• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
n4b8i7y.gif

QsP6gPD.gif

Pilgrimzero

They are never going to show Jug with a burger are they?

And one day there will be a scene where he has a burger placed in front of him and he will say "what is this? I ordered a salad. Take this away."

kevin1025

Banned

And one day there will be a scene where he has a burger placed in front of him and he will say "what is this? I ordered a salad. Take this away."

He did say in the second episode, to Archie, that they would discuss things over many burgers, but so far no physical burgers. They're saving it for the right occasion.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He ate that guy's sundae to get information out of him. Actually, that scene is incredibly sad now that we have the context that Jughead is homeless. Somebody buy him a damn burger

emag

This is definitely turning less interesting and into mkre of a CW show.

Get back to the main mystery please.

Agreed. I really liked the first episode, but by the fourth it's gone too far in the direction of standard TV teen drama. Also, I really hate Jughead's narration. Yeah, he's a high school sophomore working on a novel, but I'm an adult watching a TV show written by adults with adult actors.

ZeroX03

Banned

They've said they don't want to overdo the burger thing but it'll happen, but be more of a background/naturalistic thing.

Also the realities of television means it's just not feasible for Cole to constantly be shoveling down burgers. Even if he had them he wouldn't really be biting into them.

Pilgrimzero

They've said they don't want to overdo the burger thing but it'll happen, but be more of a background/naturalistic thing.

Also the realities of television means it's just not feasible for Cole to constantly be shoveling down burgers. Even if he had them he wouldn't really be biting into them.

Thats what im saying. Why cant every time hes at the diner he has a burger instead of a cup of coffee on the table. Just a background item thing.

caliph95

Didn't Supernatural had Dean shoving fast food into his mouth enough that it was a plotpoint in an episode or is my memories playing tricks on me.

Joni

Didn't Supernatural had Dean shoving fast food into his mouth enough that it was a plotpoint in an episode or is my memories playing tricks on me.

d94ae44500e94f4ecf142b474f5cc0a8.jpg

Which leads to too many gifs. Apparantly it is just because Jensen thinks that Dean should act like that. And certainly not because his wife makes him eat healthy.

I almost want to figure out how to signal the Fanfiction flare and request someone write a Veronica Mars/Riverdale cross over where Betty and Veronica Mars compete to solve the mystery and for Veronica's heart. Pairing name V² or Veronibeth

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
More from KJ and Cole's trip.

I know this has nothing to do with the show, but it endlessly amuses me that it looks like it does. It's basically the alternate timeline where Archie went with Jughead on their road trip instead of ditching him to be with Grundy.

Pachimari

I loved this latest episode too, only got around to it just now. Everything I've been thinking have already been posted. And yeah, the narration by Jughead needs to be toned down. I would also like more focus and character development on Moose, and the others as I seriously still have a hard time remembering them. I might just make a photoshop file with a profile pic of each character and their name.

I never had a problem with the Ms Grundy subplot but I'm fine with it being over for now, so it wouldn't drag out, and I like Archie, so what can I say. I also like that we saw more of the parents and what they're up to in this episode.

Where is Polly btw?

carlsojo

Where is Jug going to live? Archie's house probably. Maybe at Cheryl's instead. It's a big spooky house after all.

Archie is the weakest character thus far... but I think it's only because Betty Veronica and Jugs are the fucking best in comparison.

Mr. Hyde

Where is Jug going to live? Archie's house probably. Maybe at Cheryl's instead. It's a big spooky house after all.

Archie is the weakest character thus far... but I think it's only because Betty Veronica and Jugs are the fucking best in comparison.

That's how I feel too. I like that the show seems to be through Jughead's eyes. He is definitely the best character.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tonight, on a sexy, murderous Riverdale...

#1.05 "Chapter Five: Heart of Darkness"
Episode Promo
THE HOUSE OF SECRETS AND LIES - With Jason's funeral around the corner, the Blossom family moves forward with last minute preparations - and a secret agenda. Meanwhile, Archie's (KJ Apa) attempt to refocus his energy on vigilante justice for Jason comes to a halt when an opportunity to work with a new music mentor presents itself. Betty (Lili Reinhart) dives deeper into her investigation of Jason's death and unearths some dark revelations about her family. Elsewhere, after uncovering secrets about her own family, Veronica (Camila Mendes) forms an unlikely friendship with Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch), who is having a tougher time with Jason's impending funeral than she lets on. Finally, Hermoine (Marisol Nichols) turns to Fred (Luke Perry) for help after receiving a cryptic message from the Southside Serpents. Cole Sprouse and Madchen Amick also star. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Ross Maxwell (#105).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This show. This show.

Do we know how many episodes season 1 will have?

13. Probably a tiny hiatus in there somewhere. Usually CW shows take a week or two off during Spring Break.

ShadyK54

Posting in here for the first time. Started and caught up Sunday & tuning in live for the first time tonight. Show's really good!

Top Bottom