• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Nice to get REO Speedwagon with harmonies finally. Still want a rerelease of Roll With the Changes with keys and harmonies. That would be EPIC.

Holy freaking gods of Harmonix, YES! Glory of Love is my most wanted song in this game. Valentine is the best time for song packs, at least for my piano ballady taste.

Another great week of DLC. I don't know how Harmonix still does it after all this time. I would love to play More Than Words on guitar.

Nice to get REO Speedwagon with harmonies finally. Still want a rerelease of Roll With the Changes with keys and harmonies. That would be EPIC.
Follow the Rock Band Harmonies Project. They might get to it.

As for this DLC announcemet... Valentines DLC has always been old love songs I've never heard of and this is no differet. Interesting novely with the included Pro upgrade, tough.

Follow the Rock Band Harmonies Project. They might get to it.

As for this DLC announcemet... Valentines DLC has always been old love songs I've never heard of and this is no differet. Interesting novely with the included Pro upgrade, tough.

You have probably heard them at some point in your life. Listen to them, most of them are awesome.

FyreWulff

PS3. I noticed that it wasn't listed on the blog update either, so none in Europe got it?

It says in the release "(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 13th)" so it should eventually work. If a song isn't available in Europe, it won't show up in your store at all.

I've had the "Currently Unavailable" show up for me before in RB3 and the store app on 360 (sometimes for every single song in the store), it's Rock Central having a hiccup. Try again in an hour.

It says in the release "(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 13th)" so it should eventually work. If a song isn't available in Europe, it won't show up in your store at all.

I've had the "Currently Unavailable" show up for me before in RB3 and the store app on 360 (sometimes for every single song in the store), it's Rock Central having a hiccup. Try again in an hour.

"Rock Band 3
A Single Drop Of Red (The Gentleman) (£0.59/€0.75)
Angels And Demons (£1.19/€1.49)
Keep On Loving You (£1.19/€1.49)
Keep On Running From My Love (£0.59/€0.75)
Love Hurts (£1.19/€1.49)
More Than Words (£1.19/€1.49)
My Little Girl (£1.19/€1.49)
Naughty Naughty (£1.19/€1.49)
Tainted Love (£1.19/€1.49)"

This is the EU PS3 blog, so I'm getting worried.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
PS3. I noticed that it wasn't listed on the blog update either, so none in Europe got it?

If that's the case, it's not intentional. Nothing in the announcement says anything about Europe being different. I didn't see any complaining on the official forums, and that's usually the frontline of whine, so I'd either give it another hour or so or just tell Harmonix of the issue.

If that's the case, it's not intentional. Nothing in the announcement says anything about Europe being different. I didn't see any complaining on the official forums, and that's usually the frontline of whine, so I'd either give it another hour or so or just tell Harmonix of the issue.

I sent a notice on Twitter, let's see how it goes. Also asked on the blog.

While I'm asking, did anyone notice "Perfekte Welle" going away? I don't seem to have it anymore and I'm quite annoyed.

Oh fuck:

"

Posted on 13 February, 2013 at 4:20 pm by Jawad Ashraf

It appears your Valentine’s Day will have to be put on hold. Glory of Love is not due until next month."

I'm betting Sony guy has no clue, Harmonix replied:

"Harmonix Music @Harmonix

We have heard that there is an issue and we are working with Sony to resolve it. Sorry!"

Hop

This week in RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 2/14/2013

Metal
Chaotrope - “Synesthesia” (80 MSP)

Other
John Parr - “At the Cathedral” (80 MSP)

Rock
Sonic Boom Six - “Virus” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 2/19/2013 (North America) and 2/20/2013 (Europe)
Dir En Grey - "Dozing Green" ($1.99), Metal
Icon & the Black Roses - "Black Rose" ($0.99), Alternative
Active Knowledge - "The Fractal Reason" ($1.99), Pop/Dance/Electronic
Psychostick - "Political Bum" ($1.99), Metal
Order of Voices - "Reaching Down" ($0.99), Prog

Official DLC:

• Barenaked Ladies – “One Week” O
• Collective Soul – “Shine”
• Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More ‘Touch Me’”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 20th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

6 Blitz tracks remaining.

Hop

Do people like the Chaotrope stuff, or is it just people wanting to punish themselves with ridiculous charts?

I sure hope it's the latter. I don't even like reviewing them (the charts are straight from the track MIDI, so they're not quantized and that's really annoying).

Oh shit, Dir En Grey in Rock Band?

Kinda wish I still played, because that would be too much fun. I'm guessing it's the English language version of Dozing Green.

FyreWulff

Finally hit this milestone in Blitz:

DQsp96E.png

I went and grabbed the Beethoven song at 898 and went from rank ~53 on the leaderboards to 38 or so. I feel only slightly dirty.

The last two songs I have left to gold are Tuesday's Gone and Do You Feel Like We Do (live).

FyreWulff

A couple of years late but I finally took the plunge & bought Rock Band.
Rock Band 3 Band-in-a-Box Bass Bundle for Xbox 360

I'm looking forward to trying it but I'm not sure if my kids ( 9 and 5 ) will enjoy it. Any DLC recommendations/tips for the younger kids.

They've got Spongebob DLC and a couple of the free DLC songs are kid friendly.

I wrote this guide on another forum a while back, if you can find Lego for cheap it's a good way to get a bunch of E-rated songs available in Rock Band fast. There's also links to the free songs there so you can queue them up.

FyreWulff

Great guide. Thank you.

As a side note, you can contact EA support for a free Rock Band 2 manual code if you want the Rock Band 2 songs, then you only have to pay the 800msp export fee. The tradeoff is that code will not work for redeeming the 20 free bonus RB2 DLC song pack.

FyreWulff

My nine year old loves a few of the songs. In particular the sorta repetitive ones like I Miss You by Blink 182. He also loves Still Alive (The Portal Song). All the songs have the cuss words blanked, so you should be pretty golden if you know the content won't be problem. Also, start them on easy on no fail mode. Drums seem to be easier for the younger ones too.

Well, most of them. El Scorcho opens with "God damn you half-Japanese girls do it to me everytime" :lol

Anyway, here's a quick guide to the parental controls.

You can see a song is considered "Family Friendly" on it's more info screen. It'll have the green "FF" badge:*

6H3yPyZl.jpg

(All RB1 and RB2 era content with this label will also be loaded by Lego Rock Band as DLC)

Press the Back button, scroll down to Song Ratings. If you check the 'Family Friendly' box, only FF-rated songs will show up in the list.

OmMvvI2l.jpg

You can also control which songs show up by using the review system. It's the 1-5 rating system under the album art you can change with X.

All of these songs are 1-lightered:
w0qhZHFl.jpg

Selecting this option will now hide those songs from being selected. This also works on songs on-disc and songs inside packs. So you can have fine control over which songs you want to show up.
OBtZeRTl.jpg

* The entire RB2 export is marked as 'Supervision Recommended' even though there are clearly kid-friendly songs in it.

Hop

Wonder what that means for RBN.

On the PS3 side, no more ports after April 2nd. On the XBox side, it keeps going until it can't technically anymore. Or, when the community dwindles to where it's not functional, whichever comes first. (I know I'm now getting out when my subscription expires, I'd been leaning towards that anyway.)

Top Bottom