• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime [PS4] If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1377028571-the-sentinel.jpg

1377028570-concept-old-gate.jpg

1377028573-the-tower.jpg

REV 09

best looking new game Sony had. really beautiful all around.

is this an indie game? or a mid-tier ($20-30)...or a retail release?

SgtCobra

Looks like the ICO sequel we never got, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

Also, a bit off topic, but I read that Ueda renewed his co tract or something like that at Sony some days ago? (I thought it was famousmortimer who said that)

I wouldn't get too excited. It's from Tequila Works, the developers behind the exceedingly average Deadlight.

I will agree that it looks stunning, but they don't have a good track record when it comes to gameplay.

mattx5

Beautiful. I'm traditionally a Nintendo-only gamer, but I have to wonder if next-gen Zelda will be able to measure up to this in terms of art design/graphics/scope. They're ticking a lot of the right boxes with this game.

Gammacide

Stunning gorgeosity. That looks like a game I would dream up on a beautiful summer day lying in a field looking at the clouds. If not for the Shadow of the Beast announcement, this would have utterly taken my breath away.

kevm3

Artistically, this is what I wanted from 'next-gen' instead of the utterly boring realistic look every game tries to take. This is what Square should do with a next-gen Mana title.

Five

Banned
Could end up being super boring or glitchy, but I'll agree that it so far looks amazing. Here's hoping and watching and waiting.

Finally, something that stirs my inner Nintendo/Sega gamer side. I really hope this game is as expansive as I hope it to be. I'm in favor of the artstyle although I hope they tweak it a bit before it releases. This was the game of the show for me as well. I love it when developers take risks with new IP's such as this. This is far from the market norm and I can't help but want more of what I'm seeing.

I like that a dev is moving away from the ultrarealistic or exaggerated/gritty look of modern games and is giving us something that is visually imaginative. I hope publishers begin to flood the market with games like this. We need more diversity like this in the market.

And did I see a bit of Uncharted/PoP style climbing in there? Sold. Just give me a firm release date and I'll pre-order this.

My mouth has been to the floor for like 2 whole minutes. I saw the art direction and chills went down my spin. I'm intrigued. Good job Sony.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This looked ridiculously good. The Witness x Ico x a painting.

Very curious about the developer, if this is a first game, or if they're a team formed from talent from other studios or what.

waypoetic

Banned
Two things made me smile when it came to the Sony presser today; this game and that the XMB is part of the OS for the PS4.

Dascu

Beautiful. I'm traditionally a Nintendo-only gamer, but I have to wonder if next-gen Zelda will be able to measure up to this in terms of art design/graphics/scope. They're ticking a lot of the right boxes with this game.

This is pretty much the look and style that I want from a next-gen Zelda. Heck, if this has a bit of puzzles and some combat, this looks like it could be a fair substitute.

Top Bottom