• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

KaYotiX said:
same!! cant wait to get home from work and just play RB all day
I have been off all week. I played the game all last week after getting it early, then have done almost nothing but play the game this week. I have done almost all the guitar goals, and am now trying to get all the bass goals.

I am also about 14000 HOPOs into the HOPOcidal maniac goal. Good ways to go.

Quagm1r3

Will get when the stringed guitar comes out. Combining the addictiveness of music gaming with a real guitar sounds like the fastest way to learn the real deal.

remz said:
fake plastic trees / karma police / paranoid android triple pack please

Longshot / Medicine Wheel / Guys Like Me triple pack please

Momentum / Deathly / Ghost World follow up please

Save Me / That's When I Knew This Story Would Break My Heart / King Of The Jailhouse to complete the trinity please

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
so if I buy this and the only instrument I have is the keyboard, will I still get a lot out of this game?
my main concern is the amount of songs there are that are fun to play on keyboard.

might get this tomorrow but no guitar or drums controller at the moment

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Holy shit, the ending to Antidbodies on expert bass is crazy. I failed out. that shit caught my OFF guard. :lol :lol

Fuuuck.

Snuggler said:
so if I buy this and the only instrument I have is the keyboard, will I still get a lot out of this game?
my main concern is the amount of songs there are that are fun to play on keyboard.

might get this tomorrow but no guitar or drums controller at the moment
Well, you'll be able to also play guitar/bass with the keyboard so even if you don't have a guitar yet, it's not like you'll be denied access to playing guitar and bass.

And "The Look" on expert bass is so damn simple. I do horrible though, because it is just constant strumming and so fast. Stuff like that kills me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Raistlin said:
That's kind of a sad statement.
It isn't sad. Why wouldn't you want to see how you compare with other players? It's part of the fun for me to see how I stack up against the rest of the world and with my friends.

KaYotiX

Banned
Rewrite said:
It isn't sad. Why wouldn't you want to see how you compare with other players? It's part of the fun for me to see how I stack up against the rest of the world and with my friends.

i agree 100% with you, i like seeing how i stack up with others. i also love that its always telling you your rank

Xevren

Vicious said:
Getting pretty tired of not being able to see my scores and rankings. That's half the fun and it's not there.

I hear you, if the leaderboards aren't working I just practice on keys. I just hope this isn't going to be a problem as bad as it's been the last couple days.

Raistlin

Rewrite said:
I personally don't really care, I play for the enjoyment of it.

I can understand people caring, sure ... but half the fun? It sounds like you play it mostly as a traditional game and feel the need to beat levels or whatever.

Raistlin said:

I can understand people caring, sure ... but half the fun? It sounds like you play it mostly as a traditional game and feel the need to beat levels or whatever.
Rock Band is a game where your performance is scored. Surprise, some people like that. It's a video game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Raistlin said:

Well, put it this way: If you're a really good player, why wouldn't you want to try and be at the top? This game is about having fun and trying to get the best score you can, after all. It's pure arcade-type gameplay goodness because you're judged on how well you played the song when it's finished. And you don't even need to be a good player either to enjoy getting a great score on whatever difficulty you're playing.

Aspiring

Oh shit yeah playasia have charged my card and its now listed as shipping within 24 hours. Monday i will be able to join the fun with you guys!!!

F5ing until it says shipped :D

Going to be a looong weekend, made even worse as i have the Keyboard here.

Mileena

Banned
butter_stick said:
Rock Band is a game where your performance is scored. Surprise, some people like that. It's a video game.
I bet if you rocked out and stopped caring about your scores you'd start having more fun.

Maddog

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
why is that such an important thing?

You get a 4 point achievement for calibrating the game and the only way to even it out is to get the 6 point achievement for linking your account.

bounchfx

Any idea what's coming this tuesday?

More (good) Radiohead would be amazing, and I'll 2nd' and 3rd Karma Police and Paranoid Android. would love to do the latter on Pro Guitar.

I went through the whole setlist on medium like previously mentioned and I cant help but wish the keyboard was more prominent in the songs it's featured in. there's like 10 where it's active and the rest it's just kinda sprinkled around. ah well. DLC yes plx

brian

Raistlin said:

Wut? It's good and fine that you only play it for enjoyment, but it's a friggin video game after all. Why should I feel guilty about playing Rock Band for score? Yes, half the fun for me is trying to get a high score. I know that everyone doesn't feel that way about RB, but to me the game part of it is just as fun as the "experience" part.

cjdunn

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" even on medium (non-pro) keyboard is just phenomenal. Amazing.

Also, I'm encountering the audio glitch on multiple songs with keyboard.

Also-also, I'm about to throw my RB1 guitar under my truck.

Pancho

Qurupancho
bounchfx said:

More (good) Radiohead would be amazing, and I'll 2nd' and 3rd Karma Police and Paranoid Android. would love to do the latter on Pro Guitar.

I went through the whole setlist on medium like previously mentioned and I cant help but wish the keyboard was more prominent in the songs it's featured in. there's like 10 where it's active and the rest it's just kinda sprinkled around. ah well. DLC yes plx

Oh god, I seriously hope there's more Radiohead

7oQXN.jpg

Mileena

Banned
bounchfx said:

BtBaM and Opeth packs.

ahvostik

rock band 3 is easily the greatest "video game" I've ever played in my entire life.

I love music more than anything else in the world though so my opinion is a bit skewed.

I'm fucking obsessed.

I already spent $1000 on a Roland midi drum set that I can't wait to hook up to the game using the Midi Pro Adapter.

I bought the keyboard bundle for ~ $140 (with tax).

I pre-ordered the Mustang Pro Guitar $160 (with tax) today after reading some killer reviews for it on the rock band forums.

that's $1300 already... at least the midi drum set (Roland TD-4S) has a $200 rebate going on until the end of the year.

fuck it... what else is money for?

Tenks

So I've been doing pro keys and that shit is no joke. This is going to take a while to get down. Probably doesn't help I've never touched a keyboard/piano so I have no idea about form and technique. Oh well, I started on medium but that got pretty easy quickly but similar to the jump from medium -> hard in GH guitar this jump is killer.

Fuck. Playing "Rainbow in the Dark" on expert bass, and I finally miss a note with 25 notes left in the song. I was tat close to full combo on a fucking Dio song. :lol

Has anyone ever had to get a peripheral replaced and couldn't just return it? I'm going to try and calling MadCatz tomorrow. I really don't know what to do aside from that. Should've just bought this from Gamestop. =/

TheHakku

Despite the horrible time I'm having trying to get a new export key for my RB2 songs, I'm loving the hell out of this game. Harmonix did an amazing job. Also, Pro Keys on easy is kicking my ass. I used to play the piano... what happened.

DarthWufei said:
Has anyone ever had to get a peripheral replaced and couldn't just return it? I'm going to try and calling MadCatz tomorrow. I really don't know what to do aside from that. Should've just bought this from Gamestop. =/

Madcatz is good about that now, at least from what I hear regarding their arcade sticks.

woodypop

cjdunn said:
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" even on medium (non-pro) keyboard is just phenomenal. Amazing.

Also, I'm encountering the audio glitch on multiple songs with keyboard.

Also-also, I'm about to throw my RB1 guitar under my truck.
Wait, what audio glitch?

Top Bottom