• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
egocrata said:
This week´s DLC reminded me on how much I do hate Duran Duran. My wife´s music taste is terrible sometimes. Ugh.
bionicnes-11.png

radjago

M3wThr33 said:
Pfft. You and your lack of solos, effects switches, edged fret guards and photo sensor amuses me.
The photo sensor will be used exactly once to calibrate my setup, then it will become a conversation piece at best.

egocrata said:
This week´s DLC reminded me on how much I do hate Duran Duran. My wife´s music taste is terrible sometimes. Ugh.
Agreed. New Wave illustrates everything that was wrong about the 80s and deserves no place in Rock Band or rock history for that matter.

Crateman

Rock Band becomes Game of the Forever next Tuesday. Releasing Moving Pictures sealed the deal. I mean, my favorite disc from my favorite Rock Band, which includes 4 of my favorite songs ever...

24gndww.jpg

And YYZ is THE song that was made to be played in Rock Band. Guitar, bass and drums galore!

M3wThr33

Banned
Crateman said:
And YYZ is THE song that was made to be played in Rock Band. Guitar, bass and drums galore!

Kinda missing one part there.

The song is invisible when any vocalist is in play.

Dizzan

MINI Member
TheHeretic said:
In before Australians.

...hey wait i'm australian.

I'm Aussie. Fuck Rockband!! :p

Seriously though, I am considering picking up RB2 (game only) to play on my GHWT instruments.

I'm not buying the RB instruments out of spite (yes I'm bitter) but I was just curious if all the RB dlc will work?

Are there any sites with a comprehesive list of all the songs?

It's probably not the right place to ask but will GHIII DLC be compatible with GHWT? Will they add in the other instruments??

Thanks

M3wThr33

Banned
Dizzan said:
It's probably not the right place to ask but will GHIII DLC be compatible with GHWT? Will they add in the other instruments??

I won't discourage it.

DLC will not work. Guaranteed. Disappointing.
Supposedly a new instrument will be released ONLY to help you make songs in the music maker.

Dizzan

MINI Member
M3wThr33 said:
I won't discourage it.

DLC will not work. Guaranteed. Disappointing.
Supposedly a new instrument will be released ONLY to help you make songs in the music maker.

Thanks. Very disappointing.

I suppose it would be a pain in the ass to make it compatible with a fairly different game.

It doesn't really bother me either way as this will be my first game in either series. I guess RB will have the bigger library of the two.

Sorry for straying off-topic. ROCK BAND YEAH!!

Brashnir

radjago said:
The photo sensor will be used exactly once to calibrate my setup, then it will become a conversation piece at best.

Agreed. New Wave illustrates everything that was wrong about the 80s and deserves no place in Rock Band or rock history for that matter.

Let's not go crazy here. Duran Duran may suck, but let's not drag every New Wave track through their mud.

Belgand

Ok, so I closedd the deal. 60 GB PS3 with Sixaxis (ugh... damn you pricey, pricey DS3!), two Frontman guitars (meh... I think I might sell at least one when RB2 comes out if the guitar is improved in quality these are kinda flaky and cheap-feeling... still, better than when I was just gonna get a converter for my PS2 guitars), 1 Rock Band mic, a copy of Rock Band, a copy of Karaoke Revolution: American Idol: Encore (brain-melting terror... Belgand loathes karaoke, the karaoke games, and has boundless hatred for not just the execution, but the very concept of American Idol). Oh yeah, and both RB and KR have pretty much all of their DLC. Up until the week before last (Cruefest, SOAD). Total paid? $525.

I'm going to talk to Sony just to be amazingly certain, but not only do I have the passwords and all the relevant information for the main account, but the person selling didn't even bother to blank out their credit card information. I will, of course, be doing the responsible thing
MASSIVE SHOPPING SPREE!!!!!
, but it still stings a little bit to give up my ability to do evil. Still, the seller was amazingly nice and even wrote out a little bill of sale (with a guarantee! I've never heard of anyone doing this sort of thing) and gave me all the passwords and such. They even sent me a message to the main account checking that everything was working.

I'm not quite online yet because I need to double-check that I can just take their existing account change the name, e-mail, credit card, and password... but still not lose access to the DLC, but I don't think that should be a problem. I just, y'know, don't want to run any chance of losing it.

I suck to a horrifyingly expected degree on vocals. Of course, I also personally loathe my voice and know that I can't sing and don't like to sing, but I'm sure I'll eventually get a bit better (and I have at least one friend nearby who likes the games and actually sings really well).

Man, RB2 can't come soon enough. Sorting through all of this DLC really is a pain in the ass.

The only problem is that RB2 plus drums is going to run dangerously close to the price of just buying the damn bundle.

Oh and I'm amazed at how terrible and borderline unreadable the PS Store is on a standard def TV.

Edit: Some component cables fixed that right up. Sure it's still into an SD TV (not even progressive scan), but everything cleaned up immediately and immensely.

DuckRacer

I've been out of the loop for a day or so, this has been posted right?
PS. For those of you that have been asking about more full albums, we’ll actually be announcing 6 MORE albums (in addition to Moving Pictures) before the end of the month. Want to be clear though that it will be closer to the end of the month (ie not today, as all of Harmonix is on a yearly summer party day off…except for our crew out here in Europe. We’re grinding away!) That G4 tease caused a little bit of confusion…but rest assured you’ll be hearing about more full albums WICKED SOON, just not this week…cool?
http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/HMXJohnD/410850

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Belgand said:
Ok, so I closedd the deal. 60 GB PS3 with Sixaxis (ugh... damn you pricey, pricey DS3!), two Frontman guitars (meh... I think I might sell at least one when RB2 comes out if the guitar is improved in quality these are kinda flaky and cheap-feeling... still, better than when I was just gonna get a converter for my PS2 guitars), 1 Rock Band mic, a copy of Rock Band, a copy of Karaoke Revolution: American Idol: Encore (brain-melting terror... Belgand loathes karaoke, the karaoke games, and has boundless hatred for not just the execution, but the very concept of American Idol). Oh yeah, and both RB and KR have pretty much all of their DLC. Up until the week before last (Cruefest, SOAD). Total paid? $525.

I'm going to talk to Sony just to be amazingly certain, but not only do I have the passwords and all the relevant information for the main account, but the person selling didn't even bother to blank out their credit card information. I will, of course, be doing the responsible thing
MASSIVE SHOPPING SPREE!!!!!
, but it still stings a little bit to give up my ability to do evil. Still, the seller was amazingly nice and even wrote out a little bill of sale (with a guarantee! I've never heard of anyone doing this sort of thing) and gave me all the passwords and such. They even sent me a message to the main account checking that everything was working.

I'm not quite online yet because I need to double-check that I can just take their existing account change the name, e-mail, credit card, and password... but still not lose access to the DLC, but I don't think that should be a problem. I just, y'know, don't want to run any chance of losing it.

I suck to a horrifyingly expected degree on vocals. Of course, I also personally loathe my voice and know that I can't sing and don't like to sing, but I'm sure I'll eventually get a bit better (and I have at least one friend nearby who likes the games and actually sings really well).

Man, RB2 can't come soon enough. Sorting through all of this DLC really is a pain in the ass.

The only problem is that RB2 plus drums is going to run dangerously close to the price of just buying the damn bundle.

Oh and I'm amazed at how terrible and borderline unreadable the PS Store is on a standard def TV.

You should be able to re-do the credit card details and information, but you're stuck with the account name unfortunately.

Oh, and welcome to the current Gen :D Buy Uncharted, RAWR!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I haven't played RB in over a week. I think I'm holding out for the next generation of toy instruments.

Magik

BigBlackGamer said:
Im thinkin about not playing until RB2 as well. just DL the DLC and keep it there.

I won't be playing until RB2 as well... because my 360 is dead. :(

Hopefully the rumored price drop for the Arcade comes true.

radjago said:

From a UK perspective Duran Duran is not New Wave, they are New Romantics. This movement followed the New Wave and was heavily influnced by Bowie circa Ashes to Ashes, hence the big hair and make-up. Also see Spadau Ballet and Thompson Twins.

New Wave was the movement that followed Punk and you would include Elvis Costello, The Police and Dexy's Midnight Runners.

The UK music scene during the 70's and early 80's was very parocial and filled with many music sub-genres. Glam Rock, Prog Rock, Pub Rock, Punk, New Wave, New Romantics after this mainstream rock music became more US influnced in the UK with the arrival of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Cyndi Lauper, Whitney Houston dominating the UK scene until we had the second summer of love, the rebirth of indie, house music and the whole E revolution.

So any conclusions yet on what will be the best universal set of instruments to have (out of the stuff packaged in, not the $300 dollar drums or stuff like that). At this point I'm leaning towards getting the GH instruments, as I assume the guitar will work on both although I worry about potential akwardness of the yellow pad being a cymbal. Anyone else decide which instrument set they are getting?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm prolly getting RB2 game only, a RB2 strat and the full GHWT box set. My only concern is how songs that have the hi hat mapped to red are going to work with the GHWT kit.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Archie said:
I'm prolly getting RB2 game only, a RB2 strat and the full GHWT box set. My only concern is how songs that have the hi hat mapped to red are going to work with the GHWT kit.

If you are talking about using the GH drums in RB, the colors are set up perfectly. If the note is red you hit the red. Orange won't work at all.

ION Drumkit Payed off via Amazon. RB2 Drums & Srat payed off at gamestop. RB2 game itself payed off.

Im scared the RB2 drums will drop notes and be inconsistent like the RB1 drums. ION is the backup just incase. I will rock the RB2 drums until I get my ION from Amazon.

If the somehow the RB2 stock drums are godly I will cancel my ION kit order or if I manage to get it before I can cancel I will just send it back. All bases are covered unless the ION and RB2 drumkit are shit. then Im screwed. :(

Gowans

Ben Ben Ben where's the song lists in the op, this has to be the one stop shop, get that reserved post used sun shine!

Rock Band 1:

Rock Band 2:

DLC:

This Weeks DLC:

Up & Coming/Rumoured:

Anyway really looking forward to the second, I was gona skip GHWT all togetherbut they will have Death Magnetic on its release as DLC and also the Rumoured Metallica version I can not miss.

Still pondering if I will switch to the new instruments too. That latency thing look nice and the pressure sensitive drums could be hot (I love DRUMS!) maybe I'll even get the GT WT kit.

Any news on UK release plans?

sneaky77

Archie said:

I think the GHWT kit will work just color matching, so red on red, yellow on yellow etc.. and you just won't use the second cymbal which is orange in the GH kit

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
sneaky77 said:
I think the GHWT kit will work just color matching, so red on red, yellow on yellow etc.. and you just won't use the second cymbal which is orange in the GH kit
That's gonna make RTTH awkward. =/ Oh well, at least I know it'll be more reliable than my current drum kit.

Gowans007 said:
Ben Ben Ben where's the song lists in the op,

Seems so utterly pointless. Here, I'll do the work:

Downloadable songs

Rock Band 1 songs

Rock Band 2 songs

What's the point of putting them in the OP when Wiki has a much better system for displaying and ordering said content? Seems like a lot of unneeded work to me. Keep the first post as a centralised HUB of amazing information that stops people asking the same fucking questions every 50 posts.

XShagrath

TheGreatDave said:
What's the point of putting them in the OP when Wiki has a much better system for displaying and ordering said content? Seems like a lot of unneeded work to me. Keep the first post as a centralised HUB of amazing information that stops people asking the same fucking questions every 50 posts.
I do something similar on another forum I frequent for the DLC. However, I also link in youtube vids for X guitar and drums, as well as put in all of the tiering. It's nice to have a one-stop shop to all of these things. Also, wiki has a lot of inaccurate/blatantly false info that people tend to take as true sometimes.

The Replacements - "Alex Chilton"

Day one.

Rock Band 2 does really have a great selection. But the 'mats put it over the top.

Track List

Abnormality - "Visions"
AC/DC - "Let There Be Rock"
AFI - "Girl's Gone Grey"
Alanis Morissette - "You Oughta Know"
Alice in Chains - "Man in the Box"
Allman Brothers - "Ramblin' Man"
Anarchy Club - "Get Clean"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Almost Easy"
Bad Company - "Shooting Star"
Bang Camaro - "Night Lies"
Beastie Boys - "So Watcha Want"
Beck - "E-pro"
Bikini Kill - "Rebel Girl"
Billy Idol - "White Wedding Pt. I "
Blondie - "One Way or Another"
Bob Dylan - "Tangled Up in Blue"
Bon Jovi - "Livin' on a Prayer"
Breaking Wheel - "Shoulder to the Plow"
Cheap Trick - "Hello There"
Devo - "Uncontrollable Urge"
Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel the Pain"
Disturbed - "Down with the Sickness"
Dream Theater - "Panic Attack "
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
Elvis Costello - "Pump it Up"
Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
Foo Fighters - "Everlong "
Guns N' Roses - "Shackler's Revenge"
Interpol - "PDA"
Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
Jethro Tull - "Aqualung"
Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
Joan Jett - "Bad Reputation"
Journey - "Anyway You Want It"
Judas Priest - "Painkiller"
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"
L7 - "Pretend We're Dead"
Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
Libyans - "Neighborhood"
Linkin Park - "One Step Closer"
Lit - "My Own Worst Enemy"
Lush - "De-Luxe"
Mastodon - "Colony of Birchmen"
Megadeth - "Peace Sells"
Metallica - "Battery"
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Where'd You Go"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Motorhead - "Ace of Spades "
Nirvana - "Drain You"
Norman Greenbaum - "Spirit in the Sky "
Panic at the Disco - "Nine in the Afternoon"
Paramore - "That's What You Get"
Pearl Jam - "Alive"
Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump"
Rage Against the Machine - "Testify"
Ratt - "Round & Round"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give it Away "
Rise Against - "Give it All"
Rush - "The Trees"
Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
Social Distortion - "I Was Wrong"
Sonic Youth - "Teenage Riot"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
Speck - "Conventional Lover"
Squeeze - "Cool for Cats"
Steely Dan - "Bodhitsattva"
Steve Miller Band - "Rock'n Me"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey "
Talking Heads - "Psycho Killer"
Tenacious D - "Master Exploder"
Testament - "Souls of Black"
That Handsome Devil - "Rob the Prez-o-Dent"
The Donnas - "New Kid in School"
The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
The Grateful Dead - "Alabama Getaway"
The Guess Who - "American Woman"
The Main Drag - "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"
The Muffs - "Kids in America "
The Offspring - "Come Out & Play"
The Replacements - "Alex Chilton"
The Sterns - "Supreme Girl"
The Who - "Pinball Wizard "

XShagrath said:
I do something similar on another forum I frequent for the DLC. However, I also link in youtube vids for X guitar and drums, as well as put in all of the tiering. It's nice to have a one-stop shop to all of these things. Also, wiki has a lot of inaccurate/blatantly false info that people tend to take as true sometimes.

I guess. I just wouldn't envy the job of having to update an OP weekly. If Benjo Birdo is up the the challenge then more power to him, but I always find Wiki to be a pretty good resource just because of the ability to order columns alphabetically or chronologically.

What are the most over exposed bands in Rock Band and Guitar Hero?

Rush
Foo Fighters

I mean these two bands are in everything. Any others?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Foo Fighters have only had 2 songs in RB/RB2 which means we need My Hero and Best of You as DLC.

Gowans007 said:
Ben Ben Ben where's the song lists in the op, this has to be the one stop shop, get that reserved post used sun shine!

Rock Band 1:

Rock Band 2:

DLC:

This Weeks DLC:

Up & Coming/Rumoured:

Yeah, I'm working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom