• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Soooo many songs between RB/RB2/DLC, yet not even ONE Rancid song...wtf
They're like the modern day successor of The Clash.

The lack of modern (90s/00s) punk in RB continues to upset me.

AMUSIX

Charron said:
Oh, I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just hoping it's the case.

I also think more things should be confirmed via car horn.
Just got word that somewhere in Boston a car horn honked...so I can only assume that it was Dan confirming a new band.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
AMUSIX said:
Just got word that somewhere in Boston a car horn honked...so I can only assume that it was Dan confirming a new band.

Thanks for playing along. :p

Anyway. Even though they're kinda same-ish with their sound and wouldn't sell much better than Doolittle, I've found Villains by The Verve Pipe would work just fine for the game. Of course, everyone would just get The Freshmen, which would probably be the least interesting song on the album. It'd be some new grunge though.

XShagrath

If we're doing Geddy Tuesdays, then I'm going to start Metal Mondays! All the cool people can play along! Look for some song suggestions in a couple of days.

Ten-Song

XShagrath said:
If we're doing Geddy Tuesdays, then I'm going to start Metal Mondays! All the cool people can play along! Look for some song suggestions in a couple of days.

If going for a Rush theme, I'd prefer Lifeson Sundays.

Ten-Song

JonathanEx said:
I vote instead of Hayley friday, Geddy Tuesday, and Metal Mondays, we have... Queen week.

That would have to be more of a holiday, like... for instance, maybe if Queen tracks ever get released for the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
33vhsi8.jpg

AMUSIX

Where is
eric-clapton-picture-1.jpg
?

There some exclusivity thing I'm not aware of? If not..can we just get Timepieces and be done with it?

XShagrath

You know what would be really awesome?

If you people who post pics of bands and people would say what fucking bands and/or fucking people these are!

I know Clapton, but I don't know who this other douchy guy is. Same with the other posts of 40 guys who all look the same.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
AMUSIX said:
How about we agree if they just do a full album release?

Might I suggest 75 tracks of awesomeness?

....Well that's one way to hit the 500 mark....

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I remember hearing about Fender making guitar controllers from real guitars. Anything new there? I suck at Rock Band and other rhythm games, but I'd buy this. And that real electronic drum controller, too. :D

I swear, I'll actually buy (and keep) the game this time.

I have way too many posts in the Rock Band thread without actually owning it.

Core Zero

Posting in the new thread!

Crateman said:
Both statements are true. No need to argue. Rush and Paramore can coexist in the game.

I agree with this. It is possible to enjoy both, people.

Also, more Muse! More Foo Fighters!

Zzoram

I don't actually listen to music except occasionally on the car radio. Rock Band is still my favourite multiplayer game, and it's pretty much my only exposure to music. I actually want to pay money for Rock Band DLC, whereas I'd never even consider buying a CD or itunes tracks, or bothering with P2P downloads.

birdman

TheGreatDave said:
Creep. Fucking Creep.

Whoever decided on that, fuck you.

Paranoid Android would be a difficult fit for the game really, but there's plenty of good Radiohead songs that would work. Just would have been much better than My Iron Lung, and every single song off Kid A would probably be better than fucking Creep. Seriously. Fuck Creep.

A-fucking-men Dave.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I want more songs from Guitar Hero 1 and 2.

I would kill for Symphony of Destruction, Dead!, and Ziggy Stardust.

Magik

Anybody here playing on the PS3? I was wondering if you can give me some opinions on the how well the game runs on the system. I'm seriously considering moving to the PS3 for Rock Band/Guitar Hero. D:

birdman

Magik said:
Anybody here playing on the PS3? I was wondering if I you give me some opinions on the how well the game runs on the system. I'm seriously considering moving to the PS3 for Rock Band/Guitar Hero. D:

It runs great. Don't have any problems with it. Sound seems a bit better for it too. You'll just have to wait a few more days for DLC to come out.

Drakken

Listened through Moving Pictures today. It had been awhile since I listened to Red Barchetta; it's really good. I think that one will be a nice surprise for a lot of people. YYZ will be awesome to play. Tom Sawyer and Limelight, well, we know about those already. As for the last three songs on the disc, I'm not a big fan. They're a bit more repetitive and not as interesting as the other Rush songs.

Still, I'm really looking forward to playing through them all Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be able to group up with some people here for an album run-through. :)

Speaking of Clapton, more jazzy/bluesy rock would be fantastic. My favorite songs from the GH games tend to be jazzy rock - Crossroads from GH I, Gemini from GH II, the Stevie Ray song from GH III. I find them to be the most fun to play and the best songs to really get into. This is strictly guitar-oriented, though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Magik said:
Anybody here playing on the PS3? I was wondering if I you give me some opinions on the how well the game runs on the system. I'm seriously considering moving to the PS3 for Rock Band/Guitar Hero. D:

The only performance issues I'm aware of are sub-HD resolution on the PS3 version of GH3 and a complete inability to boot the definitive version of GH2.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The solo 8 minutes into The Cameras Eye scares me. It sounds like Free Bird insanity for a good couple seconds. Those damn really long ass songs always do shit like that just to fail people in music games made 2 or 3 decades later. Bastards.

DuckRacer

Sp3eD said:
I want more songs from Guitar Hero 1 and 2.

I would kill for Symphony of Destruction, Dead!, and Ziggy Stardust.
I would kill for the entirety of GH2's tracklist having a release in Rock Band. All masters as well.

Sweet Child O' Mine, Hangar 18, Free Bird, Beast and the Harlot, Killing in the Name, Heart Shaped Box, Crazy On You, The Trooper, Stop, Dead, etc.

Too bad GnR is exclusive to GH, KitN would have a really awkward ending, Iron Maiden and apparently Heart both do not have proper masters, and so on. :(

Luckily, Carry On Wayward Son is in RB2 and that's totally awesome, so I'm hoping for everything else that's doable.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Charron said:
Shackler's Revenge.

Also, you know how Tom Morello had a deal for GH3 and RAtM is in Rock Band 2? Yeah...
Shackler's Revenge is only in there to curry favor to get the good stuff, lol. I thought the same thing about Hole being in RB1, given Courtney Love's influence over the catalog of that certain other band.

Ten-Song

Duck said:
Sweet Child O' Mine, Hangar 18, Free Bird, Beast and the Harlot, Killing in the Name, Heart Shaped Box, Crazy On You, The Trooper, Stop, Dead, etc.

That'd still suck, even if it was a master track, because it'd still have to be a "radio friendly" version.

As for the rest? Eh, there were some really awesome songs in GH2, but I'd like for GH1's set list to come back more.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I love a lot of the music in RB but I can't help but think that some more mainstream music would sell more units. It might sound "poncy" to most of the hardcore on here but if it helped sell units, I can't see it being a bad thing. This also applies to GH.

I'm talking:

Coldplay
U2
John Mayer
Bruce Springsteen
Counting Crows
David Gray
INXS
The Kooks

More:
Jimmy Eat World
Blink 182
Bon Jovi

even bands like:
3 doors down
Goo Goo Dolls

One Hit Wonders:
Eagle Eye Cherry - Are u still having fun?
Choirboys-Run to Paradise
Fuel-Shimmer (ok they had more nut whatever)

And then of course there's:
Beatles
Queen
The Stones
Even some Elvis songs might work and surely sell units.

Onemic

Still waiting for my Leviathan and Songs for the deaf album DLC. If any one of these albums makes it as one of the 6 albums announced before the end of the month I'll be one happy man.

RedBoot

I still say it's a crime that Lordi hasn't been in any music game besides Singstar.

As for the unknown albums, full sets of anything from Muse, Queen, or Bowie would definitely get a full purchase from me. As well as the comedy Dethklok option.

Johnkers

Dizzan said:
They will be $500 in Australia, so yes.

There is always room to sell more. Don't be so narrow minded.

Narrow minded in what sense? I want about half those bands you've listed in the game. As a fan of the game I think it's kind of strange that you're considering their bottom line first, especially considering what a huge success it's been

onemic said:
Still waiting for my Leviathan and Songs for the deaf album DLC. If any one of these albums makes it as one of the 6 albums announced before the end of the month I'll be one happy man.
if Songs for the Deaf is picked I hope they leave the DJ parts in. :)

Grecco

Duck said:
I would kill for the entirety of GH2's tracklist having a release in Rock Band. All masters as well.

Too bad GnR is exclusive to GH, KitN would have a really awkward ending, Iron Maiden and apparently Heart both do not have proper masters, and so on. :(

Luckily, Carry On Wayward Son is in RB2 and that's totally awesome, so I'm hoping for everything else that's doable.

Missing something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFQG2xHjZc

Having more Dethklock on RB would be so neat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom