• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Donner Confirms He'll Direct Lethal Weapon 5 (He'll be 91)

ManaByte

Gold Member

Donner has made many good movies, among them The Omen, Superman, The Goonies and Lethal Weapon. Astoundingly, at 90 years old, he’s even making one now, developing a fifth Lethal Weapon, confirming that, incredibly, he’s producing and directing it: “This is the final one,” he says, at home in Los Angeles. “It's both my privilege and duty to put it to bed. It's exciting, actually.” It is exciting that Donner – who will likely be 91 when it shoots – is directing another film. “Hahaha! It's the last one, I'll promise you that.”

Aggelos

On November 15, 2021, Gibson confirmed that he will direct and star in the fifth Lethal Weapon film saying “The man who directed all the ‘Lethal films’, Richard Donner, he was a big guy. He was developing the screenplay and he got pretty far along with it. And he said to me one day, ‘Listen kid, if I kick the bucket you will do it.’ And I said: ‘Shut up.' But he did indeed pass away. But he did ask me to do it and at the time I didn’t say anything. He said it to his wife and to the studio and the producer. So I will be directing the fifth one.”

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

On November 15, 2021, Gibson confirmed that he will direct and star in the fifth Lethal Weapon film saying “The man who directed all the ‘Lethal films’, Richard Donner, he was a big guy. He was developing the screenplay and he got pretty far along with it. And he said to me one day, ‘Listen kid, if I kick the bucket you will do it.’ And I said: ‘Shut up.' But he did indeed pass away. But he did ask me to do it and at the time I didn’t say anything. He said it to his wife and to the studio and the producer. So I will be directing the fifth one.”

He's a good director. I'll allow it.

Sad about Richard no longer being here, tho.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Gibson is a terrific director. I'm in.

Top Bottom