• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

FyreWulff

7aDzORv.jpg

Joe Molotov

Everyone, let's remember the good times while we sing along! :(

A long long time ago

...in a galaxy far away, Naboo was under an attack...

......American Pie is so fitting. I figured that would be it.

Freaking Harmonix. Tears in my eyes.

Everyone, let's remember the good times while we sing along! :(

A long long time ago

...in a galaxy far away, Naboo was under an attack...

Actually..I think I much prefer this. Totally singing this.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I wanted closing time, but this will have to do. It's really been a great run Harmonix, looking forward to what's going to be announced tomorrow.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wasn't that already known that it was going to be the last song? I remember someone posting a leak in the Xbox side of things.

fitting song, but I don't think I'll buy it. I would've preferred another song to be honest.

Still, Rock Band DLC will be dearly missed by me. :(

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Details:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (March 26th, 2013)

• Chevelle – “Send the Pain Below”
• Chevelle – “The Red” X
• Chevelle – “Face to the Floor”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 27th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Chevelle Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

And, the RBN releases:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 3/21/2013

Indie Rock
Quiet Company - “It’s Better to Spend Money Like There’s No Tomorrow Than Spend Tonight Like There’s No Money” (80 MSP)

Metal
Hopes Die Last - “Unleash Hell” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rainbowdragoneyes - “Thraashbath” (80 MSP) 2x

Rock
The Lora G Band - “The Light” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 3/26/2013 (North America) and 3/27/2013 (Europe):
Eurobeat Brony ft. Odyssey - “Discord (EuroChaos Mix)” ($0.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Cynic - “King of Those Who Know” ($1.99), Metal
Down June - “More” ($0.99), Rock
Van Friscia - “Rise Above” ($0.99), Prog
Freen in Green - “The Final Battle” ($0.99), Prog

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BOSTON--Harmonix today revealed during a PAX East presentation that over 130 million Rock Band songs have been downloaded to date. This is up from 100 million in 2011.

The news as the Rock Band weekly song releases will come to an end after 281 straight weeks on April 2. The final song will be Don McLean's "American Pie." In all, the Rock Band downloadable content library stands at 4,254 songs from 1,657 bands.

The Cambridge, Mass. developer also today showed off a proof-of-concept video for Rock Band: Led Zeppelin, along with images and video for installments based on bands Pink Floyd and Pearl Jam. Harmonix previously denied doing any official work on a Led Zeppelin Rock Band game.

One image from Pink Floyd: Pink Floyd was shown, though Harmonix said this was created in PhotoShop and was merely experimental. It contained the iconic marching hammer imagery from the group's 1979 album The Wall.

The Pearl Jam Rock Band project was announced in 2009, before it was later canceled for unknown reasons. The developer explained that this game was going to place its focus on the Seattle-based group's live performances. A still image depicting singer/guitarist Eddie Vedder and other members of the group was shown.
Source

MNC

Can someone explain to me how RockBand DLC works? I only have Rock Band 3; can I download all DLC from RB1 and RB2, too? I still have some cash on my PSN, and I looked through the store... But the description says all kinds of actions and I'm a bit lost.

Xevren

Can someone explain to me how RockBand DLC works? I only have Rock Band 3; can I download all DLC from RB1 and RB2, too? I still have some cash on my PSN, and I looked through the store... But the description says all kinds of actions and I'm a bit lost.

If you have rb 3 you can get all the dlc. You'd be locked out of RB 3 dlc if you were playing rb 1/2.

FyreWulff

Use the store from inside the game. The category marked "SALE!" is all the RB1/RB2 era DLC, which is all on sale permanently (or as long as Sony keeps it that way) for 1$.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You think anyone will be brave enough to do a marathon of all the songs? Like a charity marathon?

FyreWulff

You think anyone will be brave enough to do a marathon of all the songs? Like a charity marathon?

all 4000 some odd? lolno.

I'm planning on doing one soon, but that's just up to 777 of them. (I'm waiting for all the stuff required to execute it to line up). I'm also only considering it because the average song length of my library makes it possible to complete it within 48 hours.

I could see someone trying a marathon of just the official songs.

FyreWulff

Getting RB1 disc songs on RB3. What do I gotta do to get them?

Buy or borrow Rock Band 1. You don't need a new copy.

Pay 5$ US for the export key (Main Menu -> Extras -> Export Songs I believe), wait for songs to export (it copies them off the disc instead of downloading from Live), now you have most of the RB1 songs

Buy or borrow Rock Band 1. You don't need a new copy.

Pay 5$ US for the export key (Main Menu -> Extras -> Export Songs I believe), wait for songs to export (it copies them off the disc instead of downloading from Live), now you have most of the RB1 songs

Is the export key tied to the profile? We had them before on our old box but couldn't find anything about the RB1 stuff when transferring to the new box.

FyreWulff

Is the export key tied to the profile? We had them before on our old box but couldn't find anything about the RB1 stuff when transferring to the new box.

Oh. You did the license transfer for all your DLC? Then download the key again and re-export the disc.

If you copied the harddrive from the old one to the new one, re-downloading the key might make all the RB1 songs show up again. RB2 and RB3 doesn't load them unless it sees that license key file.

Oh. You did the license transfer for all your DLC? Then download the key again and re-export the disc.

If you copied the harddrive from the old one to the new one, re-downloading the key might make all the RB1 songs show up again. RB2 and RB3 doesn't load them unless it sees that license key file.

We need the disc for RB1? Fuuuuuck. We gave that to a friend ages ago after exporting on to our, now old, xbox. Damn.

FyreWulff

We need the disc for RB1? Fuuuuuck. We gave that to a friend ages ago after exporting on to our, now old, xbox. Damn.

You should be able to find it cheaply or maybe ask someone if you can borrow theirs locally. I don't know what your situation is like over there, but the Gamestops alone here in Vancouver all seem to have like, 10 copies of RB1 for 5$ each. And no copies of RB2, which I actually wanted to re-buy for a project.

You should be able to find it cheaply or maybe ask someone if you can borrow theirs locally. I don't know what your situation is like over there, but the Gamestops alone here in Vancouver all seem to have like, 10 copies of RB1 for 5$ each. And no copies of RB2, which I actually wanted to re-buy for a project.

I'll if Zeouterlimits has a copy. Krow and I have gone through about 3 or 4 sets of RB equipment. There were stores here selling them for crazy low prices. I still want to get some post RB1 gear. We have a wrench taped to our bass pedal but there's always something wrong with the pads or clasps on each kit.

I played on a pro kit once. It was beautiful. The later gear is so rare in Europe, let alone Ireland. Prices soar.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (April 2nd):

• Don McLean – “American Pie” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 3rd)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 3/28/2013:

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Jeff Ball - “Vapor Radian” (80 MSP)

Metal
Hopes Die Last - “Unleash Hell” (160 MSP) 2x

Punk
Terror - “The New Blood” (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN releases scheduled for Tuesday, 4/2/2013 (North America) and 4/3/2013 (Europe):

Jerry Lee Lewis - “Great Balls of Fire” ($1.99), Rock
Children of Nova - “Impossible Landscape” ($1.99), Prog
Dance for the Dying - “Ordinary Objects” ($0.99), Pop-Rock
Ava Inferi - “The Living End” ($1.99), Metal
The Dillinger Escape Plan - “Parasitic Twins” ($1.99), Metal

TesseracT - “Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Prog
Attack Attack! - “Last Breath (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Metal
A Day to Remember - “All Signs Point to Lauderdale (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Rock
A Day to Remember - “2nd Sucks (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Rock
August Burns Red - “Internal Cannon (2x Bass Pedal)” ($1.99), Metal

Nothing left but XBox RBN releases going forward. So it goes.

FyreWulff

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-guns-of-navarro-i-m-with-the-rock-band/1100-4612/

Still, I think maybe my favorite all-time goof involved a relatively unremarkable song, considering the scope of the catalog. At some point, generally forgettable alt-metal band Papa Roach put out a few songs as DLC, including their hit single "Last Resort." Hilariously, the version provided to Harmonix wasn't the usual mastered recording typically sent over, but rather the original stems, sans any filtering, effects, or other studio magic designed to make musicians sound, well, good. Through some amazing set of circumstances, those tracks made their way through the entire DLC production process and ended up in the in-game store, resulting in a version of the song that sounded like a cheap, shitty demo recording. In truth, I believe it is actually the recording used on the album, but without the processing required to make the instruments sound better, and without any effects on singer Jacoby Shaddix's vocals. One of my secret loves of the Rock Band series is that it let music nerds pick apart individual instrument tracks, listening for bits and pieces you might not have noticed. This was maybe the perfect bizarre example of this, in that it pulled back the curtain in an unintended way and let you see exactly what a popular band might sound like before studio magic makes them sound presentable.

Even better, the track was never replaced with the proper version. You can still download the janked-up version right now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
They didn't even bother adding pro guitar support for their last song ever? Pathetic. No buy from me then.
Come on dawg, it's their last song. Give em a break, they've certainly earned it.

Hahaha, that was what they originally sounded without all the post processing? I thought it was just a terrible demo, god damn. I still remember the day my friend was so excited and I watched him play the track, oh I could taste the disappointment. I was going to buy the song until he saved me the cash.

It would be interesting if we were to compare how many songs we've accumulated, I will count on tuesday. Oh man, I don't think any game will ever get the amount of love (read: money) from me ever again.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hoping their next gen games are even more fun but after shitty dancing games I somehow doubt it.

You didn't even play any of them, have you? I'll admit, I was skeptical at first, but the Dance Central series is a solid set of games, dare I say best dancing games on the market. Pretty much the only reason to own a kinect.

Top Bottom