• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime [PS4] If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby

This looked ridiculously good. The Witness x Ico x a painting.

Very curious about the developer, if this is a first game, or if they're a team formed from talent from other studios or what.

They made Deadlight, which also looked somewhat impressive in pre release videos but lacked substance and was incredibly average and ultimately forgettable.

Pretty terrible VA ans storytelling too throughout.

SJRB

Gold Member
This looked very impressive to me, rich and vibrant colors, open world adventure game.

Keeping my eye on this.

I wouldn't get too excited. It's from Tequila Works, the developers behind the exceedingly average Deadlight.

I will agree that it looks stunning, but they don't have a good track record when it comes to gameplay.

Well it wasn't a Sony exclusive, what do you expect?
/s

Gadirok

Game definitely took the spotlight for me. Its a shame its on PS4, as I won't be getting one for awhile, but atleast I know something as beautiful as this will be there waiting for me. Totally made me have flash backs of Shadow of the Colossus as I watched the footage.

CrisKre

This looks gorgeous. I really really hope there is some meat to the gameplay and its not TOO minimalist. You got my attention TW.

It looks great.

But then so did Deadlight. I don't have much faith in Tequila Works after that.

EDIT: Holy shit didn't see Lingitz' post.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I had a forlorn hope that Yoshida was going to fire up The Last Guardian and was a bit disappointed when that predictably didn't happen. After I saw this I forgot all about that.

image_rime-22866-2798_0002.jpg

fuck me.

looks amazing, honestly stunned.
it looks so similar to ico.
would team ico not have any problems with this?
that's if they even still exist.

Cyklops

Neo Member
Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki feels. That's just pure mastery.

Can't wait for this. Gonna keep an eye out, or better, both eyes out for this one.

krishian

Has Tequila made anything other than Deadlight, or are some people in this thread just writing them of after their first and only game?

But what's the gameplay like?
Deadlight looked stunning too but had bad gameplay.

Much like the Xbox One game Below; nice art style but no clue what the gameplay is all about.

Persona86

Banned
The conference was REALLY boring, and the camera kept zooming out, it gave me a headache.

But this game looked great, before the camera zoomed out again.

Hofmann

The boy has no sword, or at least I haven't seen one in the trailer, so hopefully there won't be any fighting.

I won't be original saying that the game looks phenomenal. Actually, it's a first game that would make me buy PS4.

This looks great, hopefully we get that soundtrack to it as well.

However, it did feel a bit to much like ICO, clothing looked sort of a mix between Ico and shadow of the colossus. wielding a torch like in ICO... even that broken bridge had that ICO feel to it...

Has Tequila made anything other than Deadlight, or are some people in this thread just writing them of after their first and only game?

Pretty sure they've only made Deadlight. I think it's fair to be somewhat cautious and warn people to not get too hyped for this based on their last game. If their first game wasn't a gem and their second seems to be following the same path as the first (impressive reveal trailer, etc), it's not unwarranted to be cautious.

jdevil99

Extremely impressive visually, makes me glad I have a PS4 nailed down for launch. Still debating XBONE on release or around Christmas as a gift from my girl.

Top Bottom