of his "Ice King" persona without killing him.

Odd that she wasn't voiced by her regular VA... but since she was supposed to be incognito until the very end and then only to get one line once discovered, maybe it wasn't necessary to call Lena in for it.

The Season 7 episode
BROKEN CROWN
will probably pick up where this one leaves off.

Psxphile

All right, starting next week we're going back to weekly premieres (at least for two weeks anyway), starting with "Scamps" next Thursday at 7/6c. The episode's description has already been revealed, courtesy of Tooozone.net:

"Scamps"
Finn takes a group of at-risk Candy Kingdom youth on a camping trip they’ll never forget.

Here's a preview clip from the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHIV7mV45VA

TheOGB

Banned
Finally caught up with the rest of the week, and the holiday episode. Great stuff, there were a lot of funny moments and lines.

The More You Moe, The Moe You Know
BMO is great, I liked the ongoing thoughts on growing up.
Fave lines: "He probably just listens to the sounds of the earth decaying."
"Quickly, hoist me up on top of your head. We must depart straight away." "Uhh..." "You're stronger than you know." "..." "Also I'm lighter than you know."
"I don't think I can. I'm not grown up. Or I'm TOO grown up now. I think I just killed someone. I need to have some time alone. But you're all really nice."

President Porpoise is Missing
BMO is still great, lol. Nothing really happened, it was really silly, but whatevs. Jake's claustrophobia gave me a few chuckles.
"Anybody else? ...Okay, let's go!"
6 or 7 people come out of hiding

Blank-Eyed Girl
This one started off creepy, got hilarious real fast. Jake's freakouts entertained once again, and Finn had some nice lines as well. The reveal at the end was amazing, haha.

Bad Jubies
Nice ep, looked fantastic. I was digging that nature beat, and Kevin Michael Richardson needs to be on the show more.

King's Ransom
Another good one. Can't wait to see how that development plays out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom