• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Ridley327

It's not weird, it's explained right in the RBN docs why. The game is rated T and song releases are targeted towards that even though DLC doesn't have to be T.

The version they used for Guitar Hero had all the goddamns intact, though.

Let's just agree that both companies had weird policies regarding censoring (lest we forget the amusing chucklefucks Neversoft churned out for both American Pie and 2 Minutes to Midnight).

The version they used for Guitar Hero had all the goddamns intact, though.

Let's just agree that both companies had weird policies regarding censoring (lest we forget the amusing chucklefucks Neversoft churned out for both American Pie and 2 Minutes to Midnight).

Thanks again, America.

Joe Molotov

Shit was demoted as a cussword like 3 years ago :p

Goddamn gets censored out if it's used repeatedly through the song (but is also a result of them getting the radio edit).

Bitch and shit are "whatever", it just depends on what master they get.

The only two that aren't allowed at all are cunt and fuck.

What's the official stance on dick? Can there be a lot of dicks, are they limited to just one dick, or does the dick have to be censored out?

Tntnnbltn

• Cobra Starship (ft. Sabi) – “You Make Me Feel” O
• Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) – “Stereo Hearts” O
• Panic at the Disco – “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” X O
• Paramore – “Pressure”

• Sublime with Rome – “Panic” X O
• Travie McCoy (ft. Bruno Mars) – “Billionaire” O

Best DLC week of the year confirmed.

Seriously though, I will be buying the fuck out of the bolded songs

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I remember forever ago Rock Band threads were basically people begging for more Paramore all the time, lol.

That thread has gone on almost another quarter of a million posts since it left GAF. Truly frightening. No one wants Paramore any more now.

EYEL1NER

I remember forever ago Rock Band threads were basically people begging for more Paramore all the time, lol.
Not me....

I'll buy the Panic song but that is probably it.
I read the reveal and then thought 'Damn, Fueled by Ramen' has gone downhill, but after thinking back to some of their older artists and looking up a list, I realized they never had that good of bands on their label.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
The time has come. 2112!

“2112” will be offered as three separate playable packages: one combines “Overture” and “The Temple of Syrinx”; the second features “Discovery” and “Presentation”; and the final track brings “Oracle: The Dream,” “Soliloquy,” and “Grand Finale.”

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players have the option to purchase the single Rush “2112” pack, which features all three of the above tracks, as well as one, 20-minute marathon medley of all seven parts of the suite, exclusively available in this special pack. Additionally, as a bonus, players will receive Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades for all three packages, as well as a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for the medley for free!

Available on Xbox 360 (December 31, 2011), and PlayStation and Wii (January 3rd, 2012)

• Rush – “2112: Overture, The Temple of Syrinx” X
• Rush – “2112: Discovery, Presentation” X
• Rush – “2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 18th)

The tracks will be available as “Rush ‘2112’”with all tracks available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rush ‘2112’” pack
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Long and short of it-

• Three "singles" available
  • Entire track as one thing available as well, in the pack purchase
  • Pro Guitar/Bass for fucking everything, included in the pack purchase (or separate for the singles)
  • Releasing Saturday on XBox, 1/3 on PS3

The time has come. 2112!

Long and short of it-

• Three "singles" available
  • Entire track as one thing available as well, in the pack purchase
  • Pro Guitar/Bass for fucking everything, included in the pack purchase (or separate for the singles)
  • Releasing Saturday on XBox, 1/3 on PS3

That is how I thought they would do it. There is no way they would charge regular price for the entire song, and that is a good price considering how damn long it is. Fantastic news, and if this cold does not get worse in the next two days, I know what I will be playing on New Years Eve.

Gaspode_T

Looking to pick up some songs that are fun to play on Expert Drums, as example Iron Maiden is pretty fun, songs full of double bass I don't really find fun

Any recommendations? I already have all Alice in Chains and Nirvana songs...thinking about picking up missing Slipknot

Even something like that Chicago song (25 or 6 to 4) is pretty fun to play. I also like playing the Rise Against songs but maybe even some more down tempo things would be fine as long as they have a little bit of challenge.

jgkspsx

This is probably the best place to post that I blew a big chunk of my $35 4000 point card on Beatles DLC. I never bought any on Xbox, as I had bought several songs on the Wii and felt generally cheesed off about my wasted money on Wii.

But it's 2012 and I want Harmonix to stay in business, and I really wanted to try out the Abbey Road medley, so what the hey. I got the X360 megabundle dirt cheap back when (I think $90 new shipped?), so it sort of evens out.

Shame that Rubber Soul beat out Revolver, though :\

jgkspsx

The whole album for Revolver isn't available?

I agree with you, though. I just think Rubber Soul is massively overrated, nearly as much as Sgt. Pepper's.

The whole album for Revolver isn't available?

I agree with you, though. I just think Rubber Soul is massively overrated, nearly as much as Sgt. Pepper's.

I always liked the songs off of Sgt Pepper but thought the album was overrated. But then recently I sat and listened to the entire album at once and think it is incredible now. That is one that the sum is truly greater than the parts.

Looking to pick up some songs that are fun to play on Expert Drums, as example Iron Maiden is pretty fun, songs full of double bass I don't really find fun

Any recommendations? I already have all Alice in Chains and Nirvana songs...thinking about picking up missing Slipknot

Even something like that Chicago song (25 or 6 to 4) is pretty fun to play. I also like playing the Rise Against songs but maybe even some more down tempo things would be fine as long as they have a little bit of challenge.

Opeth!

Hop

Forgot to post about this. The PS3 RBN tracks for 1/3:

Chaotrope – The Thief in the Night – Part I (Metal, $0.99)
Christopher J – Dawn of Spring (Other, $0.99)
The Cold Goodnight – Revenants (Alternative, $0.99)
Freen in Green – Riptide Resort (Prog, $0.99)
Mystakin – The End of Progress (Prog, $0.99)
Buckner & Garcia – Found Me the Bomb (Blues, $0.99)
Prototype – The Way It Ends (Metal, $0.99)
Ra Ra Riot – Boy (Indie Rock, $1.99)
Ra Ra Riot – Can You Tell (Indie Rock, $1.99)
Richard Campbell – Frankenstein Teaser Trailer (Prog, $0.99)

FyreWulff

Anyone else playing on Live when this goes up? I'm considering streaming the medley as soon as it finishes downloading. Probably on Bass. If anyone would want to join me, that'd be neat.

t1325325600z1.png

Hop

When does the Fantomenk track release?... On PS3... If ever.

It's dependent on sales and demand. You can post here to add to the demand, but if it's not generally popular or really different (they like to mix it up so it's not all big names and metal) it has a lower chance of making it.

Top Bottom