• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Ristlager

Maastricht said:
Yes.

And again, people wondering why so few stores get instruments for Rockband 3, blame EA/Mad Catz policy for either not accepting returns, or not communicating this with retailers properly, because together with getting almost no margin on these instruments, now retailers have no incentive to stock them.

Thanks, can I just buy any midi-usb coverter I find on Amazon?

Ark Malmeida

Neo Member
Raistlin said:
If you want ... you could even do vocals as well.

I sign in with a mic and play instruments all the time. The problem with doing Geddy style however (assuming it is accurate), is that there are times when he is using foot pedals (kind of like pipe organ) because both hands are already in use. There isn't a way to do that ... well not without modding an instrument or something :D

Yes

YES

2112 Pro ... NOW

It pains me so much that I can't actually play pro mode. Freak'n MIDI adapter and Squier delays :(

Regardless, I'm so excited this is a Pro mode song :)

Dur, completely forgot about vocals. Talk about overload, but that would be just about the coolest video game related thing I could think of. I think with that song I could actually pull it off with some practice. I actually knew how to play the keyboard parts for Subdivisions once upon a time.

Good point about him playing some of the keyboard parts with pedals. It'll be interesting to see how much overlap there is between pro bass and pro keys.

Getting Subdivisions gives me hope that we'll someday see more Rush stuff from the 80s that was heavy on keyboard (anything from Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows or Hold Your Fire). Distant Early Warning and The Big Money would be amazing!

fernoca

parasight said:
Any friendly GAFer wanna help me out? My bundle's been delayed to next week so I won't be able to take advantage of the free Doors pack. I've been calling Rogers Plus stores in attempt to rent it, but they don't have it either. I need someone I can trust to login to my GT and get them into my Download History so I can get the free pack. PM me if you'd like to help.
Though keep in mind, that the other person needs to recover the gamertag on their own console, then download it. The download will be tied to the Xbox 360 it was downloaded, so you won't be able to use the DLC offline; till you do a license transfer. As long as you're connected to Live you'll be fine, well I think. ;p

Raistlin

PhoncipleBone said:
I only play on pro drums, but cant wait to get a squier or mustang controller to learn on. But I would love if they could go back and add the synth parts back into Moving Pictures and whatnot.

I have a Roland kit ... and my buddy gave me an ion brain ... so at least I can play on real drums. The ion brain doesn't support pro though to my knowledge, so I need to wait for the MIDI converter :\

I actually have two MIDI converters on order since I also have a Yamaha keyboard. Once the Squier comes out, I'll need a third :lol. I would definitely welcome keyboard parts for Moving Pictures as well. Hell, they should do Pro mode too. Of any band, I think Rush will give some of the best bang-for-the-buck in terms of Pro mode quality. Epic on all instruments.

Dreamwriter said:
Pretty sure all those things are discussed in the keyboard's manual. It explains the non-pro mode, how to hold the keyboard, what the touch slider and sustain button do.

WAHHHHH I CAN'T READ MANUALS ... IN-GAME VID OR NOTHING

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just got Lego RB in. Can I do the export now or should I wait?
Dreamwriter said:
Pretty sure all those things are discussed in the keyboard's manual. It explains the non-pro mode, how to hold the keyboard, what the touch slider and sustain button do.
Hmm I only saw like battery instructions and stuff. Maybe I missed a page.

parasight

fernoca said:
Though keep in mind, that the other person needs to recover the gamertag on their own console, then download it. The download will be tied to the Xbox 360 it was downloaded, so you won't be able to use the DLC offline; till you do a license transfer. As long as you're connected to Live you'll be fine, well I think. ;p

Ah yeah, that's true. I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal, as I'm connected to Live most of the time.

Raistlin

Ark Malmeida said:
Dur, completely forgot about vocals. Talk about overload, but that would be just about the coolest video game related thing I could think of. I think with that song I could actually pull it off with some practice. I actually knew how to play the keyboard parts for Subdivisions once upon a time.

Good point about him playing some of the keyboard parts with pedals. It'll be interesting to see how much overlap there is between pro bass and pro keys.

Getting Subdivisions gives me hope that we'll someday see more Rush stuff from the 80s that was heavy on keyboard (anything from Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows or Hold Your Fire). Distant Early Warning and The Big Money would be amazing!

If it were up to me, they'd release every album :D. My 3rd show of the current tour was my 20th time seeing them. I've got problems. Coincidentally, Rushcon was going on during the weekend of the indoor Toronto show. I have a picture of me sitting behind the drum set Neil recorded and toured for Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, and All the World's a Stage :lol

While I know it won't happen, if they were to choose one album for Pro-mode ... I think I'd actually go with Hemispheres just for the insane difficulty. It'd be fun to try!

so do we have an ETA on account linking?

their definition of soon isn't the same as mine.

why is it linked on the front page when it isn't working yet? so annoying.

I had planned on doing endless setlist today, but decided against it. I dont think I have seven hours of play in me today.

Although, I think I will finally play my "Supernatural" setlist in its entirety this afternoon. That will be an endurance exercise big enough for me today.

Ark Malmeida

Neo Member
Raistlin said:
If it were up to me, they'd release every album :D. My 3rd show of the current tour was my 20th time seeing them :lol. I've got problems.
Guess I'm right there with you then. Just saw my 23rd show in September. Been seeing them since the Hold Your Fire tour back in 1987.

Raistlin said:
While I know it won't happen, if they were to choose one album for Pro-mode ... I think I'd actually go with Hemispheres just for the insane difficulty. It'd be fun to try!
That would certainly be epic, but I think I'd pass out about half way through La Villa Strangiato.

Raistlin

Ark Malmeida said:
Guess I'm right there with you then. Just saw my 23rd show in September. Been seeing them since the Hold Your Fire tour back in 1987.

I've been trying to catch up. I didn't start until Counterparts, and only saw that tour once. It's been pretty much 3 per tour since :lol

That would certainly be epic, but I think I'd pass out about half way through La Villa Strangiato.

Yeah really. The fact Rush themselves had problems playing it live originally is nuts. Granted now they don't even pay attention while doing it ... they're running around, talking to each other, Alex is trying to get Neil to fuck up, whatever. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ark Malmeida said:
I'd wait a bit. According to the email I got from support, they said to wait until around 3:00 PM EST.
Thanks will do (forgot to mention I'm on 360 in case that's relevant).

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Has anyone with PAL PS3 Rock Band 3 done the export yet?
Mine has freaked out on me.
I entered the code and the "Rock Band 2 Export Pack" became available for purchase.
For some reason it was priced at €1.19 and purchased it but then there is no pack (content) to download.
Its not available in my download history although I have confirmation from PSN email receipt that I purchased it.

Minsc said:
How does the 360 handle patching, is it automatic?

It sounds like they're in need of a patch already, I imagine they issued quite a few with RB2?

I wonder what they'd do for the Wii?

Did any of the patches have any major new content in them?

So many questions! Guess that's what happens when you jump in late.
If you're connected to Xbox Live and you don't have the latest version, it will automatically prompt for an update.

They have released one patch so far, but I'm sure there will be more coming later on. Not that I have had any problems with the game, but it seems that some people have freezing issues.

They didn't release all that many patches for RB2. 3 perhaps? One patch added RBN, and it also changed so that you could sort songs by stars. That's probably the only "major" patch they've released.

The Wii version can't be patched afaik.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Well I'm not the only user with the same issue.
Its the same for the Doors DLC pack on the UK PSN store also.
No content found when you try to download it.

I3rand0

Just for clarification its only the pro bass/guitar parts that cost extra and not the pro keys parts right? If so ill probably just pick up the Doors 9 pack tonight.

Xevren

AvidNobody said:
Do you guys think if I traded in:

Bayonetta
Mass Effect 2
Tekken 6
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy 13
Yakuza 3

I would get enough for the game?!

Probably not, most of those have pretty low trade in values. Maybe if they had some trade in promo going on.

I3rand0 said:
Just for clarification its only the pro bass/guitar parts that cost extra and not the pro keys parts right? If so ill probably just pick up the Doors 9 pack tonight.
Yup. The free 3 pack comes with pro guitar/bass, but not the other 9 songs. Everything from now on out will have pro drums and keys (if there are keys in the song). Pro guitar/bass are on a case by case basis, and sold separately.

Xevren said:
Probably not, most of those have pretty low trade in values. Maybe if they had some trade in promo going on.

FUCK.

They have an extra 20% deal with 3 or more trades. Maybe my parents will spot me. I need this game....

Minsc

Gold Member
AndyMoogle said:
If you're connected to Xbox Live and you don't have the latest version, it will automatically prompt for an update.

They have released one patch so far, but I'm sure there will be more coming later on. Not that I have had any problems with the game, but it seems that some people have freezing issues.

They didn't release all that many patches for RB2. 3 perhaps? One patch added RBN, and it also changed so that you could sort songs by stars. That's probably the only "major" patch they've released.

The Wii version can't be patched afaik.

Thanks! Solid, if not expected answers!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To export songs from AC/DC, I can just put in the # from a fresh copy right? Don't need to play it or load it beforehand.

Ridley327

AstroLad said:
To export songs from AC/DC, I can just put in the # from a fresh copy right? Don't need to play it or load it beforehand.
Yeah, it's just a redemption code you plug into the Marketplace/Store.

JeTmAn81

AvidNobody said:
Do you guys think if I traded in:

Bayonetta
Mass Effect 2
Tekken 6
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy 13
Yakuza 3

I would get enough for the game?!

Not if you traded them in to GameStop. But if you sold them on Amazon, you'd get:

Bayonetta: $16
Mass Effect 2: $13
Tekken 6: $9.59
Uncharted2: $23
Final Fantasy 13: $19
Yakuza 3: $20

Grand total (minus Amazon's cut and shipping costs): Approx. $85. Definitely enough to get Rock Band 3.

Rewrite said:
FUCK this cutscene:

6T3Zo.jpg

When I first get it, it's fine. After the second time, it freezes the game EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Fix this shit, Harmonix.
B4w8l.gif
Just wanted to come in here in post that I am having this exact same issue now. It is driving me nuts.

ahvostik

I pre-ordered a Pro Midi Adapter from www.cduniverse.com

They had a shipping date of 10/28 listed so I was stoked to be able to use my midi drum kit next weekend. I just got off the phone with them and they're now saying it won't ship until November 11th. I'm sure when we get to the 11th they're going to say it's not shipping on the 18th... blah

I love the keyboard enough to keep me busy though.

seriously the greatest game ever created.

what the fucking fuck. For some reason my combo keeps breaking. What the fuck. This is so stupid! It's only on the bass drum parts. What in the world.

Oni Jazar

AvidNobody said:
what the fucking fuck. For some reason my combo keeps breaking. What the fuck. This is so stupid! It's only on the bass drum parts. What in the world.

You're not the first person I've heard complain about this. What drum set do you have?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
parasight said:
Any friendly GAFer wanna help me out? My bundle's been delayed to next week so I won't be able to take advantage of the free Doors pack. I've been calling Rogers Plus stores in attempt to rent it, but they don't have it either. I need someone I can trust to login to my GT and get them into my Download History so I can get the free pack. PM me if you'd like to help.

If nobody's done it yet I'd be willing to.

Oni Jazar said:
You're not the first person I've heard complain about this. What drum set do you have?

IONs and the RB2 pedal. I'm about to throw it through a wall though. Somebody please help! This is so annoying!

I had this problem and it was the plug adapter that was causing the problem. Your using a 1/4th plug for the pedal I'm assuming? I swapped mine for a gold platted one and it went away.

Roarer

DukeSucks said:
I'm loving the game so far, but does the transparency of the highway at the top bother anyone else? I keep getting distracted by the background animations coming through.

Yeah, it bothers me quite a bit. The same thing happened in The Beatles as well. Wish there was a setting to change the opacity of the highway...

Shucks:D

Only played two songs so far. I Love Rock N' Roll and Before I Forget. The latter is really awesome, gonna be a pretty tough FC. Those quick fills throughout the chorus are a bitch!

Slacker

This might be old news, but here's the full list for Tuesday:

Rush – “Subdivisions” X
The Doors – “Light My Fire” X
The Doors – “Riders on the Storm” X
The Doors – “Touch Me” X
The Doors – “Hello, I Love You”
The Doors – “L.A. Woman”
The Doors – “Love Her Madly”
The Doors – “Love Me Two Times”
The Doors – “Peace Frog”
The Doors – “People Are Strange”
The Doors – “Roadhouse Blues”
The Doors – “Soul Kitchen”
The Doors – “The Crystal Ship”

X = pro guitar and bass for $0.99 more. Doors Greatest Hits for $20 or 1600 space bucks.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?205358-DLC-Week-of-11-2-Rush-s-Subdivisions-and-The-Doors-12-Pack-Singles!

Aspiring

So i wont have my copy until Monday and i am in Australia. I have a US rock Band 3 copy coming and just wondering will i still get The Doors DLC pack for free? I know it ends November 2, but like oes anybody know if thats when PSN updates or at midnight some US time?

Top Bottom