• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters - Putin ally tells Americans: vote Trump or face nuclear war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojgat

Zhirinovsky has even said he wants a DNA test to see if he is related to Trump.

Must just be crazy.

*Google image searches Vladimir Zhirinovsky*

Actually, he might be on to something.

Well its comforting to know that when a foreign enemy power conspires to influence an American election, at least they are pretty obvious about it.

hoola

Neo Member
My girlfriend and I were talking about this last night after reading about how bad the US/Russia relationship is and how they want Trump to win. Just from what we have seen and heard from Clinton and Trump, it is obvious she won't put up with shit from Russia whereas Trump would be more likely to buddy up and make deals with Russia with the intention of avoiding conflict.

Which is better for America? Frankly I don't know, I suppose it depends on your perspective. War is bad and evil, but so is being friendly and supportive to an immoral nation.

Zhirinovsky has even said he wants a DNA test to see if he is related to Trump.

I can see it.

tumblr_nt9vjoLAhH1uy9ltdo7_1280.jpg

Man... Why do I get the feeling that when Putin leaves that's when things will get trully scary. In order to maintain power he surrounded himself with nutjobs.

Of course he wants the weaker of the two candidates to take charge of America. A weaker america is better for Russia. So he's pulling for Trump, and releasing propaganda like this.

And we are falling for it and posting this as news, which is exactly what he wants. He wants to plant seeds about the lie that Trump, in any way, would be a better choice, he is not.

It's nothing to do with Trump/Putin ties, it's not a genuine threat, it's just subtle psychological attempt to influence the election.

scoobs

Some good old fashion fear mongering, this election really does have it all (except for competent candidates)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Come on guys, Zhirinovsky is a joke, always has been. I remember being spooked as a kid when he said Soviet Union needs to occupy Finland, then I learned who he was.

Hermii

Hillary will probably expand the missile defence system and do all kinds of things that Russia wont like. Doubt it will lead to WW3 though.

Cerium

Of course he wants the weaker of the two candidates to take charge of America. A weaker america is better for Russia. So he's pulling for Trump, and releasing propaganda like this.

And we are falling for it and posting this as news, which is exactly what he wants. He wants to plant seeds about the lie that Trump, in any way, would be a better choice, he is not.

It's nothing to do with Trump/Putin ties, it's not a genuine threat, it's just subtle psychological attempt to influence the election.

Subtle?

I would bet my life that:

- Trump has various business ties to Russia.
- These Russian ties encouraged his run for President.
- The Kremlin believes they can control or influence Trump.

I also feel this will be one of the largest stories moving forward post-election. I don't want to turn into Alex Jones but multiple states have said their election systems have been scanned and probed by systems originating in Russia. They are clearly trying to influence the election, I would not be surprised if they attempted to hack and falsify electronic ballots as well.

120v

what i find ironic about any "hillary would be catastrophic" talk is trump getting elected would cause a global economic meltdown immediately after election day. like literally nobody in the wolrd would have anything to gain except for maybe jihadists

dracula_x

Vladimir Zhirinovsky

I wouldn't listen him, he's a clown.

Zhirinovsky is a clown. Don't read too much into his statements (actually I'm surprised reuters interviewed him in the first place).

^

Come on guys, Zhirinovsky is a joke, always has been. I remember being spooked as a kid when he said Soviet Union needs to occupy Finland, then I learned who he was.

also this – http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/667745.stm

10 March, 2000

Mr Zhirinovsky is famous for acknowledging that he dreams of a day "when Russian soldiers can wash their boots in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean".

and this – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExfLOwmSD88 (2002)

Dalibor68

Banned
Article about some russian ultranational clown nobody cares about yet the thread devolves into a Trump/Putin circlejerk anyways, at this rate might as well open a 3rd forum section for the 100 daily fuck trump/putin/the uk threads.

dracula_x

Article about some russian ultranational clown nobody cares about yet the thread devolves into a Trump/Putin circlejerk anyways, at this rate might as well open a 3rd forum section for the 100 daily fuck trump/putin/the uk threads.

Btw, he's Jewish. So it's even more funny.

Goldmund

Many Russians regard Zhirinovsky as a clownish figure who makes outspoken statements to grab attention but he is also widely viewed as a faithful servant of Kremlin policy, sometimes used to float radical opinions to test public reaction.

Reuters in 2014 said:
Although nominally part of the Russian opposition, he is widely seen as a servant of Kremlin policy, used to float radical opinions to test public reaction.

This kind of self-reference and dismissive conflation I find more dangerous than this loutish pawn's ramblings. News agencies should be careful how easily political figures are transformed into the country they're from. The path from "Zhirinovsky" to "Russia" is not as simple as it is made out to be here.

Guys, im scare Trump will use these words, twist them into his advantage.
It won't work. It will be to his disadvantage because it will seem like Russia is indeed in his corner and trying to influence the election. I already view him as a traitor and a sellout to Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom