• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnkers

bune duggy said:
if Songs for the Deaf is picked I hope they leave the DJ parts in. :)

:D

My PS2 broke by the time Guitar Hero came out so ever since they announced GH2 was getting DLC on 360, I've been waiting for No One Knows to come out. That fact that it STILL hasn't makes me very sad

edit: :lol = :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
Johnkers said:
Narrow minded in what sense? I want about half those bands you've listed in the game. As a fan of the game I think it's kind of strange that you're considering their bottom line first, especially considering what a huge success it's been

Maybe narrow minded was a bit harsh. Sorry. Just in terms of sales though.

Is it failing? No. Even more sales though, would increase their ability to purchase the rights to more bands/songs.

I just think they could sell more units if they included more mainstrem DLC. Keep travelling the same direction to please the HC but also try to get more mainstream/casuals into the genre.

RedBoot

Sandman42 said:
We need more Dethklok!

-Awaken Mustakrakish
-Murmaider
-Hatredcopter

I'd do anything for Dethklok!

That's the same three song pack I thought of, except I'd replace Mustakrakish with Go Into the Water, just because playing the intro to that on guitar would be awesome.

Flynn

RMA question. I'm sending my guitars and drum pads back before the warranty wears out. Do they replace pads that miss note or only ones that "don't work" as it says in the RMA questionnaire?

Thanks.

This whole album please

145fv5.jpg

DuckRacer

Charron said:
Shackler's Revenge.
I should've said good GnR. Sorry! :p
Ten-Song said:
That'd still suck, even if it was a master track, because it'd still have to be a "radio friendly" version.
Duck said:
KitN would have a really awkward ending
I know, but I can dream of a special m-rated RATM dlc pack, right? :(

But anyway. I've finally beaten Highway Star on expert tonight. Fuck those hammer-ons.

edit: speaking of exclusivity, since Activision holds the exclusive license for Aerosmith, wouldn't it be possible for them to license out, say, their master of Train Kept A Rollin' for a fee to Harmonix?

I'm starting to think that the export feature of Rock Band isn't going to physically export songs to your hard drive, but instead let you access what is essentially a $5 track pack composing of all RB1 songs. Going with their all-masters mantra, I could see them attempting to get masters of some RB1 covers while letting covers without any possible masters just simply die. And Tom Sawyer Original Version would be included in this "song pack" as well.

It doesn't make complete sense, but it's food for thought.

Johnkers

So what's the predictions for the coming Madden pack? Just looking at the soundtrack and not much pops out to me except FRANZ FERDINAND!. Lucid Dreams is a great track. Don't think I'd pick up any of the others though

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Duck said:
speaking of exclusivity, since Activision holds the exclusive license for Aerosmith, wouldn't it be possible for them to license out, say, their master of Train Kept A Rollin' for a fee to Harmonix?
I think you're missing the point of exclusivity.
Duck said:
I'm starting to think that the export feature of Rock Band isn't going to physically export songs to your hard drive, but instead let you access what is essentially a $5 track pack composing of all RB1 songs. Going with their all-masters mantra, I could see them attempting to get masters of some RB1 covers while letting covers without any possible masters just simply die. And Tom Sawyer Original Version would be included in this "song pack" as well.
Only three tracks are affected, so there's no way they're throwing out songs just because they have to be covers. That and it's not one of the two reasons they already gave for the three songs not transferring. (those being 1.couldn't get rights... Hi, Aerosmith 2. They got a master... Hi, Tom Sawyer)
Johnkers said:
So what's the predictions for the coming Madden pack? Just looking at the soundtrack and not much pops out to me except FRANZ FERDINAND!. Lucid Dreams is a great track. Don't think I'd pick up any of the others though
Ugh... Hopefully they're already done after three tracks, or they realized what a fucking terrible idea it was. Every great pack has had a pile of shit follow it, though, right? The coming week's pack is great so... FUUUUUUUUUUCK.

AMUSIX

Ten-Song said:
That'd still suck, even if it was a master track, because it'd still have to be a "radio friendly" version.
I don't understand this. Last I checked, the mic was in the hands of the player, not Harmonix. There is no 'radio friendly' version unless your singer wants to sing it that way.

Xevren

The odds of Harmonix coming out with an album that I listen to is pretty slim but I can dream. I'd be the happiest person in the world if they put in some Opeth :p

Ten-Song

AMUSIX said:
I don't understand this. Last I checked, the mic was in the hands of the player, not Harmonix. There is no 'radio friendly' version unless your singer wants to sing it that way.

Well, don't have a singer on hand all the time.

AMUSIX

Ten-Song said:
Well, don't have a singer on hand all the time.
In that case, when it gets to that part of the song, just start screaming "FUCK YOU, IT'S JUST A SCOOBY DOO TOE JAM!" or whatever words you want to use.

Killing In The Name's cover never bothered me. I have an affection for a good, bad cover. Unless its Beetlebum.

Regarding Songs For The Deaf, I still think it would be a pretty poor choice as a full album. There is a lot of robotic guitar riffs that just loop for ages that I really don't think would be that fun. Give me a 3 pack of God Is In The Radio, No One Knows and Song For The Deaf.

Is it okay to want a few songs by the Ting Tings? Maybe just the three singles they have out. More female vocalists is always a good thing...

ting.jpg

Johnkers

Keyser Soze said:
Is it okay to want a few songs by the Ting Tings? Maybe just the three singles they have out. More female vocalists is always a good thing...

Ting Tings are rad but I never really thought of their music to fit into RB. Who knows, could be good!

Johnkers said:
Ting Tings are rad but I never really thought of their music to fit into RB. Who knows, could be good!

I think all their songs are comprised of only drums, guitar, vocals and a bass drum. So, I thought they were one of the were faithful to RB out there, as you'd be playing the whole song if you had four people togeather :D

I think it will probably be Neversoft/Activision that bring them to GH: WT though, as I really dont have much faith in Harmonix and current UK/Euro bands at the moment.

Yeah, not sure if they'll fit really. Musically they're not incredible...I do quite like them though.

You know what we should get? Beelzeboss from Tenacious D. Now the floodgates have been opened for the D. There's a lovely version of it out there that's censored (and thus acceptable) that I would enjoy singing.

XShagrath

RedBoot said:
I still say it's a crime that Lordi hasn't been in any music game besides Singstar.
I would really like some Lordi as well, but most of their main guitar work seems fairly easy. It might get my wife to finally play though. That or Therion.

I'm watching the 1Up Show segment properly; I do quite like the look of the drum trainer. Teach me fills, Harmonix, make me sound good.

I'm tempted to get hold of a RB2 guitar just for the calibration thing. I have no interest in actually playing with the thing, and I don't feel like I have issues with lag, but...still, it's so cool.

Nisa65

Turbonegro_Turbonegro.jpg

The lack of Turbonegro in Rock Band needs to be rectified asap, Apocalypse Dudes full album DLC please Harmonix.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Nisa65 said:

The lack of Turbonegro in Rock Band needs to be rectified asap, Apocalypse Dudes full album DLC please Harmonix.

It's supposedly being rectified. It was a rumor for RB2, then the list came and they weren't on it, now it's a rumor for the 20 freebies.

After hearing "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin at the Olyimpics Closing Ceremone I want it in Rock Band...

...and that's really not ever going to happen now, is it?

:(

Keyser Soze said:
After hearing "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin at the Olyimpics Closing Ceremone I want it in Rock Band...

Only if I can have pop sensation Leona Lewis singing it instead of Robert Plant.

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Supposed to be leaked from a tester, wasn't it?

Ahh right. Sounds very possible then.

Now I can get excited for Bandages by Hot Hot Heat. I do find it hard to believe these 20 bonus tracks won't just be like...bands nobody would pay money for though...

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
TheGreatDave said:
What's the sources on those lists, specifically the one that didn't come true?

I dunno about the lists, but...

-Turbonegro was based on a Funcom press release,
-Cake and Sublime are both based on management e-mails for the respective bands
-Bad Religion tweeted that they were in RB2
-Pennywise said in some magazine thing they had a song in

The other rumored tracks (George Thorogood, Against Me, etc) were coming from one of those playtester leaks. I'm only holding the five up there to being more likely, though. The others could be just regular DLC.

LakeEarth

Sp3eD said:
I want more songs from Guitar Hero 1 and 2.

I would kill for Symphony of Destruction, Dead!, and Ziggy Stardust.
I agree. Obviously they can't make it obvious, but I think they should eventually go over every GH1, 2, 80s song for DLC. Too many great songs that ended as shitty covers that deserve a second time through.

Nisa65 said:

that picture makes me imagine a world where The Village People had children with Marilyn Manson. It's not a pretty world, btw.

Keyser Soze said:

I agree with the need of a mega u2 pack, but you are missing some really great older stuff. Such as Bad, New Years Day, Bullet the Blue Sky among others. But Bad is the essential one that needs to be in this game.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
I'm tempted to get hold of a RB2 guitar just for the calibration thing. I have no interest in actually playing with the thing, and I don't feel like I have issues with lag, but...still, it's so cool.
Yeah, I'd really like to borrow one. I'd write down the settings so I could re-enter them manually if need be.
Hopefully, Harmonix won't release any patches that change the way lag settings work again. And while we're on that sad subject, hopefully they won't release any more patches that make the game completely stop working
No, not completely. The first ten songs still worked in Quickplay, lol :/ :(
and make me have to clear my cache and play the game without updates offline.
Keyser Soze said:

They should be more open to licensing that song than they are for most of their catalog since they didn't write it, lol. (plagiarized it, were sued, lost)

TAJ

TheGreatDave said:
Ahh.

I've never tried, just cos I know it'd just be cheating the system.
Youtube convinced me that the entire vox section of the game is a joke. I never touch it except at a party.

TAJ said:
Youtube convinced me that the entire vox section of the game is a joke. I never touch it except at a party.
In what sense? All the humming and falsettos? Or is it that Blitzkrieg Bop glitch?

I love vocals, got my first FCs on Amazing Journey and Don't Look Back in Anger yesterday.
I just sing like I normally would. It's a lot of fun.

But yeah, I only play it with others around.

Singing by myself feels weird.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Vocals are my favorite part. Usually when I'm playing with friends I'm doing that or guitar/vocals when they need more people to play expert.

And I swear to God one of those six albums better be...
VampireWeekendCD2.jpg

GoutPatrol said:
Vocals are my favorite part. Usually when I'm playing with friends I'm doing that or guitar/vocals when they need more people to play expert.

And I swear to God one of those six albums better be...
VampireWeekend
A-Punk was the song playing on my alarm clock today!

I really like that album. The drums sound like they'd be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom